SKATE. - Go Skate Now >_< - Vote for CAG Videos to Help for Achevements

[quote name='qbkorso']Done please return the favor. Look for the link to mine a few posts up.[/quote]Thank You, I done the same for you.

[quote name='Slate']I have a serious problem in this game.. I can't stop being hit by cars :lol:

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/25119/posts/231989.aspx

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/25119/posts/231994.aspx

Enjoy the "accidents" and please rate them good. :D[/quote]

[quote name='Slate']Here is what happens if you mess up a flip near a light pole:

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/25119/posts/238447.aspx

And here is a picture of it:

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/25119/posts/238448.aspx

:D[/quote]

I need some ratings :)

Voting on everyone who has posted their videos that I haven't voted for yet.

Here are my 3 videos, my first video has 10 votes and my third video has 7 votes so far. First video was from the demo, but should still unlock the achievement if I get enough votes, since I got an achievement for the 6 uploaded photos with 1 demo photo included.

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/2965/posts/62252.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/2965/posts/261636.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/2965/posts/240999.aspx

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']anyone having problems downloading an update for skate? Every time I try to it says update failed[/QUOTE]

halo 3 is bogging down xbox live like crazy... give it a day and things should be good.

damnit, I think my fanboy achievment is glitched. I beat all the pro challenges and I beat them all in SKATE. I can't imagine what else would unlock it.

Also I'm doing the last photo shoot for thrasher and it says grind the outside edge. What the hell is it talking about? I've grinded just about everything in sight. I figured it ment the outermost part of the bridge railing but it still has an X when I grind it.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']damnit, I think my fanboy achievment is glitched. I beat all the pro challenges and I beat them all in SKATE. I can't imagine what else would unlock it.

Also I'm doing the last photo shoot for thrasher and it says grind the outside edge. What the hell is it talking about? I've grinded just about everything in sight. I figured it ment the outermost part of the bridge railing but it still has an X when I grind it.[/quote]

it's the outermost edge of the rail/ledge. dont know why it's not working for you, but it worked for me.

[quote name='getfckedx']it's the outermost edge of the rail/ledge. dont know why it's not working for you, but it worked for me.[/quote]

damn thats what I figured but its just not working.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']damn thats what I figured but its just not working.[/QUOTE]
are you sure you are grinding it far enough and getting enough points?

[quote name='Santurio']are you sure you are grinding it far enough and getting enough points?[/quote]

theres no point requirement for it. there are three requirments: 1. do two flip tricks 2. do 1 grind and 3. grind the outer edge

The first two go green no problem but I've grinded the outer edge on the bridge the whole way and still haven't got it.

EDIT:

Alright I just tried it again today and got it the first try. I think my game was just really glitched up yesterday because I did the exact same thing I was doing last night. Last night was also during the same game session where my beat all pros achievment didn't unlock. I'm still pissed about that one. I hate not being able to see that full 1000/1000 because of something stupid like a glitch.

Thank you for everyone offering advice on this last photo challenge.

Oh fuck this. In my milestones book it says I haven't beat all pro challenges. This is horse shit, theres another 100 gamerscore I'm screwed out of.

fuck EA I knew I should have never bought another fucking EA game.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Oh fuck this. In my milestones book it says I haven't beat all pro challenges. This is horse shit, theres another 100 gamerscore I'm screwed out of.

fuck EA I knew I should have never bought another fucking EA game.[/QUOTE]

Um, wow, it's just a goddamn achievement. They are worthless for anything other than self-congratulations, which you can do anyway without the game patting you on the head and giving you a treat.

Regretting a game purchase because it cheated you out of 100 achievement points is pretty stupid.

...actually, if you don't want it anymore, I'll take it off your hands. I haven't been able to find it anywhere for less than retail.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Um, wow, it's just a goddamn achievement. They are worthless for anything other than self-congratulations, which you can do anyway without the game patting you on the head and giving you a treat.

Regretting a game purchase because it cheated you out of 100 achievement points is pretty stupid.

...actually, if you don't want it anymore, I'll take it off your hands. I haven't been able to find it anywhere for less than retail.[/quote]
It's not just that. I have had a problem with EA for a long time and it has been forever since I purchased one of their games and when I finally do I'm stuck with a glitched game, a shitty website thats impossible to log onto to use skate.reel to its full features, and whole shitload of grief. Lord knows they made enough money throwing these advertisement pop-ups at me while I was playing the game so I want to know why they can't make this shit right.

Its the fact that I paid full retail and I except a game without all these bull shit problems.

[quote name='ThreeSixty']I lvoed this game even though i only have the demo but it is still a great game indeed.[/quote]

the demo is nothing compared to the game. Its awesome to just skate the whole city

Has anyone else found gaps that just can't be landed. I have found some gaps in the game that, maybe aren't supposed to be gaps and they are usually very large, but I can never land them, even if I am just doing an ollie or kickflip and land clean.

[quote name='ighosty']Has anyone else found gaps that just can't be landed. I have found some gaps in the game that, maybe aren't supposed to be gaps and they are usually very large, but I can never land them, even if I am just doing an ollie or kickflip and land clean.[/quote]
yeah, I've found some big gaps that just aren't possible to land.

like the one in this vid of mine:
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/21699/posts/250187.aspx
that's a slam (skull meets curb), but I tried it at different spots, and even when I made it over clean, kept my skater perfectly straight, he still couldn't land it. I know the game keeps track of height, so I guess if you drop from a certain height the game won't let you land it.

a couple more vids if you guys are still into rating:
Carroll: nollie 360 inward heel to 5-0 grind to kickflip out, onto a varial flip to method through the telephone pole gap in The Res
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/21699/posts/280195.aspx

Dem Bonez: Matrix arch gaps, ollie the first then 360 shuv to noseblunt to nollie flip out
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/21699/posts/236291.aspx

ratings would be appreciated. I only need the win 6 and skate celeb ones.

sorry for just hitting up this thread, between skate and Halo 3 I've been playing a lot lately and haven't been to CAG, but I'll go back through and rate a bunch. :)

I've never been big into skateing games (closest I've been to enjoying them is Jet Set Radio) My friend got this and I started playing it, I absolutly love it. I'm gonna try and pick one up in the next week or so.

You still playing this Rolento? I know you were promoting it in the Fighting Thread.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I've never been big into skateing games (closest I've been to enjoying them is Jet Set Radio) My friend got this and I started playing it, I absolutly love it. I'm gonna try and pick one up in the next week or so.

You still playing this Rolento? I know you were promoting it in the Fighting Thread.[/QUOTE]

yes I still play it :)

this is the only game I can keep going back to whenever I need to chill out and relax. it's some of the best stuff to listen to custom soundtracks to since it takes you to almost a different level of thought. It's hard to say if non-skaters would like this, but try the demo since it only gives a very small taste of what the game is like.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yes I still play it :)

this is the only game I can keep going back to whenever I need to chill out and relax. it's some of the best stuff to listen to custom soundtracks to since it takes you to almost a different level of thought. It's hard to say if non-skaters would like this, but try the demo since it only gives a very small taste of what the game is like.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was playing the demo just now. And it's funny you say you play it to relax. My friend says the same thing. He says he'll play Halo and when he needs a brake he'll pop in skate. I can see my self doing that, but with RPGs.

I just found one for $42 from another CAG. Not bad. :cool:

Is the game one huge level, or what? I chose "the schoolyard" or whatever it's called under free skate and the level was literally like 85 miles long. Are all levels that big!?

[quote name='Scorch']Is the game one huge level, or what? I chose "the schoolyard" or whatever it's called under free skate and the level was literally like 85 miles long. Are all levels that big!?[/QUOTE]

I think you just start at the school yard but the rest of the world is still open to you, I've never done free skate though. And yes, the game is just one giant level.

[quote name='mr ryles']the game is just one giant level.[/quote]

I figured. Fine by me though. Nothing beats holding both triggers and coasting down a hill and slamming into a car. This is one of those games that i'll play just because of the physics and I'll never do anything important.. i'll just crash into shit.

I'm not a skater, but I really like this game. It's just so much fun riding around and tricking every once in a while. When I do decide to try some of the objectives, there's still lots of flow to the gameplay despite having to try and focus on a single trick or a line. In a way, it's got a Stuntman-esque level of gameplay to it in that I wanna keep going through it until I get it just right, but not so much to the point that I get frustrated. I'm definitely never touching a Tony Hawk game again if Skate goes in the path it's going right now.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'] I'm definitely never touching a Tony Hawk game again if Skate goes in the path it's going right now.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I really hope they release new iterations of this game on a regular basis to compete with the yearly releases of crappy Tony Hawk games. Tony Hawk needs to be buried (well, the game, not the person :))

Oh, and if anyone else wants to offer up a copy for less than $50, that would be great.

Still can't get to any of my vids on the website, stupid EA. Love the game but am pissed that i can't watched my saved vids and when i contact them about it they say they are "workin on this problem"

I need to update the OP with all or most of the videos posted... from here on post only one video if you want to be in the OP since it's hard to sort through it all.. just post your name and your video link. I'll start as soon as I get at least 2 more votes ;)

bread's done
Back