Situation resolved

anteis24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
Hi, please note that the user in question is actually a member of tradegamesnow.com and this has nothing to do with CAG (or a trade for that matter), but I figured I might get more helpful responses here. I’ve contacted a mod and he said it was ok to make this post. I'm in a situation where, in short, someone has refused to pay me back and has not responded to any form of communication. I have sought help from the obvious places without any luck.

I’m in RI but the other person involved resides in Detroit, MI. At tgn (user id Javier) he has 34 feedback and was semi-active in the forums, so I thought he could be trusted. Javier wanted to buy something from bidz.com. He said the item was going to be relisted shortly so needed someone to buy it for him using paypal and that he would pay back via money order. I agreed to do him this favor, and sent payment to the site’s paypal address on Aug. 2.

Javier had replied to 5 or so emails quickly when we were working out the details. Right after payment was sent, he stopped responding at all. Calls to his cell went straight to voicemail each time, I also left a message that has been left unanswered. Something else worth mentioning is that he has logged on to tgn since (but only once) and avoided my messages.

Javier also told me that the item could only be shipped to the address linked to my paypal account, so I expected to receive the item and then ship it to him at his expense. Turns out this was completely false, as I contacted the site and they informed me that the item was delivered to his address a while ago.

At this point I'm not sure what to do. All signs point to him trying to avoid paying me back, and there's no way for me to reach him. Below is all the info I have on him:

*removed*

It obviously wouldn’t be the smartest/safest thing to ask someone local to confront him, but I’m looking for any advice I can get, especially if anybody around that area can help or knows someone who can (even tracking down a home phone number would be a plus). I’m turning to help anywhere I can get it after exhausting other options. Bidz.com came out and said they wouldn’t do anything for me, I’m assuming because money was received and an item delivered (I’m essentially a third party that they have no concern for). His local authorities called it a civil, not criminal, matter.

For proof of the matter, I have the email log with Javier, receipt of payment and records from bidz.com. Thanks.
- Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Cabrini HS is a Catholic Private School in Allen Park (10 min Northwest of Detroit) you could try contacting the school directly to get information. At the very least you may be able to shame him. ;) If it was a small value item then let it go and learn from you expereince. If it was a large value item, contact the authorities.

You could try contacting the Pastor directly. He may have a talk with the youngin' for you. :)

Rev. Joseph Mallia 313-381-5601.

http://home.catholicweb.com/cabriniparish/index.cfm/staff

I live about 30 minutes north east of Allen Park. You can PM me his address and i'll see if I can find a local phone directory to get you a home phone number.

i'd say you contact the local police. he flat out stole from you. call his parents as well and tell them of their sons' misdeeds.

I am sure all the people talking about chalking it up as a loss would do exactly that...Why post if you arent going to be helpful?

BTW anteis...this is Headshot from TGN...have you talked to foxhound, bam, or y2k about this? I didnt see a thread in the trading tips or site feedback...Maybe they have some means of finding a different phone number incase it was changed...Also sent an email for ya to Javier...which I doubt will ever get responded to...I will let you know though!

The deal was for $80. I even sent an email to the school but have not gotten a response.

Ace - I used the Contact Us link and had a couple of emails with y2k (that's how I got his cell), but he just recommended I contact paypal (and that would do no good).

[quote name='anteis24']The deal was for $80. I even sent an email to the school but have not gotten a response.

Ace - I used the Contact Us link and had a couple of emails with y2k (that's how I got his cell), but he just recommended I contact paypal (and that would do no good).[/quote]Actually, if you did the deal on Paypal, I'd lodge a dispute with them and let him respond, or not respond. Then escalate it to a Claim, and let Paypal deal with it.

I don't know, paypal is pretty bad at helping people out. I paid $200 for a video card about 4 years back, and while I won the dispute, because he had taken the money out of his account, I didn't get a dime back. Yeah, thanks paypal, thanks a lot!

bread's done
Back