Sixaxis Periodical Bluetooth Disconnection/Desyncing Problem Part 2

Identity Fraud

CAGiversary!
This is the original thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130437

I looked through it and there wasn't a real fix with the 60GB versions, I know that the 80GB versions have a change that may have fixed it for people who had problems.

But did anyone figure out if any 60GB software updates fixed anything? A new controller? Did people who used wireless internet have more problems than wired? The only 'fix' I saw was from someone who had logitech wireless speakers and that messed up his 60GB bluetooth connectivity.

Dunno. I haven't had desyncing issues at all since I played through FFXII, which I finished last December (I own a 60GB FWIW). I'm curious to see if others have issues still, though.

I should probably point out that I don't marathon game anymore. I'll play, at most, a 90 minute session from time to time, so it's a possibility that short playtimes are helping me avoid desyncing? Just a thought.

Very interested in this discussion, because I am interested in purchasing either a 60gb or 80gb PS3. Also have been reading and it seems that the 60gb PS3 had problems with wireless keyboards, mice, and speakers. Not sure about 80gb.

The only problem I have with disconnecting is with PS2 games going into the game and back to the XMB. Disconnects both ways.

[quote name='Corvin']The only problem I have with disconnecting is with PS2 games going into the game and back to the XMB. Disconnects both ways.[/quote]Mine does that too ... I thought it was normal, though, since it pops up a prompt to press the PS button.

Bah, I wish we had real answers, I'm so tempted to sell my cheap 80GB to my friend and get a 60GB to toss out my PS2.

Its frustrating that they improved the bluetooth issue in the 80GB but lost the EE, software BC is decent, but we have no way to know if it'll keep improving or if the 40GB represents the death of all BC from this point out.

If logitech made a controller with rumble and tilt chances are I'd jut get that, since I always preferred logitech controllers over the official sony ones.

SIGH. Having my PS2 next to my PS3 isn't such a big deal, and I know if it dies a new PS2 is dirt cheap but eh. It'd be great if Sony just made up their freaking minds with the specifications.

If anyone has any links on this issue and how people resolved it (for example, is it only launch PS3s with Talladega Nights packed in, or even the later 60GB versions that were stand alone). If people were able to offer troubleshooting (like what channel on routers fixed issues) or even DIY fixes that may involve breaking the seal and moving components inside; please post it.

[quote name='ZaphodBB1']Mine does that too ... I thought it was normal, though, since it pops up a prompt to press the PS button.[/QUOTE]

I also thought it was normal. Strange, but normal.

I've had my 60 gigger since the end of August, and I've had no problems. I've done a couple marathons on my only PS3 game, and I've played a lot of PS2 games.

What have you tried to do to fix the problem? Do you live close to other people, maybe they have devices that are causing the interference?

[quote name='ZaphodBB1']Mine does that too ... I thought it was normal, though, since it pops up a prompt to press the PS button.[/QUOTE]

That actually is normal... it's the "shift" to the PS2 emulation, i imagine. Notice it doesn't happen when the PS1 emu kicks in.....

I've only had one or two issues with the disconnect on my 20G. During Tekken.... but it was very brief and I was able to salvage a win. ;) The other time was when I was playing Stardust.... surprisingly enough, I didn't die then either... shortly thereafter, but that's just because I really stink at that game. :)

Other than that, I've never seen it manifest itself on a regular basis...... *knock on pressed particle board*

From what I read, people both with 20GB and 60GB got it, people with a lot of wireless devices got it, as well as people with very few wireless devices. People using wireless internet, wired internet, or no internet got it. I wanted a BC PS3 since my PS2 sucks and I didn't want to give Sony another $100 as reward for their shoddy work, but I've made my peace with the fact that I'll have to do that to play PS2 in the future.

bread's done
Back