Skylanders Legendary 3-Pack Event @ TRU April 18th

neudog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
281 (100%)
This Wednesday (April 18th) at most or all Toys R' Us locations there will be an event for Skylanders Legendary 3-Pack. I'm in Clarksville, TN. and my buddy Spectreon is in Tyler, TX. and can confirm this for these locations. It is one 3-pack per customer and I'm not sure if Blue Bash and Sunburn Adventure Pack will be available too. The manager at my store said they will be getting 41 of the Legendary 3-packs and handing out numbers for amount on hand; can/will vary by store. Emails were sent out to some Rewards members and if I come across the email I will post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post, but can you explain anything about this? Is it a giveaway? Launch party? Simply that they will have some much sought-after figures? "Event" is vague.

From the info I got from manager and Spectreon the "Event" is just because the Legendary 3-Packs will be available in stores again. Have no clue why it is labeled an event because pretty sure there isn't going to be balloons, streamers, beverages or even coupons handed out. As of right now it is just a day that stores will be stocking limited supplies of the 3-packs. Also for those who have bought items in past days/weeks some stores had coupons print out along with receipt. I bought a Legendary Trigger Happy in Knoxville a couple weeks ago and got 5 coupons. Two were for $5 off $25 purchase and had specific validation dates. So now I will get Legendary for the MSRP it should have been. Like I said if I get hands on email I will post, but it always helps to call your specific store. Usually calling stores hurts CAGers, but since these are limited to 1 a customer and numbers being issued calling shouldn't matter.

Thanks for this info. I still need the Sunburn pack but at this point in the year with me playing games that take a lot of dedicated hours (Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade, and soon to be Witcher 2), theres no way I can keep justifying buying these toys. I've already beaten the game and got all the achievements. :whistle2:x

As neudog mentioned it is simply the re-release of the legendary triple pack (Spyro/Chop Chop Bash). These have been oos since the Legendary Trigger Happy was released (3/1/12). Chance other TRU exclusive figures may be available but event is solely for legendary triple pack which is also a TRU exclusive to the best of my knowledge.

[quote name='confoosious']if they are anything like the legendary trigger happys, there will be a ton of them in stores.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet anyone who paid over retail for that one is kicking themselves right now, lol.

I appreciate the info. My little brother will definitely be there. I believe it's the only set he still needs.

On a side note, neudog, you're in Clarksville huh? Small world :)

[quote name='thegame85']Seriously. I saw at least a dozen boxes of legendary trigger happy stacked above the skylander shelf.[/QUOTE]

Did they really think they were going to sell all of them? On a somewhat-related note, it still irritates me how they went about releasing these last 2 waves. The shelves are now jammed with older, common figures that everyone has and nobody is obviously buying much anymore (yes I know there are a few who jumped in late), yet the zook/lightning rod/ignitor group and these super new ones get a handful in at a time.

Seriously, wtf? Activision or TRU or whomever had to have known that the demand was going to be heavily focused on the new figures, yet they flood the market with old crap that's already easy to find at retail prices.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Did they really think they were going to sell all of them? On a somewhat-related note, it still irritates me how they went about releasing these last 2 waves. The shelves are now jammed with older, common figures that everyone has and nobody is obviously buying much anymore (yes I know there are a few who jumped in late), yet the zook/lightning rod/ignitor group and these super new ones get a handful in at a time.

Seriously, wtf? Activision or TRU or whomever had to have known that the demand was going to be heavily focused on the new figures, yet they flood the market with old crap that's already easy to find at retail prices.[/QUOTE]

or maybe it's not a big conspiracy and they just couldn't make enough of the newer ones. relax.

It'd be great if Blue Bash was for sale again. The one I was shipped from TRU.com came in a demolished package due to TRU's horribly stupid shipping. :(

I have similar thoughts as JaylisJayP, but mine go in the direction of why doesn't TRU flood shelves with their exclusives. Past few weeks they've had promos on Skylanders the most recent being 25% off promo, but have had a few "BOGO" promos too. They already marked-up triple/adventure packs $5 of MSRP, which deters some people. From a business standpoint you would think they would flood market before they lost certain exclusivity like Dragon's Peak. If I find Dragon's Peak in next two weeks at TRU I have a coupon for $5 off, but when May comes I'll look for it at retailers charging less than $20; BB, Walmart, Target and K-Mart.

Thanks for the heads up
olkjnjuik
OP.

No way I'm going to stand in line for these. I'm picturing some person pulling up and saying "Hey, what are you guys in line for?" We're here to try and get some skylanders action figures! LMAO

Maybe it's just the adult in me. But yeah, ain't gonna happen :p

[quote name='krashhole']No way I'm going to stand in line for these. I'm picturing some person pulling up and saying "Hey, what are you guys in line for?" We're here to try and get some skylanders action figures! LMAO

Maybe it's just the adult in me. But yeah, ain't gonna happen :p[/QUOTE]
I guess it just depends on what you have to do and how bad you want em. An arbitrary wednesday its kinda wierd, however when Dragon's Peak was out we had over 30 at my TRU in Murfreesboro,TN.

I ordered one online when they were back in stock this weekend so no standing in line for me :) I suppose there is a good chance that they will have other chracters available too. I did see 4 of the Lighning Rod/Cynder/Zook Triple Packs at the Frisco, TX location today. And before I went there I stopped at the Target across the street for lunch and saw 2 more of those triple packs. They also had a Single Pack Voodood so I picked it up. Maybe this is a sign that the harder to find characters will become more available soon...or not.

^^^This is what I am hearing in different places. Sad part is, people paying these scalpers $50+ for a $8 toy is sickening. Because of that, many will be hard to get until the initial rush is over.

[quote name='krashhole']^^^This is what I am hearing in different places. Sad part is, people paying these scalpers $50+ for a $8 toy is sickening. Because of that, many will be hard to get until the initial rush is over.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, I think we've all heard something different from all the different retailers. I also stopped by GameStop next door to that Target and the employee told me that Warnado, Camo and Wham-Shell would all be TRU exclusives for the first 60 days whereas another GameStop employee at another location told me that they would be receiving those characters last week. This may be part of the genius of Activision, just leave everyone in the dark about release dates that way we have to visit all the retailers for their products.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']The problem is, I think we've all heard something different from all the different retailers. I also stopped by GameStop next door to that Target and the employee told me that Warnado, Camo and Wham-Shell would all be TRU exclusives for the first 60 days whereas another GameStop employee at another location told me that they would be receiving those characters last week. This may be part of the genius of Activision, just leave everyone in the dark about release dates that way we have to visit all the retailers for their products.[/QUOTE]Most of the people in Gamestop don't know their head from their asses. I learned a long time ago not to rely on what they have to say.

I already picked up 2 of these packs from their website... One for the boy to open (since it would be a pita to keep them closed and try to use them one @ a time) and another to keep sealed incase this becomes a long lost fad that is worth $$$ down the road.

-------
Looking for:
PS3 disc for skylanders, Robin DLC code for B:AC PS3

Have tons of: Catwoman PS3 DLC codes, Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I also stopped by GameStop next door to that Target and the employee told me that Warnado, Camo and Wham-Shell would all be TRU exclusives for the first 60 days[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that this, w/r/t Warnado and Camo, isn't true... I got mine at a Walmart. :D

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Did they really think they were going to sell all of them? On a somewhat-related note, it still irritates me how they went about releasing these last 2 waves. The shelves are now jammed with older, common figures that everyone has and nobody is obviously buying much anymore (yes I know there are a few who jumped in late), yet the zook/lightning rod/ignitor group and these super new ones get a handful in at a time.

Seriously, wtf? Activision or TRU or whomever had to have known that the demand was going to be heavily focused on the new figures, yet they flood the market with old crap that's already easy to find at retail prices.[/QUOTE]

There were two Zooks and a Lighting Rod at Target yesterday for $8.99. Was feeling good about snagging the triple pack for $22+shipping on ebay, now not so good. I don't get the point of having Dragon's Peak exclusively if you're not going to stock enough of them.

[quote name='vcplant']There were two Zooks and a Lighting Rod at Target yesterday for $8.99. Was feeling good about snagging the triple pack for $22+shipping on ebay, now not so good. I don't get the point of having Dragon's Peak exclusively if you're not going to stock enough of them.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Dragon's Peak at Target and Toys R Us.. it can't be an exclusive.. same with the ice one.

Someone really needs to start an Official Skylanders thread. There is so much info that its hard to tell what is BS and what is fact.

[quote name='georox']I've seen Dragon's Peak at Target and Toys R Us.. it can't be an exclusive.. same with the ice one.[/QUOTE]

You saw Dragon's Peak at Target? Someone must have reverse stole it.

I heard from the Gamestop people (which I know isn't reliable) that Camo and Warnado have a street date of 4-18 and that TRU is going to have them (she has a friend that works over there) and that GameStop will be getting them in too. Anything that anyone bought before that date was due to employees stocking them early. My TRU has no idea when they're getting them in.

Has anyone heard anything like that? I don't want to go tomorrow to wait in line for the legendary, however, if they do have Camo and Warnado, I would go. My son really wants Camo and I've called and looked at every Walmart, Target, TRU, and Gamestop in a 30 minute radius. They all say that they've NEVER had them. Except one manager at Gamestop told me that she sold out of Wham-Shell earlier in the week.

[quote name='Skiry']I heard from the Gamestop people (which I know isn't reliable) that Camo and Warnado have a street date of 4-18 and that TRU is going to have them (she has a friend that works over there) and that GameStop will be getting them in too. Anything that anyone bought before that date was due to employees stocking them early. My TRU has no idea when they're getting them in.

Has anyone heard anything like that? I don't want to go tomorrow to wait in line for the legendary, however, if they do have Camo and Warnado, I would go. My son really wants Camo and I've called and looked at every Walmart, Target, TRU, and Gamestop in a 30 minute radius. They all say that they've NEVER had them. Except one manager at Gamestop told me that she sold out of Wham-Shell earlier in the week.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Gamestop website sold and shipped them close to two weeks ago, I got a Camo and a Warnado that arrived last week, so I can confirm that. It would be unusual to have two different street dates for online and store unless they have some event planned. It's not even a pre-ship prior to the date to make sure it arrives on time. So the street date thing is almost certainly bad information, or maybe some area manager is trying to steal Toys'R'Us' thunder.

Now on the other hand, it is very possible TRU will have them when they open tomorrow. Last event they had held figures for about two weeks prior (including Zook and Lightning Rod) so they would have a full stock of them on their event day. That would make sense that they did that, to increase the appeal of their special event (given that the Legendary 3 pack has been in store many times). You may walk away with nothing, but I personally don't think it is a bad bet, given you can spare the time to stand in line a while.

TRU's exclusivity must be over because I just picked up a Dragon's Peak at Best Buy in Frisco, TX so everyone be on the lookout. Also found a Zook at a nearby Target.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']TRU's exclusivity must be over because I just picked up a Dragon's Peak at Best Buy in Frisco, TX so everyone be on the lookout. Also found a Zook at a nearby Target.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']This is one of the few games that made so many CAGs excited to pay full price. Spawn of the devil it is.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone actually pay full price for the game? lol. I bought mine with Gamestop credit when it was onsale for $50. The figures, now that's another story...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Did anyone actually pay full price for the game? lol. I bought mine with Gamestop credit when it was onsale for $50. The figures, now that's another story...[/QUOTE]

Got mine when they were half off at TRU. Been paying retail for the figures though.

[quote name='Robert Conley']Got mine when they were half off at TRU. Been paying retail for the figures though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. More fun than I thought it'd be. I only "need" the legendary 3 pack and the 3 new guys

[quote name='Robert Conley']Got mine when they were half off at TRU. Been paying retail for the figures though.[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd have that half off again. I'd buy the 3DS set, sell off the game/portal and stealth elf hopefully for $15 total and get the two I want for $10 each.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I wish they'd have that half off again. I'd buy the 3DS set, sell off the game/portal and stealth elf hopefully for $15 total and get the two I want for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

That'd be nice. I'm having a hell of a time getting Ignitor. At least Dark Spyro is cheap third party though.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I wish they'd have that half off again. I'd buy the 3DS set, sell off the game/portal and stealth elf hopefully for $15 total and get the two I want for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

Best buy has them on sale sometimes. It is 49.99 right now. I have all of them except the 3 new ones but don't know if I want to keep them. It got pretty expensive.

[quote name='Robert Conley']That'd be nice. I'm having a hell of a time getting Ignitor. At least Dark Spyro is cheap third party though.[/QUOTE]

I don't even really care about Dark Spyro even though I don't have him at the moment, but I hear you on Ignitor. I can't find him anywhere. Loose ebay auctions have seemed to increase lately also. They were around $14-$15 dlvd for him and now they're up around $17-$18. Still waiting it out though...I passed on a chance to buy him at a toy show in Chicago last weekend, wasn't spending $20.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I don't even really care about Dark Spyro even though I don't have him at the moment, but I hear you on Ignitor. I can't find him anywhere. Loose ebay auctions have seemed to increase lately also. They were around $14-$15 dlvd for him and now they're up around $17-$18. Still waiting it out though...I passed on a chance to buy him at a toy show in Chicago last weekend, wasn't spending $20.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have gone for that either. I almost got one off Walmart's website last week but by the time I finished entering all of my info they told me it was out of stock. I was pissed to say the least.

My local walmart has aleast 2-3 ignitor single packs in the back, along with a few other semi hard to find ones, I'd be willing to grab em for you guys at cost, if you want

Anyone here got the UNCHARTED 3: Season Pass (Fortune Hunter's Club) for $25 back then?

If so... you're supposed to get 4 Map Packs and 3 Skin Packs.

Which of the 4 Map Packs and 3 Skin Packs were you able to get free with the pass?

Reason I'm asking is PSN+ Subscribers can get the UNCHARTED 3: Maps & Modes DLC Bundle on sale for only $20.99 which comes with all the currently released maps and modes (just missing the skins, but you get the $5.99 Co-op mode too - not sure if the Season Pass has that mode free). Is this a much better deal then?

Seems like it should be close to time to find Sunburn in all retailers, it was only a 30 day exclusive.

If Camo, Warnado and Wham Shell are out ( they are appearing for high mark ups on eBay currently but haven't seen them in stores and don't think the release date on them has passed yet) that would explain loose ignitors showing in more abundance. He is in a triple pack w Camo and Warnado.

Also there is a clear wham shell, don't know how rare or if it's exclusive...

Happy hunting Tomorrow guys. Hoping others appear as well...

^^ Nice, thanks! Preordered! Now if they would just do the same with Ignitor, I'd be done (well, till Giants anyway ;)).

I know Ignitor was in stock briefly yesterday but it went OOS fast. I'd rather they just did it this way and shipped when they got more.

[quote name='kangchousa']It seems that you can actually pre-order Camo, Warnado, and Wham Shell with Amazon now, but no delivery dates available yet:

* Camo:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RRMIVI/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

* Warnado:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RMU47S/ref=oh_o00_s02_i00_details

* Wham-Shell:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007V9NHLW/ref=oh_o00_s01_i00_details[/QUOTE]

Thank you, now I can quit feeling like I should stop by every store on my way home from work each day looking for them. I will see if they turn up before these ship and cancel this order, or I'll let these ship which either way seems like a win win.

[quote name='io']^^ Nice, thanks! Preordered! Now if they would just do the same with Ignitor, I'd be done (well, till Giants anyway ;)).

I know Ignitor was in stock briefly yesterday but it went OOS fast. I'd rather they just did it this way and shipped when they got more.[/QUOTE]

When I stopped by Walmart yesterday they were flooded with Zook, Lightning Rod, and Ignitor singles. I know that is not necessarily going to be the case everywhere, but it seems like the next singles shipments going out in mass are those.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']

When I stopped by Walmart yesterday they were flooded with Zook, Lightning Rod, and Ignitor singles. I know that is not necessarily going to be the case everywhere, but it seems like the next singles shipments going out in mass are those.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really just want Amazon to get it since I have credit there. I am really not out at any stores much these days in order to stumble upon them. I went to Target on Saturday and they had about 6 Skylanders total: 3 Chop Chop and 3 Hex I think.

Heh - I almost forgot I need to cancel the stupid Gamestop order I put in for Camo/Warnado that they screwed up and didn't ship in time (before they ran out of stock). It is still an open order on their site.

bread's done
Back