SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

[quote name='Breakpoint']What are some of the HOME items that get unlocked with Trophies?[/quote]

You get a T-shirt, depending on what trophy you unlock... Up to four of the shirts (2 male/2 female) can be unlocked in the game.

maybe I've only unlocked the females trophies. well that answers that questions.

Here's a biggie do PS2 songs count toward trophies? I just realized you can't upload media from PS2 discs online but does it still count toward the song count trophies?

yes, ps2 songs count. the game doesn't differentiate between which discs the songs come from. the ps3 recognizes singstar like it's just one game regardless of which singstar disc is in the ps3. you just need to always launch singstar using a ps3 disc.

[quote name='Wolfkin']maybe I've only unlocked the females trophies. well that answers that questions.

Here's a biggie do PS2 songs count toward trophies? I just realized you can't upload media from PS2 discs online but does it still count toward the song count trophies?[/quote]

What are all the absent feature when using one of the PS2 discs? You mentioned not uploading media, but can you still capture yourself singing with video and pics? Does it keep high scores for those songs? Is it compatible with voice control (which I really like)?

What else do we give up, if anything?

Thanks

it saves scores/pictures when using the ps2 songs. i guess i've never tried to upload media when using ps2 songs, so i'm not sure what the deal is with that. everything else works the exact same though.

Man, what a day for Singstar here.

Picked up:
Singstar Country bundle (9.99).
Singstar Legends (6.99).
Singstar 90's bundle (13.99).
Singstar Vol 2 (9.99).

I'm good on songs for a while unless I can find pop v2 for cheap. I've amassed 6 singstar discs in about 2 weeks time.

Edit: Is there any way to adjust the vocals, such that your voice doesn't exactly have to be the same pitch as the original artist? There's just no way I can hit some of those notes, whether they be the higher ones or lower ones. I'm nailing the lyrics, it's just that the tone isn't right.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']Man, what a day for Singstar here.

Picked up:
Singstar Country bundle (9.99).
Singstar Legends (6.99).
Singstar 90's bundle (13.99).
Singstar Vol 2 (9.99).

I'm good on songs for a while unless I can find pop v2 for cheap. I've amassed 6 singstar discs in about 2 weeks time.

Edit: Is there any way to adjust the vocals, such that your voice doesn't exactly have to be the same pitch as the original artist? There's just no way I can hit some of those notes, whether they be the higher ones or lower ones. I'm nailing the lyrics, it's just that the tone isn't right.[/quote]

Where did you pick those up at those prices? I know BB was having a sale on Vol 2 and ABBA for PS3 but didn't see those other listed.

As for your EDIT: You are allowed to sing an octave higher or lower than the real singer. There is no adjustment to setting to be made, it is a built in "feature."

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Where did you pick those up at those prices? I know BB was having a sale on Vol 2 and ABBA for PS3 but didn't see those other listed.

As for your EDIT: You are allowed to sing an octave higher or lower than the real singer. There is no adjustment to setting to be made, it is a built in "feature."[/quote]

Best Buy had Country, V2 and Abba for 9.99.

Toys R Us has the 90's bundle with mics for $19.99-30% off ps2 games this week, so it was $13.99.

TRU also has the legends disc for $9.99-$3 = $6.99, which is a steal. They have the 80's and Pop V1 as well, but I had those.

I'm still looking for Pop V2 and I think there are one or two others I don't have (Rocks/Amped). The 90's disc has got to be one of the best discs out there.

It's a damn shame those PS2 discs from other regions won't work.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Best Buy had Country, V2 and Abba for 9.99.

Toys R Us has the 90's bundle with mics for $19.99-30% off ps2 games this week, so it was $13.99.

TRU also has the legends disc for $9.99-$3 = $6.99, which is a steal. They have the 80's and Pop V1 as well, but I had those.

I'm still looking for Pop V2 and I think there are one or two others I don't have (Rocks/Amped). The 90's disc has got to be one of the best discs out there.

It's a damn shame those PS2 discs from other regions won't work.[/QUOTE]

Just need Country and Legends. Nothing at BB yesterday, I'll be checking out TRU later on today .Thanks!

yeah to be honest I don't use many of the 'features' and I haven't upgraded to voice control. I just assumed I 'd be able to upload videos of myself when I wanted to but the only reason I know it doesn't work with :ps2: discs is because they mentioned it in the Sony blog.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Best Buy had Country, V2 and Abba for 9.99.

[/quote]

$7 is an amazing price for legends, which arguably has the best track list of all the PS2 singstars. None of the TRUs near my home apparently have it (granted I can't check in person since I'm in the UK till next month).

[quote name='mtxbass1']TRU also has the legends disc for $9.99-$3 = $6.99, which is a steal. They have the 80's and Pop V1 as well, but I had those.
[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up on the TRU sale. I picked up Legends today. I would had got the pop but they did not have it.

i still have yet to check TRU for those discs even though i've been out by the mall a couple times in the past week. hopefully my store has the Legends disc.

I know the PS2 mics work on PS3, but was wondering if they're the same exact mics that would come with the PS3 version and if there are any issues with how good they work? Also, do all PS2 Singstar games work by hitting the select button?

[quote name='J7.']I know the PS2 mics work on PS3, but was wondering if they're the same exact mics that would come with the PS3 version and if there are any issues with how good they work? Also, do all PS2 Singstar games work by hitting the select button?[/QUOTE]

i have the mics that came with the ps2 version and the one's the came with the ps3 singstar. i can't tell the difference between them at all. pretty sure their the exact same thing. all ps2 discs that match your console region will work by hitting select. if they are from another country, they will not work

Holy shit. Why did you have to show me that Freaky? I haven't poked around their site in a few days, and that is very tempting. I just dropped $30 on Xmen dvds last night though, so for now I'll have to say no.

Contemplating on the wireless mic purchase.

My two wired mics are still in good condition yet will these wireless mics ever be that cheap in the US? I was also kinda upset last time I bought SingStar Queen and in the following day, a 10% coupon popped up and then disappeared the day after. Decisions, decisions. :whistle2:k

Well, the wired mics are $20 on Amazon, so I can probably imagine the wireless mics to be somewhat pricier when they're released in the US. :whistle2:k

I had to buy SingStar mics regardless last week for $38 at cdwow (I just got a price adjustment, btw ;) ), since the wired ones I have stopped working.

[quote name='mguiddy']What's with the different version of Singstar Queen on that website? One's (Solus) and one's (Game Only).[/QUOTE]

order solus. that's the one i ordered and got game only. as for the wireless mics, i ordered them about 3 weeks ago and got a indefinite delay email... so, don't plan on getting these anytime soon.

Anyone have problems during checkout with cdwow?
I keep getting "Our payment service provider was unable to complete your transaction."

TY for that info bigdsinferno. A few questions:
1) When are wireless mics coming to US, Wikipedia says they came in March...? (those CDWow mics are not US I take it)
2) Roughly how long is the wire on the wired mics?
3) Has anyone played Rock Band and know how its singing is compared to Singstars?

My wallet cried again thanks to freaky.

I couldn't resist the potential of awesome wireless mics would be at the end-of-year teacher's party. This should make passing the mic a lot easier and singing a lot wilder. :)

Still need Singstar Rocks, Legends, 90's and Pop Vol. 2 to round out my collection.

Is the $3.00 off Legends at TRU automatic or is it due to a coupon?

Anyone know where I can get Rocks, 90's and Vol. 2 for cheap new? I saw the above post for the 90's bundle, but I'm wondering if any of these 3 are on sale ATM for the disc only version. I already have 2 sets of wired mics (which I already don't want because I want the cool wireless ones), so I really don't want to add another set.

Thanks!!

[quote name='bigdsinferno']order solus. that's the one i ordered and got game only. as for the wireless mics, i ordered them about 3 weeks ago and got a indefinite delay email... so, don't plan on getting these anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

i have singstar, gh, and rb. rock band's singing is definitely the easiest of the bunch, while gh and singstar are far more difficult. personally, i find singstar to be more accessible when it comes to parties. people tend to be intimidated by massive amounts of plastic instruments i have lying around. also, singstar is focused on vocals only, rock band is not, so if you are singing in rock band, you're more likely to spend a minute or two listening to music rather than singing. that really doesn't happen in singstar.

my personal preference is towards rock band merely because i like the variety and the fact that 4 people can play at a time (yes, i know singstar has pass the mic, but it's not fun). they're both great though and i wouldn't really pick one over the other as they both have great qualities. now, gh i can do without. rock band also has better dlc, the singstar dlc sucks, as it's euro-centric and i don't know more than 3/4 of what's on the singstore.

[quote name='mcdaking84']quick question will singstar country work on my 60gb ps3/[/quote]
By swapping the disc, yes.
On it's own... I don't know, never tried.

NO!
The jacked the price of Queen. :cry:

I thought I had read that all PS2 Singstar games will become playable on PS3's through software emulation even those without any BC. Though they could've had that confused with the disc swap thing or my memory fails me.

[quote name='jling84']Still need Singstar Rocks, Legends, 90's and Pop Vol. 2 to round out my collection.

Is the $3.00 off Legends at TRU automatic or is it due to a coupon?

Anyone know where I can get Rocks, 90's and Vol. 2 for cheap new? I saw the above post for the 90's bundle, but I'm wondering if any of these 3 are on sale ATM for the disc only version. I already have 2 sets of wired mics (which I already don't want because I want the cool wireless ones), so I really don't want to add another set.

Thanks!![/quote]

All PS2 games are 30% off this week at Toys R Us. Good luck finding the disc only version of Rocks and 90's. If you find duplicates, let me know.

There is no Pop V2 for the USA unless Wikipedia is wrong.

There is a Pop Vol.2 I've had it for many months.

And for the guy with the 60gb asking about Country, I'm not sure. I've never tried ps2 singstars on mine without the disc swap.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']There is a Pop Vol.2 I've had it for many months.

And for the guy with the 60gb asking about Country, I'm not sure. I've never tried ps2 singstars on mine without the disc swap.[/quote]

O'rly.

Hmm. I wonder where I can find that then.

To the guy asking about SS Country, it's my experience that it will only work with the swap. I'll try it later tonight to verify.

[quote name='jling84']Still need Singstar Rocks, Legends, 90's and Pop Vol. 2 to round out my collection.
Anyone know where I can get Rocks, 90's and Vol. 2 for cheap new?[/quote]Try a Canadian. The Source (Circuit City offshoot) has Rocks, 90, and Legends on clearance. I picked up Rocks and Legends myself. I was so amped I forgot to check for PopV2. Canadians are always getting games shipped up I'm sure someone would ship one from up here down to you.

[quote name='mtxbass1']There is no Pop V2 for the USA unless Wikipedia is wrong.[/quote]Popv2 came out the same time Legends came out. I haven't checked in a while but I was sure it was listed in there somewhere.

[quote name='Wolfkin']
Popv2 came out the same time Legends came out. I haven't checked in a while but I was sure it was listed in there somewhere.[/quote]

If I can land the original Singstar, Rocks, and PopV2, I'll have all US releases. Damn if that still doesn't cover some of the songs I want in the singstore.

One would think they would release more of a particular artist. Stone Temple Pilots and Dave Matthews Band come to mind. Both of their singstar releases are quality songs, and there are plenty more that people like me would gladly buy...

US SingStore Update, 30th April 2009

Songs from this week's European update:

* 3T - "I Need You"
* Apocalyptica - "I Don't Care"
* Britney Spears - "(You Drive Me) Crazy"
* Britney Spears - "Born To Make You Happy"
* Britney Spears - "I Love Rock n Roll"
* Britney Spears - "Oops! I Did It Again"
* Britney Spears - "Stronger"
* Caesars - "Jerk It Out"
* Cindy Lauper - "True Colours"
* Donots - "New Hope For The Dead"
* Empire Of The Sun - "Walking On A Dream"
* Gotthard - "Lift U Up"
* Jason Donovan - "Too Many Broken Hearts"
* Kleerup feat Marit Bergman - "3:00 AM"
* Kraak & Smaak featuring Ben Westbeech - "Squeeze Me"
* Krezip - "Out Of My Bed"
* Krezip - "Plug It In And Turn Me On"
* Metro Station - "Shake It"
* Michael Bolton - "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You"
* Milow - "Out Of My Hands"
* Minnie Riperton - "Lovin' You"
* Natalie Imbruglia - "Shiver"
* Will Young - "Changes"

Songs from past European updates:
* Divinyls - "I Touch Myself"
* Laid Back - "Sunshine Reggae"
* Men At Work - "Down Under"
* Spleen Utd. - "Spleen United"
* Travis - "Sing"

Song pack - Ultimate Westlife
* Westlife - "Flying Without Wings"
* Westlife - "Fool Again"
* Westlife - "If I Let You Go"
* Westlife - "Queen Of My Heart"
* Westlife - "World of Our Own"

Song pack - Ultimate US5
* US5 - "In The Club"
* US5 - "Just Because of You"
* US5 - "Mama"
* US5 - "Maria"
* US5 - "Rhythm of Life"

Thanks to Tntnnbltn on the Official SingStar boards.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']"Mom's" probably gonna want the Michael Bolton... ;)[/quote]
Fixed...
We all know you like MB.:lol:

[quote name='mcdaking84']quick question will singstar country work on my 60gb ps3/[/quote]

Yes. I just tested it with my 60GB and it works fine standalone. It looks like ass, but it works.

Thanks for the lead on the TRU sale. I picked up '80s for $7. Now my wife might actually play with me.

The only other copies they had left was a few copies of Amped.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If I can land the original Singstar, Rocks, and PopV2, I'll have all US releases. Damn if that still doesn't cover some of the songs I want in the singstore.

One would think they would release more of a particular artist. Stone Temple Pilots and Dave Matthews Band come to mind. Both of their singstar releases are quality songs, and there are plenty more that people like me would gladly buy...[/quote]I thought there were two US releases I didn't want.. but the only one I can think of I'm missing is Country and PopV2.. oh well.

dude I could get down with some Lady Picture Show.

bread's done
Back