Skybus goes bankrupt

Droogs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Source: http://business.smh.com.au/skybus-airlines-goes-bankrupt/20080407-246t.html

Skybus Airlines, a US low- fare carrier that started operations less than a year ago, filed for bankruptcy after stopping service.

The airline is the third carrier to seek bankruptcy in the past 2 1/2 weeks on rising fuel costs and a slowing economy, joining Aloha Airgroup and ATA Airlines. Skybus started service on May 22, with some tickets as low as $US10 for a four- hour flight.

''Our financial condition is such that our board of directors felt it had no choice but to cease operations,'' Skybus said in a statement on its Web page yesterday.

www.skybus.com

This is a major blow for me as it was based out of Columbus, OH. I flew on their airline 5 times, mostly to Boston. Often times I would get $10 tickets. After the fees and everything it would be $36 round trip from Columbus to Boston.

:cry:

In case you missed it, there were 3 other airlines that filed for bankruptcy this week as well.

ATA, Skybus, Aloha, and one other that I can't remember.

Sucks for all those who were able to get cheap flights.

Source: http://business.smh.com.au/skybus-airlines-goes-bankrupt/20080407-246t.html

Skybus Airlines, a US low- fare carrier that started operations less than a year ago, filed for bankruptcy after stopping service.

The airline is the third carrier to seek bankruptcy in the past 2 1/2 weeks on rising fuel costs and a slowing economy, joining Aloha Airgroup and ATA Airlines. Skybus started service on May 22, with some tickets as low as $US10 for a four- hour flight.

''Our financial condition is such that our board of directors felt it had no choice but to cease operations,'' Skybus said in a statement on its Web page yesterday.

www.skybus.com

This is a major blow for me as it was based out of Columbus, OH. I flew on their airline 5 times, mostly to Boston. Often times I would get $10 tickets. After the fees and everything it would be $36 round trip from Columbus to Boston.

:cry:

In case you missed it, there were 3 other airlines that filed for bankruptcy this week as well.

ATA, Skybus, Aloha, and one other that I can't remember.

Sucks for all those who were able to get cheap flights.

bread's done
Back