Skyrim (360, PS3) $39.99 at Amazon

dogfishfiend

CAGiversary!
I've been waiting for this price for a while. Seems fair for a game that has so many hours of play. Worth it?? Full disclosure: I never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games, but I'm a former D&D nerd.

Didn't Best Buy do $40 for the game awhile ago? Pretty sure that's what I paid for it

GS has it for 40 new/30 used too

But the game is worth the $40 and then some, hands down one of the best games I've ever played.

So is this a temporary price cut or new MSRP?

Kind of a good time for them to drop a $20 DLC... $40 game + $20 DLC = still $60 :)

[quote name='apterous']So is this a temporary price cut or new MSRP?

Kind of a good time for them to drop a $20 DLC... $40 game + $20 DLC = still $60 :)[/QUOTE]

Temp. price drop. Amazon is just matching Gamestop's sale price.

Newegg had it for $34.99 a few weeks ago as did Best Buy. $39.99 is a good price considering it has held strong at MSRP ($59.99) but I think we'll see this price point, if not lower, more often now

this will be worthless soon the game of the year edt is coming out with the dlc that costed money on xbl i wasted enfuf on this game and my disc doesnt even worked anymore it is cracked in the cente ri shuld have installed it to the 360 hard drive but what can i say sometimes im not dumb but i can make dumb decision.

[quote name='CitrusBlast']this will be worthless soon the game of the year edt is coming out with the dlc that costed money on xbl i wasted enfuf on this game and my disc doesnt even worked anymore it is cracked in the cente ri shuld have installed it to the 360 hard drive but what can i say sometimes im not dumb but i can make dumb decision.[/QUOTE]periods and commas are your friends ;)

u guys r very acerbic, mordant, and need 2 stop it.u will thank me when it is annouce soon and u didnt waste ur money i can understand if ur mad now but stop the evil posts.

[quote name='CitrusBlast']u r bad awful vicious terrible men...[/QUOTE]
Do what I did when I first joined: stay quite, thank the OP when you took an advantage of the deal, and you will be fine. Eventually you will be able to help other CAGs and helped by other CAGs. You do not want to confront stylez and daz.
EDIT: Not that they will rip you apart, they are very helpful guys...

The FIRST DLC just came out on June 26th, and it was only for the 360. It isn't even out for the PC and PS3 yet, so any hope of a GOTY is probably at a minimum, a year away.

This game is absolutely worth $40. And if you can still find a Collectors Edition for $60, it is absolitely worth that.
I had never played an Elder Scrolls game either until Skyrim, and it is now one of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='TooPoor']Do what I did when I first joined: stay quite, thank the OP when you took an advantage of the deal, and you will be fine. Eventually you will be able to help other CAGs and helped by other CAGs. You do not want to confront stylez and daz.[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like I'm a asshole?? I honestly though I was one of the more decent people here.:whistle2:s

[quote name='Brother Daz']You make it sound like I'm a asshole?? I honestly though I was one of the more decent people here.:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
I meant you guys are the helpful guys, so pissing you guys off is a bad idea, you know, in terms of being beneficial to himself.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You make it sound like I'm a asshole?? I honestly though I was one of the more decent people here.:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
r the owner of the forum i want 2 find it out also i need names and addresses etc....

thanks, it is still too much for me. i will wait patiently until it drops to $20 of something, maybe in 2 years or so, LOL

[quote name='TooPoor']I meant you guys are the helpful guys, so pissing you guys off is a bad idea, you know, in terms of being beneficial to himself.[/QUOTE]Oh ok :)

[quote name='CitrusBlast']r the owner of the forum i want 2 find it out also i need names and addresses etc....[/QUOTE]
No I'm not the owner, Cheapy D is.

Bought it a while back for $40 a while ago in the best buy sale, well worth the $40. Really my type of game, up there with my favorites

lololol
citrusblast just pm'ed me:

ur a bad member
i dont want u posting 2 me namore if u do its harrasment wich is illegal so stop unlless u want 2 lose ur computer by the police they confinscate it in criminal matters involving it....

citrusblast=namispep ...for sure.

on topic- skyrim is awesome but ive bought/traded it in soo many times because theres sooo much stuff to do im afraid ill get sucked in and never play anything else. 40 is decent but bestbuy has had it for 35. good prices if u plan on playing thru right away but if ur not quite ready to dedicate the time, like any game purchase its probably best to wait. in this case, waiting is actually advantageous because they keep adding patches/new content...it'd be nice to have all the added content on disc.

[quote name='TooPoor']On topic: BB had it for $35 so you can wait for that sale again.[/QUOTE]

This. Thought I was crazy at first since I remember paying less than $40 at the beginning of summer.

[quote name='CitrusBlast']u r bad awful vicious terrible men...[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that's out of the way, then. It is now much less likely that you will walk away disappointed.

Back on topic, I've played every ES game since Morrowind and am looking forward to finally playing this. I still want it for $30, though ;)

[quote name='CitrusBlast']u guys r very acerbic, mordant, and need 2 stop it.u will thank me when it is annouce soon and u didnt waste ur money i can understand if ur mad now but stop the evil posts.[/QUOTE]

namispep again? Oh brother...

Anyway, this game is well worth $40. BB had it for $35 a few weeks ago but I dont think it will go much lower than this often, so jump on it if you've been waiting for a deal

Offtopic: Who the hell is nameispep?

Ontopic: I hear lukewarm reviews for dawnguard, I own the game from the $60 CE, but not too sure if I should shell out the money for dawnguard. If a non-Skyrim-Frenzy played it, let me know your thoughts.

I bought this while it was on sale last month and recently got 1000/1000 for the base game... amazing experience, but wow is it huge. Even with all the achievements, I still feel like I never laid eyes on ~35% of the game. I'll grab Dawngard and venture back to Skyrim once it inevitably goes on sale...

I thought Dawnguard was very good. I've put about 15 hours into it, and I haven't even done the Vampire side of the story yet.
Some guys on the Bethesda forums were complaining that they thought it should have been $10, but I felt it was worth it.
Honestly though, if you're unsure about it, wait for a sale. There is PLENTY to do in the regular game until then.

[quote name='technicalstylez']oh, its 39.99 new and 29.99 used at gamestop if u have gs credit to burn[/QUOTE]
I have $22 in GS credit, but I also have a 100 game backlog....what to do, what to do.

bread's done
Back