Skyrim: 360 vs PC

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I already have it ordered for 360, but I recently got a good gaming computer. The specs can be found here.

Here is my little list of pros and cons. For 360, I would prefer it because I much prefer a controller over a keyboard/mouse, and I am an achievement whore. For PC, I believe I should be able to run it at max settings and I would imagine it looks way better than it does on 360. I don't really care for modding PC games, I know people go insane over it but truthfully I never saw the huge appeal in it, so I doubt I will be using any mods.

Not much of a list, but I don't know what to do!

Well if controller is a factor, I know I played oblivion on my PC with my 360 controller. But truthfully, I find myself playing on consoles more just because my TV and sound system are way better. Just depends on what you think is more ideal a situation.

If you don't care about mods I think getting it on 360 is best. For me, sitting on my couch with a big screen TV and surround sound beats out better graphics.

You can use a controller for the pc version if you want so thats a non issue. It really comes down to how much you like achievements and how important graphics are to you. I plan on buying it for 360 first since I prefer size over detail so I'd rather play it on my 47" tv. I'll eventaully get it for PC when steam has a sale on the inevitable GOTY edition.

I am sure it looks at least 2-3 times better on the PC, as well as having a lot of free DLC stuff, like most PC games have. And all the modding people will do, if you are into that.

[quote name='tankass']Well if controller is a factor, I know I played oblivion on my PC with my 360 controller. But truthfully, I find myself playing on consoles more just because my TV and sound system are way better. Just depends on what you think is more ideal a situation.[/QUOTE]
And these comments are silly. You do realize you can just connect your PC up to your TV and sound system and run the game at true 1080p graphics and it would look way better than your XBox/PS3/whatever. I really only use my PS3 for games to co-op with friends without PC's and exclusives.

This is even more true now, the consoles are getting old, and their graphics were never as good as a PC to begin with.

bread's done
Back