Skylanders Adventure Packs in Stock 19.99 Amazon

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!
Thanks
yuiokjnhbgfdr
OP!

I bought the starter pack and haven't even played the game yet, but I feel compelled to pick up these adventure packs. Thanks for posting.

Empire of Ice is gone, going - probably gone by now - is Pirate Seas. I you're reading this you probably missed out on all 3. FYI - no Dragon's Peak.

Still need Zook and Lightning Rod! :(

I suggest you guys buy ATVI stock and get rich. This craze is worse than Beanie Babies and Pokemon.

It's so nice seeing Whirlwind for $7.99 w/FSSS on Amazon :)

Somehow Prism Break suddenly became the rarest of the original releases.

[quote name='jedifrog21']Thanks OP! Missed out on Empire of Ice AGAIN though[/QUOTE]

I just clicked all 3 links again just now, and they all still appear to be available, including Empire of Ice.

Empire of Ice keeps going in and out of stock, Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt haven't gone out of stock for a few days now. Seems PS and DC aren't as rare anymore.

Unless you are hardcore into this game or have a child that is, the adventure packs are way overpriced in terms of actual in game content. It adds 1 level and 1 character. If you are buying them for the toy factor than it might not be so bad, but dont expect to get 20 dollars worth of in game content, or anywhere near that.

[quote name='caltab']Unless you are hardcore into this game or have a child that is, the adventure packs are way overpriced in terms of actual in game content. It adds 1 level and 1 character. If you are buying them for the toy factor than it might not be so bad, but dont expect to get 20 dollars worth of in game content, or anywhere near that.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I will wait for Buy 1 Get 1 on the adventure packs. It may be 4 months or more before we see that though. I was lucky and bought the first 2 for the buy 1 get one at toysrus at thanksgiving time.

I did snag 2 3 packs last week on amazon.

Meh, If I cared about how much value these characters bring to the game, I'd only have 1 of each element and that's it. But my son LOVES the figures, and he can't get enough of changing them out while I'm playing and seeing each different one on the screen. That makes it worth it to me. But the warning is appreciated regardless.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Meh, If I cared about how much value these characters bring to the game, I'd only have 1 of each element and that's it. But my son LOVES the figures, and he can't get enough of changing them out while I'm playing and seeing each different one on the screen. That makes it worth it to me. But the warning is appreciated regardless.[/QUOTE]

Well I would probably qualify your son as being hard core into the game, making the adventure packs more reasonable. My opinion of the packs value proposition is more directed towards adults who don't play or collect toys.

[quote name='caltab']Unless you are hardcore into this game or have a child that is, the adventure packs are way overpriced in terms of actual in game content. It adds 1 level and 1 character. If you are buying them for the toy factor than it might not be so bad, but dont expect to get 20 dollars worth of in game content, or anywhere near that.[/QUOTE]

Don't open the pack. Just put the box on the portal, play it then sell it. It's like a free rental, mostly likely a profitable rental.

[quote name='Toss']Don't open the pack. Just put the box on the portal, play it then sell it. It's like a free rental, mostly likely a profitable rental.[/QUOTE]

Wait. Does this work? Do you put it on the portal once and have unlimited access? Or do you need it whenever you want to play the level?

I think maybe there should be a general thread for Skylanders since there seems to be about 3 or 4 "X is in stock" threads popping up every week.

[quote name='Brother Daz']^yes that works for everything in it except the character[/QUOTE]

i didn't even know that. I figured you'd have to have the empire of ice or the pirate ship on there whenever you wanted to play it again.

[quote name='confoosious']i didn't even know that. I figured you'd have to have the empire of ice or the pirate ship on there whenever you wanted to play it again.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it myself but I remember somebody here said that it works that way. So its possible I could be spreading false info

Edit- so I just tried it out with my darklight crypt. It didn't work like I had heard. I put the crypt on and it stayed on the map after I took it off. I then turned the game off and back on and the crypt was gone. Sorry about the wrong info there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's once you beat the level it stays because I know for fact that every time we play Skylanders the Pirate Seas and Empire of Ice levels are there (he's getting Darklight Crypt for his birthday next month so I can't speak to that one) and they've only been on the portal once.

All I know is i'm watching my daughter play a dragon level right now and we never opened the pack. She's playing with eruptor so I don't know if you can use both sunburn and dragon peak at the same time. i don't know how she even opened the world! lol This from a kid who doesn't turn 4 till this summer.

[quote name='Brother Daz']
I haven't tried it myself but I remember somebody here said that it works that way. So its possible I could be spreading false info

Edit- so I just tried it out with my darklight crypt. It didn't work like I had heard. I put the crypt on and it stayed on the map after I took it off. I then turned the game off and back on and the crypt was gone. Sorry about the wrong info there.[/QUOTE]

No, it will save to the file, but you have to play through it. You can't just drop it on then turn it off, you have to trigger an end of level save. I've got all four adventure packs unlocked on 3DS and XBox360 and don't have to use the statues on those save files anymore to play them. You can see them to the far right of the chapter select as well (23-26) and access them without the item.

However, it only works on that game save. Try another and they aren't there so you have to use the item again. After it unlocks the level and is saved, the statue only serves as a "bomb" that will damage enemies in your area, only once per statue per level.

bread's done
Back