Sims 3 Showtime Price Drop?

szechwang

CAGiversary!
I know the game is brand new, but I'm looking to buy this for my gf...yet the $40 price tag is pretty hefty. I'm not a Sims buyer at all so I was wondering how well they keep it's price before a price drop happens. Or should I just wait a week and look on ebay? Any advice will help! Thanks :)

[quote name='szechwang']I know the game is brand new, but I'm looking to buy this for my gf...yet the $40 price tag is pretty hefty. I'm not a Sims buyer at all so I was wondering how well they keep it's price before a price drop happens. Or should I just wait a week and look on ebay? Any advice will help! Thanks :)[/QUOTE]
It's on Steam today for $10.

[quote name='Taren Fox']It's on Steam today for $10.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you read it wrong. Sims 3 is on sale for $10.19 today. The Showtime expansion is $39.99.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry, you read it wrong. Sims 3 is on sale for $10.19 today. The Showtime expansion is $39.99.[/QUOTE]
Oops, my mistake! D:

Well, a few things.

One, ebay won't help. The Sims 3 games require a S/N to install and that will have likely been used to install the game already if the game is used, so I'd avoid used copies unless you like paying $30 for a DVD case. And new prices are roughly retail price right now.

Two, the prices will go down... in about 3-4 months or so. Pets launched in October and was around 10-15 bucks around Christmas. But that doesn't help you now.

Right now there are no active sales for Showtime, so you're basically out of luck. You might trade in a couple of games at GS or BB to get some trade-in credit, but that's about the only way to reduce the price right now. Sorry.

I'm in a similar situation myself, I personally find the sales on Sims games to be rare. Target is offering a $10 GC this week, I have a feeling that will be one of the only offers for awhile.

bread's done
Back