Skylanders Giants Ninjini Released 2/27 TRU

GavinShai

CAGiversary!
Normally this wouldn't be much of a deal because its just an MSRP release, but prior to today the figure only had a limited release at the NY Toy Fair and is still currently selling for $250-450 on ebay.

10zws4w.jpg

[quote name='Desousa93']I think it's just the lighting. Or he bought his portal from china and it uses cheap transparent plastic. China on ebay will screw you everytime. I do like how he was going to contact activision about something not released yet.[/QUOTE]

The first round of giants starter packs from Wal-Mart (the sets with the glow in the dark Cynder) also came with "glow in the dark" portals made with a translucent housing like that.

[quote name='icpmattj']mine shows shipping soon as well with a delivery estimate of march 6th. I have prime so that puts it shipping Monday if that estimated date is correct. I've had back ordered skylanders ship before the "in stock" date in the past do it could ship today or tomorrow possibly.[/QUOTE]
Im prime also and have the same estimated delivery date. From my experience with prime, if something ships out by noon on thursday, it gets upgraded to one day and I always get it on Friday. Hopefully thats the case here. I cant wait to surprise the boy with her (more excited he'll stop asking me everyday when he'll be getting her :lol:)

That sounds like my kids. They ask me daily if I found her yet because they know I look online. My son heard about swap force the other day at school and told me about. I told him I haven't heard of it and he hasn't asked about it again. If I told him the truth then I would be hearing about swap force everyday until it came out.

[quote name='icpmattj']That sounds like my kids. They ask me daily if I found her yet because they know I look online. My son heard about swap force the other day at school and told me about. I told him I haven't heard of it and he hasn't asked about it again. If I told him the truth then I would be hearing about swap force everyday until it came out.[/QUOTE]

The day they announced swapforce I told my wife there goes another $300 at least.

My kids have no interest (at the moment at least) in Disney Infinity, though.

[quote name='apterous']FYI, the "Molten Hot Dog" Wal-Mart exclusive single is in stock online at walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylanders-Giants-Molten-Hot-Dog-Wal-Mart-Exclusive-Universal/23025229

I already have the regular Hot Dog, but he's kinda cute, so it's tempting...

If anyone wants to hook me up with a Ninjini, let me know![/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me, turns out I had a $20 gift card, so I picked up two. Also, noticed a few of the Giants figures are down to $6-7 on Amazon, more common figures, but cheaper than retail.

On topic, I wonder what the chances are finding Ninjini tomorrow? No ToysRUs within 50 miles of here. Any other stores confirmed for getting these? Just Amazon and TRU?

[quote name='Redeema']Thanks for reminding me, turns out I had a $20 gift card, so I picked up two. Also, noticed a few of the Giants figures are down to $6-7 on Amazon, more common figures, but cheaper than retail.

On topic, I wonder what the chances are finding Ninjini tomorrow? No ToysRUs within 50 miles of here. Any other stores confirmed for getting these? Just Amazon and TRU?[/QUOTE]

TRU should be empty of Ninjini. Mine sold out by noon, luckily I went at 10am.

[quote name='Redeema']Thanks for reminding me, turns out I had a $20 gift card, so I picked up two. Also, noticed a few of the Giants figures are down to $6-7 on Amazon, more common figures, but cheaper than retail.

On topic, I wonder what the chances are finding Ninjini tomorrow? No ToysRUs within 50 miles of here. Any other stores confirmed for getting these? Just Amazon and TRU?[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart has its new Molten Hot Dog, so that may mean its slowly getting in the new wave. I called a few GameStops and they know they're out, but they haven't seen any yet.

Check all over if you want, but don't hold your breath... wait a week or two and it'll be in stock in a few places.

Edit: my Walmart had piles of Molten Hot Dogs... And that was about it. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
My backordered Ninjini shipped today :)

Delivery estimate of Monday

Although it shipped out through usps instead of UPS like every other thing Ive ordered through amazon. Maybe I'll get it Saturday :)

Congrats to all you who managed to get a Ninjini. I have a friend who has been itching for one. I can't believe this artificial drought Activision has created. What a shame. This whole thing is very reminiscent of the Beanie Baby craze!!!

[quote name='vince726']You can order Ninjini online at TRU.. but shipping is over $5.00... I just ordered one for my son...[/QUOTE]

DONE. :D

Picked up a Ninjini, also picked up another single with the B1G1 40% off. Ninjini + single + ships + tax = ~$30... in my mind worth the extra $5 to not have to call every Gamestop for the next month.

Too bad I can't use Shoprunner on anything useful at TRU.com.

[quote name='Kerig']This guy never says how much he paid for his ripoff Ninjini, but I'm sure it well into the hundnerds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5leKR0SKv8

How come his portal glows all around? Mine only glows on the top and bottom (mine is from Giants 360)[/QUOTE]

Does anyone else but me wanna choke this guy to death?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Decided to stop by TRU before work today. No Ninjini at 10:03 when I got there, just three employees bitching to themselves how that "stupid email was going to result in people asking all day if we have one specific Skylander we didn't even get any shipment of."[/QUOTE]
You have no idea how right they were, though. I work in electronics at TRU most weekday mornings. And I'd say about half my time is spent dealing with Skylanders.

Just ordered a ninjin from amazon I was wasting time at work searching Skylanders every where.
Then went to amazon ninjini was in stock threw him in Cart bought crusher as a filler for free shipping. Then I was kinda excited couldn't hit free super saving shipping was only 3 left.
Any one have a jade flashwing? Pm me

[quote name='gnargnargnar']The first round of giants starter packs from Wal-Mart (the sets with the glow in the dark Cynder) also came with "glow in the dark" portals made with a translucent housing like that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I didn't know what their vague reference of "glow in the dark Cynder and portal" meant on the box. (saw one at Sam's Club today, would've never guessed by their wording)

[quote name='Pig']Does anyone else but me wanna choke this guy to death?[/QUOTE]
I'd like to sneak into his room in his parents' basement and secretly open all of his packages while he's sleeping, then watch him have an epic breakdown when he wakes at noon the next day.

Exclusives are becoming a sham at times. At comicons, nothing is exclusive. If they dont' sell out of it, they bring it to the next comicon.

[quote name='Redeema']Hit up my local small town stores for a Ninjini, but had no luck. (No TRU within 50 miles) I did find a Jade Flashwing, I should've picked up both knowing they're exclusive. Maybe it'll be there tomorrow.

Edit: BTW saw this doing a search to try and find a list of exclusive figures: German Amazon has an exclusive Scarlet Ninjini for pre-order.[/QUOTE]

...wow. Do they ship to the US?

[quote name='RainFall']Exclusives are becoming a sham at times. At comicons, nothing is exclusive. If they dont' sell out of it, they bring it to the next comicon.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth. I'm seeing 2009 Comic-Con exclusive Guile toys at Toys R Us!

Picked up a Ninjini at Best Buy last night. They had a couple left and some of the whale guy and the eyeball head (too lazy to confirm names).

[quote name='spamfree2']Anyone looking for the Jade Flashwing. I just looked up on Target.com and they are showing in stock in store.[/QUOTE]

Wow didn't know that these existed. Guess going to pick one up from Target and the Molten Hot Dog from Walmart.

I'm also hearing reports that Toys R Us is starting to receive Legendary Chill, which is also a Lightcore character.

I'm pretty much done with buying any new Skylanders although my kids want more. I can't justify spending any more on these things unless I stumble upon some extremely cheap like the Swarm off of Amazon.

[quote name='AukeySeven']I just got ninjini at my local best buy.[/QUOTE]
ha - after occassionally refreshing the Amazon page 7 or 8 times a day last week to hopefully catch it in stock (which I did finally do on Saturday), I walk into Best Buy today and see the shelves filled with Ninjini's. Oh well, at least I saved on tax I guess

I grabbed a Jade Flashwing from Target this morning.

[quote name='spamfree2']I'm pretty much done with buying any new Skylanders although my kids want more. I can't justify spending any more on these things unless I stumble upon some extremely cheap like the Swarm off of Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I say that now, too. I just hope I can stick to it when Swap Force comes out.

[quote name='pummy84']I'm also hearing reports that Toys R Us is starting to receive Legendary Chill, which is also a Lightcore character.[/QUOTE]

My local TRU had three boxes plus another dozen on the shelf this past Friday.

[quote name='Marauder7']Does the jade flashwing look like a regular flashwing or jade flashwing in game?[/QUOTE]

Looks like Jade Flashwing. All the alt deco ones keep their color schemes in game.

So our amazon ninjini came yesterday. I couldn't do the thing where I was going to wake him up with it on the portal. It wouldn't turn on with any of my 120v USB plugs. Anyways the wife and I told him all day yesterday that we bought him new socks and undies and the package would be coming today(yesterday). Ups dropped it off and he kept saying he didn't want anymore socks and undies, he then told us to return it. I finally talked him into opening it and the boy flipped his shit! I've never seen him so happy. :)

Picked up a Legendary Chill at TRU, and a Jade Flashwing at Target (along with some clearance games I'm planning to profit off of). I saw 2 Ninjinis at Best Buy when I went to get Wreck-It Ralph.

Just stop by your local Target. Mine had plenty of them in stock. Same with Legendary Chill at my local TRU.

My city of 86,000 people lost toys r us like 10 years when it sucked now that they have deals again closest one is 96 miles I've want legendary Skylanders but to cheap

[quote name='Timenice']So is th jade flashwing like just getting to stores now?[/QUOTE]

Seems like they just got them in. I went in this morning, typed in the DCPI number into one of their price checkers (207-00-1147). It said still in stockroom, so the guy working in electronics was nice enough to go in the back and grab one for me.

[quote name='pummy84']Picked up a Legendary Chill at TRU, and a Jade Flashwing at Target (along with some clearance games I'm planning to profit off of). I saw 2 Ninjinis at Best Buy when I went to get Wreck-It Ralph.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea there was a Legendary Chill. My son needs Chill, so that would be a good one to get. He's been wanting some Legendary figures. He really wants Legendary Bouncer, but I never see them in the store. They have them on the website, but I hate to pay the shipping. I stopped by yesterday and they had the 3-pack (Jet-Vac, Slam Bam, & Ignitor), but I hated to spend $26 when he already has 2 of those in regular form. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for the Legendary Chill. It would be nice if they would get them in and a Ninjini while they're having the B1G1 40% off deal.

Can someone post the link to the inventory checker for the Jade Flashwing? Each time I try to look it up I'm getting invalid number.

I asked this in the Skylanders thread but I will ask it again here since this is a little more active. Does anybody know off-hand if the adventure packs from the first games got any kind of re-print? I saw some "Sunburn" and "Slam Bam" ones at my local Wal-Mart last night for $19.99 each. I didnt pull the trigger on these since we are done with the first game but I now regretting that I did. Hate the fact that they only come with one character and wasnt sure if the bonus/perk items crossed over to the second game.

[quote name='ajh2298']I asked this in the Skylanders thread but I will ask it again here since this is a little more active. Does anybody know off-hand if the adventure packs from the first games got any kind of re-print? I saw some "Sunburn" and "Slam Bam" ones at my local Wal-Mart last night for $19.99 each. I didnt pull the trigger on these since we are done with the first game but I now regretting that I did. Hate the fact that they only come with one character and wasnt sure if the bonus/perk items crossed over to the second game.[/QUOTE]

The items, levels and characters all still work in giants from the adventure packs. The levels actually show up in your chapter select listing though, but are fully playable. I saw a bunch of them at Best Buy when Series 1 Giants launched, but to be honest I haven't seen them in stores since then.

[quote name='DrummerX']The items, levels and characters all still work in giants from the adventure packs. The levels actually show up in your chapter select listing though, but are fully playable. I saw a bunch of them at Best Buy when Series 1 Giants launched, but to be honest I haven't seen them in stores since then.[/QUOTE]

So the items from the original game work in Giants? I'm not sure I've seen any around, lately, but right after Christmas, my son was looking to spend some of his Christmas money. Since he had just gotten Giants for Christmas, he was new to the Skylanders thing, and I had just heard about Slam Bam. I knew he would like him, and I ended up finding the adventure pack and the single figure at Target. I figured it would be better if he saved his money and just bought the single figure, but I didn't know what the items did or if they would work with Giants. He also keeps seeing things with the pirate ship online. I'm not sure if I could find it, but he wants it, but I wasn't sure if it would work or not. Although, I figure I might find a way to get him the original game sometime down the line, anyway, if I can find it cheap enough. I know I've seen it for $35 on Amazon (the full pack with portal and figures), but just not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger, yet, financially, especially since I'm picking up so many figures for him for his birthday.

bread's done
Back