Skyrim $39.99 at TRU Sunday 12/18-12/24

[quote name='An J0e']Is it worth the download on 360? i heard the load times are pretty harsh.

*finish mission, exit cave*
(load)
*fast travel to city*
(load)
*enter city*
(load)
*enter building*
(load)
*turn in mission*[/QUOTE]

On the other hand you can go HOURS while playing without having to load while exploring and questing. When I was playing through the game was actually surprised with how few load times there were honestly.

I put in like 60 hours into Skyrim for PS3, then sold it because it started to get laggy and crash here and there.

I just got Skyrim on 360 today and installed it on the HDD. It runs smooth, load times are much better and more tolerable, and it looks and plays better than the PS3 version. I'd say go for it on 360 since it seems to be the less buggy version, but reports say that 360 has its fair share of bugs, however.

[quote name='Masker13']Is the 360 version any bad? I heard fallout 3 was pretty buggy and don't wanna ruin a great game with[/QUOTE]

Not only an incomplete thought, but a very malformed one. Especially since you heard about Fallout and didn't play it. I had occasional problems with Fallout 3 when it launched. And they patched and fixed and I rarely saw them in my second playthrough. Both of them were around 100 hours and an absolutely fantastic game that you totally missed out on.

This is a game I say wait longer for a deal on it. It's still too fucking buggy. I know the PS3 version is fucked, PC version crashes whenever it feels like, graphical bugs up the ass. I think 360 might be the only really playable version.

Worst part about it, is bethesda said they wont fix anything till after the holidays.

Official Forums: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/179-skyrim-hardware-and-software-issues-subforums/

Games Radar discussion of how broken the PS3 version is: http://www.gamesradar.com/high-horse-broken-ps3-skyrim-was-inevitable-inexcusable-and-may-be-your-fault/

Real time video documenting the problem: http://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-exactly-how-broken-ps3-version-better-take-look/

I personally own the game on XBox 360 after buying it the week after release for $35 but am still waiting to play it. The last patch (1.2) fixed most of the texture problems from playing off the hard drive, but introduced new massive bugs such as unkillable backwards flying dragons and resistances being disabled.

[quote name='akir']glad i got this with saints row 3 from amazon during the b1g1 50% off. got skyrim + sr3 for $70 and brought sr3 into walmart for a $65 gc.
return fraud be damned.
skyrim for $5[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just steal the game from walmart, then you wouldn't have to spend the $5.

Im 60+ hours in and dont have any big problems. Has froze a couple times on me when loading a new area, thats bout it (Battlefield 3 has frozen on me more times than Skyrim). I also have a broken side quest cause a dude Im suppose to follow entered a building and then dissappeared.

Nothing major though. Still enjoying it. Load times are around 10 seconds.

Fallout:NV froze on me about 30+ times, and I still finished that game. So, Skyrim freezing a couple times in 60+ hours is heaven to me.

DAH! Seriously? I jumped on getting Skyrim for the PS3 cuz I had an employee appreciation discount this past weekend so I got it for around this price...used. Maybe I should just return it and wait for the GOTY edition like I originally planned...knowing my luck, it'll be buggy to the point of unplayable.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Man glitchesta still can't code for shit. I'll wait for the goty edition I guess where it will Hopefully have non of these problems that are reported[/QUOTE]

oblivion goty has the vampire bug...look it up lol :booty:

Can you name one Bethesda-developed game in recent memory that has been released in an acceptable technical state?

When its a Bethesda game I wait until the price of the game is in the sub-$20 range.

In a way, we gamers are to blame for rushing out and purchasing the game at launch...if we would just say fuck this....Bethesda would get a clue. But they now have been trained that they can shovel cr@pware and we will go out and pay full price for it.

Given the sales and number of people who will have it over Xmas, by March it will be in the bargain bin because I really doubt that Bethesda will work on patches...they will be moving onto their next project because they already know that there will be people lining up for their next half-finished offering that you will pay full price to get.

There are soooo many games and most of us have a nice back log that I cannot see paying $40 for something that will be $25 by mid next year and sub-$20 by this time next year.

That said, I have played FallOut 3 and FallOut NV but only after paying $12 for new copies which it what they where worth.

[quote name='TurboPascal']Can you name one Bethesda-developed game in recent memory that has been released in an acceptable technical state?

When its a Bethesda game I wait until the price of the game is in the sub-$20 range.

In a way, we gamers are to blame for rushing out and purchasing the game at launch...if we would just say fuck this....Bethesda would get a clue. But they now have been trained that they can shovel cr@pware and we will go out and pay full price for it.

Given the sales and number of people who will have it over Xmas, by March it will be in the bargain bin because I really doubt that Bethesda will work on patches...they will be moving onto their next project because they already know that there will be people lining up for their next half-finished offering that you will pay full price to get.

There are soooo many games and most of us have a nice back log that I cannot see paying $40 for something that will be $25 by mid next year and sub-$20 by this time next year.

That said, I have played FallOut 3 and FallOut NV but only after paying $12 for new copies which it what they where worth.[/QUOTE]

You're speaking the truth, but it seems that what we are saying is falling of deaf ears.

I feel PS3 owners get the most of the guff, as someone said the Oblivion vampire glitch earlier that never went patched, and the Mothership Zeta garbage that never went patched. Bethesda won't fix everything based on their track record and it's a shame.

This is the real inconvienient truth, Al.

bread's done
Back