Skylanders Giants Thumpback/ Eye Brawl Gamestop ONLINE NOW

I saw at least 4-5 of each of these at a local Target tonight. Plus they had a Hot Head. Even saw the mushroom guy in a single pack (only have seen him in triple pack thing).

[quote name='Chin35char']Can't find these guys ANYWHERE in Orlando. Seems TRU has Hot Head so I'm gonna go there tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I live in Millenia area, and I had been checking the Best Buy, Target, TRU, and 2 GameStops in this area for the past week. The GameStop by Target in this area had 2 of each today, and I picked up 1 Thumpback and 1 Eye Brawl, was disappointed they only had 2 of each, but I didn't want to prevent anyone else from getting them, I'm just a collector, not someone trying to make a profit off of these.

Anywho, I checked with TRU before I picked mine up at GameStop and they are doing an event Friday and will have them in stock (no clue as to how many), also confirmed with the Toys R Us by Florida Mall.

This event sounds cool... Any other details other than"we will have them in stock?" Event implies promos, sales, giveaways, something. I have only seen news of this in this post and am very curious...

[quote name='apterous']This event sounds cool... Any other details other than"we will have them in stock?" Event implies promos, sales, giveaways, something. I have only seen news of this in this post and am very curious...[/QUOTE]

Not with ToysRus:roll:.
For New York (at least), they're offering a nice $3.00 mark-up per Giant character, and a nice bitch slap if you don't like the price. I think there's a Buy 2 get 1 all week (don't quote me on that). But the markup ($12.49 for regulars and $18.xx per giant) nullifies most of the possible savings.

I've been searching most of the week to see if I could find them elsewhere (and avoid the ToysRus tax), but it has not worked out.

[quote name='dragonjud']Not with ToysRus:roll:.
For New York (at least), they're offering a nice $3.00 mark-up per Giant character, and a nice bitch slap if you don't like the price. I think there's a Buy 2 get 1 all week (don't quote me on that). But the markup ($12.49 for regulars and $18.xx per giant) nullifies most of the possible savings.

I've been searching most of the week to see if I could find them elsewhere (and avoid the ToysRus tax), but it has not worked out.[/QUOTE]

"Buy 2 Get the 3rd Free on all Skylanders single character figures. Excludes Giants figures, in-store only."

Meaning it's to clear out the series 1 figures to help make more room for series 2. They've had specials like this (B2G1, B1G1 50% off, B1G1 75% off) since before Christmas. If it would work in Giants, I would probably be picking up Eyebrawl, Thumpback, and get a Legendary Bouncer as my 3rd free one. I know, in my dreams.

[quote name='apterous']This event sounds cool... Any other details other than"we will have them in stock?" Event implies promos, sales, giveaways, something. I have only seen news of this in this post and am very curious...[/QUOTE]

No, that's why I put "Event" in quotes. I don't consider them getting in stock to be an Event.

Found the last Eye Brawl at Wal-Mart this morning. Nothing at Target or Gamestop. So hopefully I can get to TRU tomorrow, get Thump Back, and finish hunting these things down for a while.

Good to know they are out, I've been sick of waiting. I think my kid is getting Thumpback and Eye brawl and then he's done. He's got $40 in Target GC so that's that. Ninjini in June? No thank you.

[quote name='rjejr']Good to know they are out, I've been sick of waiting. I think my kid is getting Thumpback and Eye brawl and then he's done. He's got $40 in Target GC so that's that. Ninjini in June? No thank you.[/QUOTE]

Sucks that it's coming that late. When I saw the line-up, Ninjini was the only Giant I really wanted. I mean, both a Ninja and a Genie? WANT.

A giant bee? Meh.

Just found thumpback at my local GS! They also had the hotdog triple pack so I grabbed it as well. The boy is going to be in for a big surprise once he gets home from school.

[quote name='apterous']Sucks that it's coming that late. When I saw the line-up, Ninjini was the only Giant I really wanted. I mean, both a Ninja and a Genie? WANT.

A giant bee? Meh.[/QUOTE]

You are fairly unique in that assessment. Pink Ninja Barbie isn't going to go over that great with the target audience, pre-teen boys. I'm surprised they held her for last instead one of the two that just came out.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just found thumpback at my local GS! They also had the hotdog triple pack so I grabbed it as well. The boy is going to be in for a big surprise once he gets home from school.[/QUOTE]

Were you able to get a "mini" also?

[quote name='defpally']You are fairly unique in that assessment. Pink Ninja Barbie isn't going to go over that great with the target audience, pre-teen boys. I'm surprised they held her for last instead one of the two that just came out.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that. Little girls love this game too. Mine has been excitedly waiting for both Hot Dog and Ninjini since the characters were revealed. I know it's not an isolated incident.

[quote name='ajh2298']Were you able to get a "mini" also?[/QUOTE]
I totally forgot about those, is that deal still going on? I may try and go back if it is.

Edit- I just found my answer. It's good through 1/31, guess I need to call them up and run back. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit 2- the gs I bought them at were sold out of them but a different gs had two of them in stock. Got whisper elf and Gil runt

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']Did anyone get an e-mail about this Toys R U event tomorrow? I haven't received anything.[/QUOTE]

Got it a little bit ago. "HOT TOY ALERT! New Skylanders Giants Wave 3! Plus, MEGA Clearance!". Shows Thumpback and Eye Brawl. "Available when stores open Friday, January 25th". Also has some disclaimer information about how they can limit quantities purchased at the very bottom.

[quote name='defpally']Got it a little bit ago. "HOT TOY ALERT! New Skylanders Giants Wave 3! Plus, MEGA Clearance!". Shows Thumpback and Eye Brawl. "Available when stores open Friday, January 25th". Also has some disclaimer information about how they can limit quantities purchased at the very bottom.[/QUOTE]

http://www.picknews.com/newsletter/...-skylanders-giants-wave-3-plus-mega-clearance

Pic for anyone interested/ I had to look because I thought the Mega Clearance might be related to Skylanders... nope.

Thanks...got the e-mail tonight, too. Since I found Eye Brawl today, I just need Thump Back, so even if it's limited to 1 figure per person, I should be fine.

Sorry for such a dumb question, what other wave 3 guys should be available tomorrow at TRU along with Thumpback and Eye-Brawl?

[quote name='ajh2298']Sorry for such a dumb question, what other wave 3 guys should be available tomorrow at TRU along with Thumpback and Eye-Brawl?[/QUOTE]

I think its just the two giants, the hotdog triple pack and lightcore shroom boom

[quote name='Brother Daz']I think its just the two giants, the hotdog triple pack and lightcore shroom boom[/QUOTE]

Is there going to be any TRU exclusive this time around? I thought thet were due for a special Legendary Light-Core Chill character or something.

Well I have an extra Thumpback if someone still needs one after tomorrow. I sold both Eyebrawls I got. There will probably still be some of both at Target tomorrow. Their B2G150% was pretty nice.

Halfway success at TRU this morning. They got 6 of each figure. Limit one of each per person. I was 7th in line. Apparently someone in front of me only wanted Eyebrawl as there was one Thumpback left for me.

[quote name='skiizim']These are both available at GS.com right now.

EDIT: Use SAVER for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

The Add to Cart button is live, but I get this error when I try to add it :

"Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.
Currently Toys, SKYLANDERS GIANTS EYE BRAWL IO is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart."

Same for Thumpback

[quote name='skiizim']These are both available at GS.com right now.

EDIT: Use SAVER for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thumpback was gone but I got an Eyebrawl and the battle pack with Hotdog. Thanks.

Went to TRU at 11 this morning (opened at 10)....was told that people lined up at 8:30 and they were sold out within minutes. On the way back to work, I figured what the heck and I stopped off at Target. They had one Thumpback and one Eyebrawl left. My son also wanted Swarm and with Target's buy 2 get one for 50% off and my Target Debit card, the cost for all three figures was $38 out the door. My son will have a very happy 5th birthday in a couple of weeks. Not to mention a very happy Daddy for not having to search high and low for these figures.

Don't waste your time with ToysRus if you were not there at opening this morning. Most stores got a grand total of about 5-6 figures per store. Gotta love Activision for feeding the resellers with this last wave...that's just ridiculous.

My wife went to TRU this morning... total bust. Only 3 of each, and the employees were bragging that it was great to work there since they got "first pick." I'm assuming they skimmed off half the already-small shipment. They then suggested to the people there that were complaining that there were so few after advertising that they would be in stock, that if they wanted first pick that they should come work at TRU too. She managed to get a Hot Head and some others we were after that weren't really rare.

My wife had a TRU rewards coupon that was $10 off of $50 spent on skylanders and picked up different ones instead, and they were telling her that they wouldn't let her use it, and she had to insist twice before they would take it

Store manager is getting a call this afternoon.

If you have the "Lightcore" version of a Character is there any reason gameplay wise to hold on the regular version of the same guy?

[quote name='ajh2298']If you have the "Lightcore" version of a Character is there any reason gameplay wise to hold on the regular version of the same guy?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, the 'lightcores' are just reposed Series 1 characters with a light feature. For whatever reason they lack the ability to obtain the last upgrade available to all Series 2 characters. They look nicer, but they're the inferior figure within the game.

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, the 'lightcores' are just reposed Series 1 characters with a light feature. For whatever reason they lack the ability to obtain the last upgrade available to all Series 2 characters. They look nicer, but they're the inferior figure within the game.[/QUOTE]

I also think they have the old level cap for 10 rather than 15 like the series 2 figures - I could be wrong though. My Lightcore Drobot is at level 9 I think. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, the 'lightcores' are just reposed Series 1 characters with a light feature. For whatever reason they lack the ability to obtain the last upgrade available to all Series 2 characters. They look nicer, but they're the inferior figure within the game.[/QUOTE]

Don't they have different starting attacks vs the non-lightcore figures?

TRU opened at 9 and arrived at 9:05 approx. They had 6 of each and I think I had option to purchase multiples. I did not do that so other parents would have happy kids. I was told they received 17 figures. TRU Polaris, Lewis Center/Columbus OH.

[quote name='skiizim']Don't they have different starting attacks vs the non-lightcore figures?[/QUOTE]

I think you're confusing them with the store specific limited editions. For example, the 'light in the dark' Walmart characters come pre-leveled up to level 5, and are true Series 2 characters. These lightcores are different from those.

[quote name='apterous']I also think they have the old level cap for 10 rather than 15 like the series 2 figures - I could be wrong though. My Lightcore Drobot is at level 9 I think. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

All skylanders go to 15 in giants. Lightcore reposes like Drobot dont have the benefits of series 2, but lightcore of new skylanders like Shroomboom would be the same except with the added benefit of the lightcore bomb.

[quote name='apterous']I also think they have the old level cap for 10 rather than 15 like the series 2 figures - I could be wrong though. My Lightcore Drobot is at level 9 I think. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that the level cap is 15 for all charectors in Giants. My Trigger Happy is at 12.

[quote name='apterous']My wife went to TRU this morning... total bust. Only 3 of each, and the employees were bragging that it was great to work there since they got "first pick." I'm assuming they skimmed off half the already-small shipment. They then suggested to the people there that were complaining that there were so few after advertising that they would be in stock, that if they wanted first pick that they should come work at TRU too. She managed to get a Hot Head and some others we were after that weren't really rare.

My wife had a TRU rewards coupon that was $10 off of $50 spent on skylanders and picked up different ones instead, and they were telling her that they wouldn't let her use it, and she had to insist twice before they would take it

Store manager is getting a call this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're giving the store's manager a call. You got some terrible customer service.

Just an FYI, I actually work at TRU as the "price sign team member", and we got: 4 Thumpbacks & Eyebrawls, as well as two Hot Heads and Crushers...

And then our service person took one Eyebrawl and one Thumpback. I was pissed. I've been called for the last MONTH about these figures, sometimes daily by the same people. And then our service person takes something from our already INSANELY low stock. I tried to tell our manager we should limit it to one figure per person, even employees. He didn't even listen to my warnings, so we ran out within thirty minutes even though there was only two cars at our store. I then said we needed to hand out tickets so we could at least limit the new ones some. No dice from the manager again.

TL;DR: Some of the jerk employees at TRU are trying to look out for your Skylander best interests, but managers are asshats.

^---It really varies by store, the store I frequent on Canyon Springs in Riverside has been great, every time I've had a valid issue the managers have always been there to try and resolve the problem.

[quote name='gunstar808']All skylanders go to 15 in giants. Lightcore reposes like Drobot dont have the benefits of series 2, but lightcore of new skylanders like Shroomboom would be the same except with the added benefit of the lightcore bomb.[/QUOTE]

This guy knows whats up. Almost everything else said on this page about the difference in figures is straight up wrong. Level 10-11 is a big one, so it can be hard to see you're making progress on the exp bar at first.

One other random thing that doesn't seem to be advertised-my lightcore prism break works on Spyros Adventure. Haven't tried any others yet but the fig specifically says it does not work on the packaging.

[quote name='Flowstance']This guy knows whats up. Almost everything else said on this page about the difference in figures is straight up wrong. Level 10-11 is a big one, so it can be hard to see you're making progress on the exp bar at first.

One other random thing that doesn't seem to be advertised-my lightcore prism break works on Spyros Adventure. Haven't tried any others yet but the fig specifically says it does not work on the packaging.[/QUOTE]

All reposes work in the old game. So, all Series 2 that originally had a series 1 work in the original. They still will max out only at 10 in the original.

[quote name='dragonjud']All reposes work in the old game. So, all Series 2 that originally had a series 1 work in the original. They still will max out only at 10 in the original.[/QUOTE]

I knew the S2 reposes did(as they say so on the package), I was just mentioning that Lightcores of the original game seem to work to, despite it saying right on the package that they don't.

Might be useful for anyone that hasn't dug into either game yet.

Went to the BB in Fort Lauderdale and the had 4-5 of each new Giant. I picked up a humpback and eye brawl and left the rest for another hopefull parent.

bread's done
Back