Skate 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Game is out right now!

orbit18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Didn't really see a thread for Skate 2 which is coming out, so I figure I'd start this up so we can talk about updates/release etc.

The website skate.ea.com recently added a image creator so that you can add it to ingame clothes/accessories.

Game is out right now! Go get it!

Demo is out now.

Click link to download to your queue.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/o...0454188AA?cid=MajorNelson&partner=MajorNelson

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/skate2/downloadandwin/default.htm

Deals: Preorder at Gamestop and you get a free Skate 2 t-shirt.

"Reserve Skate 2 and receive a free GameStop exclusive Etnies T-Shirt. Available for online and in-store customers only while supplies last.

Online Customers: T-shirt will ship with your order.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: T-shirt available at time of reservation."

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71465

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in this game since I never got to try out the first Skate. I've heard it's really good so I hope to get a demo for it so I can try it first. I really liked the old Tony Hawk games but haven't really found anything from this generation of games that I liked a whole lot.

Download the original skate demo, it will pretty much be the same stuff but more added tricks and able to get off your board. Just adding lots of features, but the core game is still there.

Am I like the only person who is most looking most forward to Skate 2 comparing to all the other games planned to release in 2009?

I am dying to play this game. I absolutely loved playing original Skate on PS3. I recently got a 360 version of the game for 360 in anticipation of the new game. The game just felt so fresh and unique to me comparing to all the other big tittle releases in 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Pink']Am I like the only personally who is most looking most forward to Skate 2 comparing to all the other games planned to release in 2009?

I am dying to play this game. I absolutely loved playing original Skate on PS3. I recently got a 360 version of the game for 360 in anticipation of the new game. The game just felt so fresh and unique to me comparing to all the other big tittle releases in 2007.[/quote]

Im with you! Skate 2 is the only game im looking forward to this year tbh...its a shame that its at the end of this month. But that is a positive aswell lol...

[quote name='Mr. Pink']Am I like the only personally who is most looking most forward to Skate 2 comparing to all the other games planned to release in 2009?

I am dying to play this game. I absolutely loved playing original Skate on PS3. I recently got a 360 version of the game for 360 in anticipation of the new game. The game just felt so fresh and unique to me comparing to all the other big tittle releases in 2007.[/quote]

I am as well but I'm not super excited to play it! :p I like this game better than a lot of games, because like tony hawk series I used to love just to skate around. Same to this game as well. I'm also looking forward to FNR4.

I played the skate. demo even though I didn't fully complete it, but it looks pretty decent. I know what you're think right now, that I'm being an idiot or something. Well it just seems kind of restrictive, I don't really know if it is or not, but it's most likely because of the Demo.

I'll be looking up a review of skate then probably will watch some gameplay videos to see if what I think the game is about is untrue.

Unless some fellow CAGs want to tell me instead. Fill me in Guys what skate. is all about.

IM AT WORK UNTIL 7pm AHHHHHHH I WANT THE DEMO!!!!

Forget this i will just quit so that i can go home and play the demo. maybe beg for my job back tomorrow or something.

And if anyone has a heart and a free minute, please vote for my skate video by clicking the stars on the left side so i can get the achievement in skate. I'll rate yours if you need it too.
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/65306/posts/1428975.aspx

i was playing the skate 2 demo now, since i just got a chance to. It feels like skate 2 runs at a higher framerate than the original skate. Skate was kinda of slowish, but this feels more responsive, and the hippy jump is fun. :)

[quote name='orbit18']i was playing the skate 2 demo now, since i just got a chance to. It feels like skate 2 runs at a higher framerate than the original skate. Skate was kinda of slowish, but this feels more responsive, and the hippy jump is fun. :)[/quote]

Yeah they bumped the frame rate up to 60fps I thought. It feels like a completely different game and being able to get off the board is a godsend.

this game is fucking hot! yeah the 60fps make it feel so different but it helps.

hippie jumps are great, and i'm getting the hang of doing no complys, bonelesses, and foot hops.

I love it so much. I already loved it but when i saw tensor and ricta had trucks and wheels in the game my mind exploded. I lvoed tensor and ricta when I skated so the already great playing game made me orgasm.

damn i love skatin and skate
but i cant play the demo since all i got is silver been looking for some codes but no luck gonna buy it fo sho though

[quote name='nnthomas']The demo didn't do much to help differentiate between Skate and Skate 2. I will rent this one instead.[/quote]

?

60fps, off board, foot pushes, ollie norths, lip grabs, enviro obj movement, non-loading warping, etc.

plus why would you want it so different from the first skate?

OMG this game is incredible!

I played the hell out of the orig Skate demo, but never bought the game because of a few issues that they corrected here (off board being #1). This is the game Skate should have been.

For a demo, this thing is packed with customization and goodness.

I'm going to preorder this now, and then get back to the demo.

The Tony Hawk series is dead. Long Live SKATE.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']?

60fps, off board, foot pushes, ollie norths, lip grabs, enviro obj movement, non-loading warping, etc.

plus why would you want it so different from the first skate?[/QUOTE]

I don't really want to buy the same game again. I blazed the first skate in a week, only needing to beg people to vote my on my video for the achievement.

[quote name='nnthomas']I don't really want to buy the same game again. I blazed the first skate in a week, only needing to beg people to vote my on my video for the achievement.[/quote]

Did you play the demo? This is Skate, but turned up to 11. ELEVEN!!!! ;)

The demo didn't imply that. It was no different than the first game's demo.

"You can increase time doing challenges!"

* 5 challenges later

"You did all the challenges! Enjoy the demo with your 6 minute countdown!"

I held off too long on buying the first game, but now that I've been thinking about it again, I might just get the new one instead.

[quote name='orbit18']I don't think the running works very well, it feels like the control is weird.[/quote]

it's a bit stiff but to be honest it gets the job done. at least you can walk, run, grab, call/throw board, get on/off board.

I did do a cool hippie jump onto a table, ran the top of the table, jumped off the end and back onto my board for a good score... nice!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']whatever. you just hatin' dawg.

but again, this is a love or hate game so no surprise.[/QUOTE]

I'm not hating at all, I like skate. I am saying the demo doesn't do a good job saying "well... this is the sequel to skate so you should buy this instead of the cheaper first one which is the same and you will get the same experience"

I can't believe this game is coming out in a couple weeks. I can't wait. I played the shit out of Skate 1 and I'll be getting this one too. My GF found it funny when they said "Dude, while you were in the slammer, me and the guys learned how to walk." The walking is a bit weird but I'll get use to it.

Like Puffa said Tony Hawk series is dead. I would rather do a kickflip over a set of stairs than do a 5 million point combo.

Why do they make the demo time limited? Do they think people won't buy the game and just play the demo.

That shirt that Gamestop is offering is actually pretty decent. I'm tempted to preorder from them. What size do the shirts usually come in?

In a way, I'm glad I skipped skate. 'cause what I played of the skate 2 demo is awesome. The teasers for the features in the full game make me so hype for it. Looks a lot bigger and more flexible/customizable experience than the first game (which played pretty well from what I got to try).

Wow, the demo just made me move this game from a day-oner to a rental. The off the board stuff is horribly stiff. The game, while looking better, feels exactly the same to me. I'll wait until this hits the $29.99 mark.

I've played the demo multiple times now. I still love it, but it's not perfect.

- I agree the off board movement is kind of stiff

- Timer sucks, but only because I have to remake a character each time.

- I played as a girl and the same voice track was used, your still referred to as 'Dude', 'Him', and 'He'.

- I hope there are more customization options in the full game.

Still a must have for me. I need ta unlock mah Shelltoes. :bouncy:

I was thinking about the demo and the size of it. The demo is was 1.5-2 GB, what is it going to take to install the game onto the hard drive?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I was thinking about the demo and the size of it. The demo is was 1.5-2 GB, what is it going to take to install the game onto the hard drive?[/quote]

nobody knows but I expect around 6 gigs.

I'm still unsure if I'll rent this or buy it, since I'm low on money. So far it seems like a buy, but I want to see reviews and such after it comes out to see what specifics they added that we can't see in the demo.

[quote name='orbit18']I'm still unsure if I'll rent this or buy it, since I'm low on money. So far it seems like a buy, but I want to see reviews and such after it comes out to see what specifics they added that we can't see in the demo.[/quote]

Yeh im with you, im going to see what other people say about it and maybe even wait for the price to come down abit.

I enjoyed the demo...but it didnt amaze me like the first Skate demo did. The off the board walking is very clunky and wierd. It did look pretty and the framerate was perfect. I will get it no doubt, but wait till the price comes down or what deals are found on here.

I played the demo once and its nice. Took me a while to get back into it. Walking was a bit strange, you would think they would have made it more fluid. But you cant walk backwards, and it feels like your walking in an old computer game. LOL. But to be honest, having this option is better than not having it.

After 10 minutes of playing, i like it a lot better than skate 1. Visually i think it improved. I had to DL the 360 version cause the ps3 didn't come out yet, but i'm going to pick it up on ps3 on day 1.

bread's done
Back