Simpsons Season Sets + Movie T-shirt $22-$26 Wal*Mart

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Wal*Marts around the country should be setting this feature soon-ish for the upcoming release of the Simpsons movie.

Eariler sets are $22 each while later seasons are $26 each.

All seasons (including Season Six) come in the regular boxes, not the limited Plastic Heads.

Included in each set is the same T-Shirt with the Simpsons movie logo (with the pink/sprinkled doughnut for the "o" in movie).

Also, some of the DVD sets (Treehouse, Kiss and Tell, Gone Wild, maybe something else, don't remember) are $10 each. No free shirt though.

This is a pretty decent deal considering Wal*Mart (well, mine, at least) still carries Season 9 for $35 without a free t-shirt.

I also saw these at Sam's Club for the same price.

Of course the best deal on these right now is at Best Buy for $9.99 with the $10 off fox tv dvd coupon.

I did get season 6 with the shirt at Sam's though since that was the first time I've ever seen it in the box instead of the Homer head. Oh and the shirts are extra large.

[quote name='MrDubbs']You guys didn't get get the Free Regular Box?[/quote]

free regular box has that open top, which collects dust on pretty much everyone's shelf, i assume.

with s6 regular box $22 @ walmart, if you subtract $8.50 for the free movie ticket, and if you can sell your old homer head at FYE or DVD planet or wherever for $14 (dunno how much they give for box sets) you can break even, have the regular box and not worry about dust bunnies taking up residence in your s6 box. plus, you get a free t-shirt. so i might have to try that myself...

these releases come with "movie cash" worth up to $8.50 at select theaters to see the simpsons movie. so i mean, technically, you're not "saving" money, but if you were planning to see the movie in theaters, as i am, then it's sort of a discount because you don't have to spend more money for the movie ticket. but the movie ticket is only good at select theaters. and there's always the chance you may forget/neglect to use the ticket, like i did with both POTC3 and FF4:ROTSS this summer... "free" tickets gone to waste.

i bought season 9 yesterday which was 25.99 with shirt, the shirt was extra large, of course it is going to take a couple of washes for all the wrinkles to come out

Anywhere I can go to check out the list of theaters that will accept the movie cash?

I'm interested in picking up season six again (for the box ($5), the shirt ($7)). If I can get a free movie ticket ($8), it might make the $20 price tag worth it. I'm kind interested in grabbing Season 8 again, but only if I could make certian I'd get the variant disc artwork. A second shirt and a second movie ticket might even make it easier to swallow...

[quote name='UncleBob']Anywhere I can go to check out the list of theaters that will accept the movie cash?

I'm interested in picking up season six again (for the box ($5), the shirt ($7)). If I can get a free movie ticket ($8), it might make the $20 price tag worth it. I'm kind interested in grabbing Season 8 again, but only if I could make certian I'd get the variant disc artwork. A second shirt and a second movie ticket might even make it easier to swallow...[/quote]

variant disc artwork? i haven't heard of this... can you detail?

hollywoodmoviemoney.com is usually behind the movie cash promos. i think you have to have the promo code to find the EXACT locations in your area. generally, it's all regal/edwards theaters. AMC has never been in my area, but it may be different for yours.

I'm pretty sure only Season 9 comes with the movie ticket.

I'm going to buy Season 6 again, since the plastic head is pretty crappy and I'd be getting a t-shirt with it. At least I got it cheap from a fellow CAG.

not every season had the movie ticket at my wal-mart, but i specifically recall season 6 as one of the ones that did. the reason i took notice was because that was my swaying point at maybe getting it. this was in glendora, ca.

[quote name='Liontamer']Is season 6 $22 or $26. Might bite on one in a regular box if it's $22.[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the late reply, but I paid $22. It also comes with the movie ticket. The ones with the movie ticket have a sticker on the shrinkwrap for the free ticket. The ones without the free ticket are older stocks I suppose.

[quote name='darth007']Sorry for the late reply, but I paid $22. It also comes with the movie ticket. The ones with the movie ticket have a sticker on the shrinkwrap for the free ticket. The ones without the free ticket are older stocks I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I picked up S6 and there was no ticket. I didn't see stickers on any of the packages they had at the Walmart I went to --- so it definitely varies.

i just picked up season 6, w/ t-shirt, but no movie ticket, which sucks cause i'm going top see it friday. i also got the one about how homer and marge got together. i plan to get most of these except 4, as i already have it

I still need seasons 2 and 3.

Will probably pick up 3 so I can get the shirt, and hopefully get season 2 cheap on Black Friday (or something).

Oddly enough, the copies at Sam's Club near me have the movie cash while the ones at WM don't, but they cost $26.88 each at Sam's (~$5 more). I thought the whole point of the paid membership discount club was that the prices were supposed to be lower than at W M and other retailers.

[quote name='Liontamer']Oddly enough, the copies at Sam's Club near me have the movie cash while the ones at WM don't, but they cost $26.88 each at Sam's (~$5 more). I thought the whole point of the paid membership discount club was that the prices were supposed to be lower than at W M and other retailers.[/quote]

At Costco they're the same 22.99 price, no t-shirt though. But each season did have a movie ticket included, 1-9.

bread's done
Back