Skylanders: Gamestop.com: Wham Shell In-Stock!

Just got a not in stock message.

Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently Skylanders Wham-Shell Character is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jericholic101']Just got a not in stock message.

Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently Skylanders Wham-Shell Character is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.
[/QUOTE]

Same here, what a bunch of a-holes. At least Amazon lets you order out of stock items, so I'm keeping my orders there for the final 3 I need (camo, warnado, whamshell).

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Same here, what a bunch of a-holes. At least Amazon lets you order out of stock items, so I'm keeping my orders there for the final 3 I need (camo, warnado, whamshell).[/QUOTE]

To be honest, it has been coming up and down at times most of the morning, probably as they make adjustments to stock to correct for orders that used bad cards/etc, or maybe they just stage them slowly to make sure they do not sell out more than they have. I'm actually glad they are a bit more cautious with their inventory, and the website apparently is set up to ensure they don't take orders for product they do not have (ahem Newegg). It is now finally "Currently unavailable online".

If I had my guess, they probably reallocated and cancelled orders for people that ordered a several of them. They have been known to do this in the past, banning people as "resellers" for ordering multiple copies of the same item - and with Skylanders they appear to have much less tolerance for it. Take for example if you have some yahoo that orders 10, they can either have 1 happy customer and 10 unhappy ones or 10 happy and 1 unhappy that is probably using them as a wholesaler. Easy decision. They have their own second hand business, they don't want their customers to resort to Ebay.

The thing with these is that taking pre-orders is probably more pain than it is worth, how much time would they have to spend to answer "is it in yet" emails? Gamestop has very rarely taken pre-orders for products post-release for next shipment - once the game is out you have to Wish List it if it is out of stock.

[quote name='plus1zero']Do you guys actually play this game or do you get them for your kids? Not hating..just wondering[/QUOTE]

Both. I grew up liking action figures and video games, so this is a fun way to share that with my sons. He literally asks me every single day to play with me, and while I really enjoy it me and my wife usually limit it to weekends. We actually just beat it the very first time a couple weeks back, because I didn't want to just power through it (and he accidently erased our old save) - I wanted to do it together with him. We haven't even really delved into Heroic Challenges or Arena yet, but we will as the bit of it we played was a ton of fun too.

Since then we just play random levels and are going to start a new save file too. My wife also has played a few times with him, Hex and Stealth Elf are considered "hers" and we leave those for her to level up and play. My toddler always wants to watch us play too, and he just plays with the figures we aren't using at the time (he is very fond of Voodood and Trigger Happy, and knows the names of almost all of them).

Would I be as gung ho about playing it or collecting if it weren't for my son? Probably not. The game actually didn't register on my radar until the week it came out when I was shopping in TRU and saw it.

My kid is all over this for his birthday (has been playing it at his friends). I've been loading up on figures for him, but I'm assuming I'm going to end up having to play this with him quite a bit. Am I going to blow my brains out?

[quote name='defpally']Both. I grew up liking action figures and video games, so this is a fun way to share that with my sons. He literally asks me every single day to play with me, and while I really enjoy it me and my wife usually limit it to weekends. We actually just beat it the very first time a couple weeks back, because I didn't want to just power through it (and he accidently erased our old save) - I wanted to do it together with him. We haven't even really delved into Heroic Challenges or Arena yet, but we will as the bit of it we played was a ton of fun too.

Since then we just play random levels and are going to start a new save file too. My wife also has played a few times with him, Hex and Stealth Elf are considered "hers" and we leave those for her to level up and play. My toddler always wants to watch us play too, and he just plays with the figures we aren't using at the time (he is very fond of Voodood and Trigger Happy, and knows the names of almost all of them).

Would I be as gung ho about playing it or collecting if it weren't for my son? Probably not. The game actually didn't register on my radar until the week it came out when I was shopping in TRU and saw it.[/QUOTE]
That is my situation verbatim (minus the wife wanting to pay). Otherwise, you described my exact situation and how I feel about the whole skylanders thing as a whole

[quote name='vcplant']My kid is all over this for his birthday (has been playing it at his friends). I've been loading up on figures for him, but I'm assuming I'm going to end up having to play this with him quite a bit. Am I going to blow my brains out?[/QUOTE]

Only if you want a serious story :) Just remember, after you beat a level you can skip most cutscenes when you replay it from the menu. Except the Chaos boss battles, those cutscenes can't be skipped and get old fast.

It's kind of like Gauntlet or a "My First Diablo". It's not overly hard, but having a bunch of figures helps for the more challenging parts (the last level is tough, the last boss is a bastard) because they are like extra "lives" - when one gets knocked out he is down for the level and as long as you have more you can keep going. Every character can be leveled, have special abilities that really do substantial upgrades and two upgrade paths that vary widely. All characters play differently, with very little "cloning" of abilities between them. Some are melee, some ranged, some utility - in two player it really opens up due to the variety in strategy your chosen pair can offer. You also have single player Heroic Challenges (each figure unlocks one) that can give you stat upgrades, funny hats that give stat upgrades when wearing them and a fun Arena mode for versus fights.

bread's done
Back