Singstar all editions $ 24.99 TRU's YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent deal for the PS2 mic bundles, unless they've dropped recently. CC has had the mic bundles at ~$30 for ages now. Only better price I've seen was Target clearance, which was YMMV.

Singstar Vol. 1 with the mics (PS3) is $10 at Sears.

I just bought it 2 weeks ago. This is a permanent price drop there.

I'm looking for Vol. 2 and Disney's Sing It!

Kinda crazy that Vol. 2 with mics would be $24.99. I want it, but don't know if it's worth the drive to find out.

The Singstar for ps3 IS cheap at Sears, but good luck finding it.

Also interested to hear about the TRU drop... (awaiting confirmation)

I'm a Singstar noob, why would I want this over RB2? Read the ign review of Vol. 2 and it didn't seem that great. Not knocking it, just want to know what they hype is about. Also, can any usb mic work? Thanks!

SingStar doesn't work with RockBand or other mics, has to be the specific SingStar one's because of the USB adapter or whatever. Doesn't work with Karaoke Revolution mics either. I looked online at Sears and Singstar 1 (PS3) was $59.99, is this a YMMV deal too, or a deal in-store everywhere, but you just have to be lucky to find one?

[quote name='TheGamingGuy']SingStar doesn't work with RockBand or other mics, has to be the specific SingStar one's because of the USB adapter or whatever. Doesn't work with Karaoke Revolution mics either. I looked online at Sears and Singstar 1 (PS3) was $59.99, is this a YMMV deal too, or a deal in-store everywhere, but you just have to be lucky to find one?[/QUOTE]

If you find it in store, then it should ring up $9.99 despite what the website says.

[quote name='LuisRM']I'm a Singstar noob, why would I want this over RB2? Read the ign review of Vol. 2 and it didn't seem that great. Not knocking it, just want to know what they hype is about.[/quote]
The main difference (aside from song selection) with SingStar is that two people can sing at once, either the entire song together or in a kind of call-and-response mode. It's a lot of fun, and good for groups where no one's too enthusiastic about plastic instruments.

This deal is not real. Went to Local ToysRus store, and the Vol 2 ps3 version rung up at the regular $59.99 price. I'm thinkin the OP may have seen the ps2 version of a similar game, or perhaps the sign was just wrong.

[quote name='deadite76']If you find it in store, then it should ring up $9.99 despite what the website says.[/QUOTE]

Last weekend, people were saying it would drop to $5 this week. Don't know if that happened or not but you can use the in-store locater to see if anyone near you has it as I did a couple of weeks ago.

FYI... My local Sears store didn't have the PS3 Sing Star 1 Bundles, but I printed out the barcode just to see what it would be in store, and it was marked clearanced @ $39.99 when I scanned it so the $9.99 is NOT universal.

Did anyone check in on this for the PS2 versions?, i'd like to pick up the country one for my father and would rather not pay 50 at Target for it.

I'm gonna check it out tomorrow. I've been wanting SingStar for the longest time and don't know why I haven't gotten it yet. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='Mint']I'm gonna check it out tomorrow. I've been wanting SingStar for the longest time and don't know why I haven't gotten it yet. Thanks a lot![/quote]

No offense, but doesn't anybody read. There are at least two of us, who have clearly said this is not real (physically went to store and checked). The thread should be closed unless the OP can show some real proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back