Skylanders Giants Molten Hot Dog (Walmart Exclusive) $9.96

Nice figure, picked one up randomly the other day ... interesting color and much nicer than the boring glow in the dark variants.

Doing the site to store gets this in the item description at the end.

"Skylanders Giants: Molten Hot Dog - Wal-Mart Exclusive (Universal)
This title is intended for mature audiences. You must be 17 or older to purchase. It may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. By ordering this item, you are certifying that you are at least 17 years of age.."

[quote name='cancerman1120']Is the game any good? Or does it not matter at this point?[/QUOTE]

It's a good game for kids and adults. Fight enemies and collect experience to raise the level of your figure. Collect enough money upgrade your attacks. Reminds me a little of gauntlet.

Not liking the color of the Hot Dog but better to spend 10 dollars for something you want than 25 of figures you don't need.

[quote name='Marauder7']It's a good game for kids and adults. Fight enemies and collect experience to raise the level of your figure. Collect enough money upgrade your attacks. Reminds me a little of gauntlet.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. It just seemed like the figures have become the focus of the whole endeavor. More a collectibles sort of thing.

Thanks OP, picked one up for the boy. He'll be surprised to get this one.

Edit- Noticed this on my confirmation page.

"This title is intended for mature audiences. You must be 17 or older to purchase. It may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. By ordering this item, you are certifying that you are at least 17 years of age.":whistle2:k

If Activision actually released all of the Series 2 figures months ago, I probably would have bought a few more. There's hardly any justification in picking up new figures when you've already beaten the game last year and have moved on to other things...

...but Hot Dog is special :) I think every kid wanted him since day one.

What kind of in-store stock have these gotten yet (if any)? Those fugly Sonic Booms have been rotting on store shelves since Black Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Ok cool. It just seemed like the figures have become the focus of the whole endeavor. More a collectibles sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Can consider each figure as a life and once you loss all of your HP you have to swap to another figure. Already have majority of the figures from season 1 and 2. Refused to purchase duplicates unless it's cheap (BB had the light cores for about $5). Have to say that the Thump Back looks the best out of all the figures.

[quote name='Kerig']If Activision actually released all of the Series 2 figures months ago, I probably would have bought a few more. There's hardly any justification in picking up new figures when you've already beaten the game last year and have moved on to other things...

[/QUOTE]

My son kinda lost interest in the game after beating it. Still have Thunp Back, Eye Brawler, and Hot Head unopened.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Is the game any good? Or does it not matter at this point?[/QUOTE]

It's god damn horrible. Yet, no it doesn't matter by now, Disney is cashing in. The game is horrible, when it was new I picked up a copy at a goodwill fro 30$ I hate myself for it. I played once because I spent that much money, but even the child didn't want to play with me anymore. The game is embarrassing to play as an adult or anyone not older than a child.
Figures=cool, great idea. Game= @#%^&@

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks OP, picked one up for the boy. He'll be surprised to get this one.

Edit- Noticed this on my confirmation page.

"This title is intended for mature audiences. You must be 17 or older to purchase. It may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. By ordering this item, you are certifying that you are at least 17 years of age.":whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Thats is one Hot Dog; if you know what I mean.

Nice, thanks OP. I already got the kids Hot Dog as part of the 3-pack. Had I known this was coming I would have held off. But I picked one up anyway for a later gift. I had a gift card from My Coke Rewards so I figured I might as well. I almost never go to Walmart otherwise. And I had it shipped to a Fedex store so I don't even have to go to Walmart ;).

[quote name='Desousa93']It's god damn horrible. Yet, no it doesn't matter by now, Disney is cashing in. The game is horrible, when it was new I picked up a copy at a goodwill fro 30$ I hate myself for it. I played once because I spent that much money, but even the child didn't want to play with me anymore. The game is embarrassing to play as an adult or anyone not older than a child.
Figures=cool, great idea. Game= @#%^&@[/QUOTE]

*facepalm* some people.. you realize this is a fucking kids game right? Why dont you just go buy that $4 copy of Victorious that BBY has on sale right now then complain about that too?

My niece loves it and i enjoy playing it with her because it makes her happy. Its not really horrible, its basically a kiddy level dungeon crawler style hack and slash but without any real loots. If you have a small child they'll probably love it, but ya.. proably not worth getting into for yourself if your an adult

*edit* wtf .. no free shipping? This sites lame. Any free shipping codes? Think i'll just pass if there are none

[quote name='Kenshindono']
*edit* wtf .. no free shipping? This sites lame. Any free shipping codes? Think i'll just pass if there are none[/QUOTE]

No, but there is free shipping to Fedex Stores. I did that before for another Walmart-exclusive figure and it worked out pretty well. I didn't have to make the 40 mile round trip trek to the nearest Walmart.

If this is a walmart exclusive figure, I'm gonna hold out till it comes out in stores. They color variants that walmart gets always get overstocked and sit around for months, like red drill Sargent and the glow in the dark sonic boom. But thanks anyway OP :D

I did a site-to-store order a few days ago, with a pickup estimate of Friday-Monday. Today I stopped by and chose the best one out of 10+ they had on the pegs. I'll let my S2S order rot and cancel out.

They also had one Hot Dog/Zap/Catapult pack, I was surprised to see that. They did not, however, have ONE SINGLE giant figure.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']If this is a walmart exclusive figure, I'm gonna hold out till it comes out in stores. They color variants that walmart gets always get overstocked and sit around for months, like red drill Sargent and the glow in the dark sonic boom. But thanks anyway OP :D[/QUOTE]

I picked one up earlier tonight at my local store. They didn't have as many as the GITD Sonic Boom (keep in mind that was for Black Friday). I'd say about 10 or so. They had a ton of almost everything else, including some I don't see very often, like one each of Lightcore Shroomboom, Lightcore Jet Vac, Hot Head, Thumpback, and Eye Brawl. I really hit the mother lode... too bad I already had all those. #-o

[quote name='Kerig']If Activision actually released all of the Series 2 figures months ago, I probably would have bought a few more. There's hardly any justification in picking up new figures when you've already beaten the game last year and have moved on to other things...

What kind of in-store stock have these gotten yet (if any)? Those fugly Sonic Booms have been rotting on store shelves since Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I find the fact that the toys are released in waves interesting as well, but contrary to my initial thoughts my nephew getting Eyebrawl and Thumpback for his birthday resulted in him playing the game a bunch more, and every time I've been at Target/etc., I see kids going ape shit over Hot Head or a Thumpback on the shelf.

On that note, my nephew was going on about wanting Hotdog yesterday so I may have to tell him Walmart is selling it as a single character. He's anxious to spend some of his b-day money.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Just ordered one for an in-store pickup and it said it was ready today. Thanks OP! Now to try for Ninjini...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I can grab a Ninjini tomorrow as well. Wonder how many TRU wil get. Also hope I can get a Hot Dog from walmart soon. Still says Mar. 5 in the email, but I hope they get some in early.

Picked one up at one of my local stores and were plenty available. Pretty sure this will be like GitD Sonic Boom Exclusive where there will always be plenty on shelves. No figure will ever top Legendary Trigger Happy though. Pretty sure a few have been buried in the desert near the Atari E.T. burial site.

My store had a ton of these and the GitD Sonic Boom. Not much of anything else. The lines the check out were hideous though... I hate Walmart.

bread's done
Back