Single Kart Multiplayer.

The best single-cart multiplayer game by far is Mario Party DS. Well, you may or may not like that type of game, but you have to at least admit that having full download play (not just minigames, or some subset of the game, but the entire game), and having it work so incredibly well, is pretty darn fantastic. Plus, it is a good Mario Party game. I definitely recommend it!

I also like the primary multiplayer game in New Super Mario Bros. I haven't played the other multiplayer games much, so there may be some good ones among those too - I don't know.

The most disappointing single-cart multiplayer game that hasn't been released yet? Kirby Super Star Ultra. I was really hoping they'd manage to do something like Mario Party DS, but apparently they haven't. You need two copies of the game to play the real game multiplayer. All you get via download play are some mini-games. That instantly makes it "Kirby Super Star Lesser Version".

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried it for myself yet as I just received the game recently, but Tetris DS has single-cart download play for I believe up to 10 players (?). I think it has all the modes available if playing via the nintendo wifi system but am not 100% sure.

Anyways its a great game nontheless, although a little tough to find. I'd definitely recommend finding a copy though!

Ruahrc

Out of left field: Geometry Wars: Galaxies DS!

It not only lets you play 2-player single-cart coop, but it also lets your cartless friend download a "demo" of the game (think demo kiosk at gamestop) of the entire original Geometry Wars game. (the entire game, sans the galaxies aspect)

Until your friend turns his DS off (not including sleeping), he'll have a nice port of the original 360 DLC for his DS for free, my nephew was quite happy with that.

Tetris DS
Space Invaders Extreme
WordJong
Clubhouse Games
NY Times Crosswords
Meteos

[quote name='yayece']Bomberman is probably all you need.[/quote]

Which Bomberman on the DS is the best? A quick search turned up 3 versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmachine']
Which Bomberman on the DS is the best? A quick search turned up 3 versions.[/quote]

Depends on what you want... The original DS one is pretty straight forward. Decent single player, and a bunch of multi-player options. Bomberman Land Touch 1&2 are basically a collection of minigames. They do however include a few multiplayer options. IIRC, there aren't as many options as the original. One big plus though is that they included wi-fi with the Touch games so you can play anybody in the world.

[quote name='lilboo']Anything other then Mario Party is wrong :nottalking:[/quote]

WORDJONG, goddammit.

I shit you not, that game is like crack. ;)

bread's done
Back