Skylanders Individual Figures $4.99 or less at Amazon FSSS/Prime

Yuckmouth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Title says it all, saves you about $3 per fig in the stores. Eruptor is $4.60 for some reason.

Link

Also has the high seas adventure pack for $12.48

Crazy good deals yo.

Looks like it's just the figures you can get in the 3 packs but buying them individually will save you $5. Good for people like me that don't have a TRU near them for the B2G1 deal and with no tax and free shipping it beats TRU online.

UPDATE: ***************DEAD**************

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the few figures I want aren't the ones on sale. Is it just me, or is Stealth Elf just dead sexy?

I love when people complain about content and dlc being on the disc but then the devs charge you for it. Is this not the same? All you are really doing is paying to unlock more characters. You know what though? People will be "smart enough" to buy these regardless.

[quote name='UnrealZero']I love when people complain about content and dlc being on the disc but then the devs charge you for it. Is this not the same? All you are really doing is paying to unlock more characters. You know what though? People will be "smart enough" to buy these regardless.[/QUOTE]

Lmao this is So true ! You are paying 8 $ (5 with this deal) for each character. When capcom did it people hated it (and rightfully so) so why are people excepting this ?

Poopsticks! I waited too long, and now all the figures are back to $7.99 or more. The pack is still on sale though, so I did get that.

Yeah, wish I'd seen this earlier. I don't own the game, but there are a couple of these figures I'd have liked to put on my desk and 4.99 is a great price for deco.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, wish I'd seen this earlier. I don't own the game, but there are a couple of these figures I'd have liked to put on my desk and 4.99 is a great price for deco.[/QUOTE]

No~

[quote name='UnrealZero']I love when people complain about content and dlc being on the disc but then the devs charge you for it. Is this not the same? All you are really doing is paying to unlock more characters. You know what though? People will be "smart enough" to buy these regardless.[/QUOTE]

No, you are paying for a toy, and that toy does some extra stuff with the game. It unlocks a character AND it stores your save data and works cross platform. It's like a very specialized memory card, not just an unlock code. Take your figure that you used on your XBox360 over to your friend's Wii and it has all of your levels and items that you can use and progress in their game.

Capcom's on disk DLC content packs don't give your kids an action figure to play with that also stores data.

And Stealth Elf is a very nice figure. Had to buy that one for the wife to play with the kids. Prism Break and Boomer are my favorites. The Murloc-like guy that comes with the game is pretty cool too.

I think it has more to do with the people who bought Skylanders knowing what they were getting into ahead of time, which does not seem to be the case for most disc based dlc.

[quote name='Trez123']I think it has more to do with the people who bought Skylanders knowing what they were getting into ahead of time, which does not seem to be the case for most disc based dlc.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great point. I knew going into it that it would be collectible and that is actually what appealed to me about it. Well that and it's something my kids can play co-op. They are bananas for it and I like it as well. The leveling up and the stats/power ups are just great. It's got depth, not too little and not too much.

how's the game play for this game like ? seems like a great game for kids to play and you can take it anywhere easily as long as there is a console where you are going too. Perfect sleep over game for the kiddies :)

Remember Toys R Us has the B2G1 going on. If you dont have a TrU near you it kills it with their shipping but if you do you can get 3 individual figures for $16 + tax or 3 of the 3 packs for $40 + tax in store.

I also saw an ad that if you're a Rewards R Us member and spend $100 or more on Skylanders from now through 12/24, you get a free figure. I dont know how it works exactly supposedly they'll email a coupon probably after Xmas for it.

And yes for whoever said something about stealth elf, I want that one badly. Sonic Boom is awesome too. Others I really like but cant seem to find anywhere. I'm not even sure if theyre available yet. Try finding Ignitor or Hex anywhere. Wow I'm a loser :)

Edit: Also TrU has the exclusive "Legendary" version 3 pack of Spyro, Bash, and Chop Chop. They're all a dark blue color and their stats are just slightly better.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I feel so out of the loop because I have no idea what this is....lol.[/QUOTE]

Neither did I before a couple weeks ago. It's the new Pokemon type game for the kids, except you buy action figures that store your data and can be taken to other systems/friends houses. It's a pseudo RPG in that you level up and can get a few items for your character, the game is sort of like the newer Gauntlet games. Story written by the Toy Story guys, music by Hans Zimmer, so pretty high production values. Figures look cool too.

The game is aimed at kids or playing with kids. If you are adult without kids or aren't into action figure collection then it is probably best to move along.

Lots of haters because the game is made by Activision, some feel that since the models for the characters are on the disk it should be free, and a good bit of them think all video games should gear for their interests/age group and shouldn't be bought if it isn't (alot of the same people that were outraged when Double Fine announced their newest game was a Kinect Sesame Street game).

I can't tell if this is a game for me (and my slowly-developing 3-year-old video game partner/son). I keep reading about it and flip-flopping on picking it up. 70 bucks is a tad high for such feelings on a game.

yeah, I'm snatching up the characters from TRU on the B2G1 sale, then waiting for the inevitable price drop/sale around Black Friday or so.

[quote name='Frankski']I can't tell if this is a game for me (and my slowly-developing 3-year-old video game partner/son). I keep reading about it and flip-flopping on picking it up. 70 bucks is a tad high for such feelings on a game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's recommended for ages 6+ but I'm sure a 3 year old would have fun just playing with the figures if nothing else. I haven't opened mine yet so not sure how sturdy/rugged the figures are. I'll probably let my 2 year old play with the figures and try the game though he wont understand whats happening I'm sure and will quickly lose interest in the game itself.

[quote name='defpally']Neither did I before a couple weeks ago. It's the new Pokemon type game for the kids, except you buy action figures that store your data and can be taken to other systems/friends houses. It's a pseudo RPG in that you level up and can get a few items for your character, the game is sort of like the newer Gauntlet games. Story written by the Toy Story guys, music by Hans Zimmer, so pretty high production values. Figures look cool too.

The game is aimed at kids or playing with kids. If you are adult without kids or aren't into action figure collection then it is probably best to move along.

Lots of haters because the game is made by Activision, some feel that since the models for the characters are on the disk it should be free, and a good bit of them think all video games should gear for their interests/age group and shouldn't be bought if it isn't (alot of the same people that were outraged when Double Fine announced their newest game was a Kinect Sesame Street game).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Passing lol. No way will I ever touch this after 11-11-11 anyways.

[quote name='smarkbran']Totally pissed I mised this! Anyone know if the 3 packs or adventure packs can be included in the TRU B2G1 Free?[/QUOTE]

Why yes they can good sir as the sale includes game acessories :)

[quote name='ShockandAww'] Try finding Ignitor or Hex anywhere. Wow I'm a loser :)

Edit: Also TrU has the exclusive "Legendary" version 3 pack of Spyro, Bash, and Chop Chop. They're all a dark blue color and their stats are just slightly better.[/QUOTE]

As of now, the only way to get Ignitor (who looks BAD ASS) is to buy the 3DS starter. The rest of the figures are coming later. Funny you say Hex... we want that one too.

[quote name='strait edge follower']how's the game play for this game like ? seems like a great game for kids to play and you can take it anywhere easily as long as there is a console where you are going too. Perfect sleep over game for the kiddies :)[/QUOTE]

Gameplay is easy. If one of your Skylanders takes too much damage (dies) the game says "this skylander needs to rest" and it prompts you to put a new one on the portal or you can restart the level and your Skylander is healed. When you finish the level and go back to your "base" (think Lego Star Wars) then that Skylander is available again.

Keep in mind though that the figures are the portable part... each console requires it's own disc and I'm not sure if one portal works on every system. The WII and PS3 portals are wireless, the Xbox one is USB. PC is also USB but probably a different kind.

You gain money in the game you use to buy upgrades and new abilities for your characters. So for example Drobot starts with shooting one gear, then you can eventually up it to shooting 3 gears that ricochet and explode. You can also unlock new moves for characters by finding hidden items in the game.

My kids have put about 2 hours a day since Sunday into it (we let them binge on this one since they have been waiting for it, they usually only get a half hour a day) and so far the game progress says "10% complete". They also have missed tons of secret areas and upgrades in every level.

I like the collectible part. At $5-$8 per figure it gives the kids something to look forward to spending their allowance money on. You don't NEED to buy the additional characters just like you don't NEED to buy DLC. IMO it's better than my kids spending $4 on a pack of Pokemon cards only to be disappointed in their pulls. Besides... I don't see people bitching that if you buy a Star Wars playset that "OMG you need to buy MORE FIGURES! The Hoth base doesn't come with all the figures?! WTF!! Cash grab!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jeffrey_dahmer']Anyone actually buying this Spyro shit is a dumb ass gamer, not a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]
Nah, just richer than you. Don't hate.

[quote name='Snap']Nah, just richer than you. Don't hate.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend any man-children with Aspergers Syndrome who are obsessed with collecting toys well into adulthood.

[quote name='jeffrey_dahmer']Sorry, I didn't mean to offend any man-children with Aspergers Syndrome who are obsessed with collecting toys well into adulthood.[/QUOTE]

U seem pretty passionate about your hatred for these toys? Did somebody not get hugged as a child?

[quote name='jeffrey_dahmer']Anyone actually buying this Spyro shit is a dumb ass gamer, not a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]
Coming from someone who thinks it's cute to use Jeffrey Dahmer as their avatar to represent themselves. You're sick and need help. fuck off you lousy troll.

[quote name='shockandaww']coming from someone who thinks it's cute to use jeffrey dahmer as their avatar to represent themselves. You're sick and need help. fuck off you lousy troll.[/quote]
+1

[quote name='jeffrey_dahmer']Sorry, I didn't mean to offend any man-children with Aspergers Syndrome who are obsessed with collecting toys well into adulthood.[/QUOTE]

But you did mean to offend people that have children that are the target age and think it is a good product that they will enjoy and can enjoy with them? Way to paint people with a wide brush. I've got news for you, but not all games are made for you. It's okay that not every game that comes out is a hardcore shooter where you can blow people's heads off, saw them in half or teabag them while you taunt them for their n00b skillz in aiming a virtual gun or other such "adult" things.

I'm not a dumb ass gamer because I remember looking forward to getting a new action figure or video game when I was young and now can share that excitement with my son in a unique experience that combines two of my favorite things when I was his age. If you cannot think outside of your own space then it is pretty sad, and to be honest collecting figues or other doodads as an adult isn't a character flaw - being a judgmental jerk is one. I don't enjoy or buy the Madden games or Call of Duty, but I certainly don't think people are dumb ass gamers for liking them. They are very good games, but just aren't for me.

To the guy that was asking, the Toys'R'Us buy 2 get 1 does work as they are considered video game accessories and depending on how much you buy they also have another deal to get a free figure - so you can stock up for later or if you are a collector. I ended up with at least one of each element and plan on making them stocking stuffers/rewards for chores/etc.

[quote name='defpally']But you did mean to offend people that have children that are the target age and think it is a good product that they will enjoy and can enjoy with them? Way to paint people with a wide brush. I've got news for you, but not all games are made for you. It's okay that not every game that comes out is a hardcore shooter where you can blow people's heads off, saw them in half or teabag them while you taunt them for their n00b skillz in aiming a virtual gun or other such "adult" things.

I'm not a dumb ass gamer because I remember looking forward to getting a new action figure or video game when I was young and now can share that excitement with my son in a unique experience that combines two of my favorite things when I was his age. If you cannot think outside of your own space then it is pretty sad, and to be honest collecting figues or other doodads as an adult isn't a character flaw - being a judgmental jerk is one. I don't enjoy or buy the Madden games or Call of Duty, but I certainly don't think people are dumb ass gamers for liking them. They are very good games, but just aren't for me.

To the guy that was asking, the Toys'R'Us buy 2 get 1 does work as they are considered video game accessories and depending on how much you buy they also have another deal to get a free figure - so you can stock up for later or if you are a collector. I ended up with at least one of each element and plan on making them stocking stuffers/rewards for chores/etc.[/QUOTE]

Nice rebuttal.

I guess being made fun of for buying toys aimed at 8 year olds just brings out the defensiveness in 20-something manchildren who never grew out of their obsession with collecting colorful plastic trinkets.

[quote name='strait edge follower']@defpally love the stocking stiffer idea :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, doing that with some of mine as well. Apparently there will be even more toys released before Christmas... oy!

[quote name='defpally']No, you are paying for a toy, and that toy does some extra stuff with the game. It unlocks a character AND it stores your save data and works cross platform. It's like a very specialized memory card, not just an unlock code. Take your figure that you used on your XBox360 over to your friend's Wii and it has all of your levels and items that you can use and progress in their game.

Capcom's on disk DLC content packs don't give your kids an action figure to play with that also stores data.

And Stealth Elf is a very nice figure. Had to buy that one for the wife to play with the kids. Prism Break and Boomer are my favorites. The Murloc-like guy that comes with the game is pretty cool too.[/QUOTE]

I know its all that. It still doesn't justify be 5-10$ for a character in the game. What will be worse is when they sell out and the price sky rockets. You know whats cheaper? This crazy thing they call memory cards or flash drives that can be used for everything besides this one game. Oh cloud saving exists too so my point stands as this being wasteful. I am sure it will sell plenty because its marketed to kids. There's gonna be some ish hitting the fan when kids start bringing there "memory cards" to school. Just another fad.

I dont understand how anyone can be okay with these prices. 20$ for an adventure pack? How long or how much does that add to the game for 20$. Cod maps are 15$ and people complain constantly but some how this is okay. 32 different characters thats way over 200$. Sure you wont buy all of them but still come on people.

[quote name='UnrealZero']I dont understand how anyone can be okay with these prices. 20$ for an adventure pack? How long or how much does that add to the game for 20$. Cod maps are 15$ and people complain constantly but some how this is okay. 32 different characters thats way over 200$. Sure you wont buy all of them but still come on people.[/QUOTE]
That's the great thing about choice. I CHOOSE YOU STEALTH ELF!

someday will pick this up when i get lucky and run into at a garage festival or thrift store or my local pawn store. game does look like a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back