Skyrim CE PC $29.99 at Best Buy

JasonTerminator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Spotted this today at the BB in San Bernardino, CA. Marked $29.99 on the shelf with a regular price tag, so it might be their new regular price. YMMV as always. The copy I saw had a slightly beat up slipcover, like most in-store copies do.

You can activate this on Steam, if you didn't know.

OK, so I went to a Best Buy just now, and had them look up the SKU for the PS3 version - still $59.99, unfortunately.

[quote name='eXiON']There should be a censor for the 4 letter word that starts with C and ends wih L.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It should show up on CAG as a fucking "Shaq-fu" emblem. I can't think of a worse C word than the one that guy just used.

Friend of mine that works at best buy just did an RSS Search for the ce for 360 and they are now down to $30 as well. Not sure about the ps3 version. But I can confirm that the 360 version is that price because I just picked it up myself.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Agreed. It should show up on CAG as a fucking "Shaq-fu" emblem. I can't think of a worse C word than the one that guy just used.[/QUOTE]
I can. It rhymes with punt.:D;):whistle2:#

While I agree that calling may not always be the best option, a LOT of people are un-aware of the value of some games.

Anywho, off to my BB to find a CE.

None in the Dallas/Fort Worth region. Went to several Best Buys with no luck, finally asked for a stock check and no dice on PC or XBox.

I did see a ton of clearance PC games though.

Darkness II Limited - 14.99
Hard Reset Extended - 9.99
Deus Ex HR - 6.99

COD Black Ops - 19.99

So it looks like they are trying to clear out PC games.

Okay okay ill go check personaly, but by now they are probably gone. Ill also stop using the C word if it bothers you guys that much.

Btw I also chekced on the there website and they where having a lot of clearences on my local BB stores, but none for skyrim CE. They didn't even have skyrim CE in stock for anything other then xbox 360.

I just don't like going all the way to a store then finding out they don't have what I want (for the price I want). Then I end up leaving empty handed and feeling like I just waisted my time.

[quote name='Kikyou1']Okay okay ill go check personaly, but by now they are probably gone. Ill also stop using the C word if it bothers you guys that much.

Btw I also chekced on the there website and they where having a lot of clearences on my local BB stores, but none for skyrim CE. They didn't even have skyrim CE in stock for anything other then xbox 360.

I just don't like going all the way to a store then finding out they don't have what I want (for the price I want). Then I end up leaving empty handed and feeling like I just waisted my time.[/QUOTE]
That's a big part of the deal hunting experience though. Many of us have had quite a few disappointments over the years while looking for deals and more than likely we've wasted a fair bit of gasoline looking for some of these deals.

But you do what you have to to get the deals, even if it means going outside of your normal comfort zone(i.e. getting your ass up off the couch and going out to look for it;)) to get a deal.

Once you find that insane deal that very few other people have been able to get in on and have the item(s) in your hands, the feeling is just one of pure exhilaration and I dare say it's better than sex to have the efforts you put out to find a deal come to fruition by grabbing that deal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's a big part of the deal hunting experience though. Many of us have had quite a few disappointments over the years while looking for deals and more than likely we've wasted a fair bit of gasoline looking for some of these deals.

But you do what you have to to get the deals, even if it means going outside of your normal comfort zone(i.e. getting your ass up off the couch and going out to look for it;)) to get a deal.

Once you find that insane deal that very few other people have been able to get in on and have the item(s) in your hands, the feeling is just one of pure exhilaration and I dare say it's better than sex to have the efforts you put out to find a deal come to fruition by grabbing that deal.[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of the famous saying of BrotherDaz:
“I like to count my saved money while having sex”

[quote name='TooPoor']Sigh...I shouldn't have bought this for $60...I thought it would be sold out at the 60 price point.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. :cry:

[quote name='keine']My thoughts exactly. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I'm giving myself justification that I won't be able to find this at $30....which really isn't true, I could if I looked hard enough in a 50 mile radius.

I went to my local best buy and asked about the ps3 and the lady there checked and told me that they where no longer even holding them because they stoped making them. So it looks like 60 dollars at gamestop is as cheap as its going to get for Skyrim CE and thats if you act fast because gamestop likes to price things up once they find out about things like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']You dad is as cool as hell man.[/QUOTE]

lol, i know right my dad hates that i play video games, and if i told him to go pick up some video game for me. he will probably tell me to pick it up myself.

[quote name='Kikyou1']I went to my local best buy and asked about the ps3 and the lady there checked and told me that they where no longer even holding them because they stoped making them. So it looks like 60 dollars at gamestop is as cheap ats its going to get for Skyrim CE and thats if you act fast because gamestop likes to price things up once they find out about things like this.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they "stoped" making them last fall, when the game originally came out. They continued at the $60 price-point up through July because people were still buying them at that price. And now that it's $30, they're gone because there's none left in the inventory system, so they have to nudge stores to stop trying to profit off a 9-month-old game's CE.

But as for anyone intentionally holding out 9 months to buy the CE for $30, that's just stupid, because it's apparent you never wanted the game in the first place, so stop hoarding crap that you didn't want in the first place. :)

[quote name='Cornelius']Yes, they "stoped" making them last fall, when the game originally came out. They continued at the $60 price-point up through July because people were still buying them at that price. And now that it's $30, they're gone because there's none left in the inventory system, so they have to nudge stores to stop trying to profit off a 9-month-old game's CE.

But as for anyone intentionally holding out 9 months to buy the CE for $30, that's just stupid, because it's apparent you never wanted the game in the first place, so stop hoarding crap that you didn't want in the first place. :)[/QUOTE]

I just got my PS3 3 months ago.
So it's not that I didn't want it, it's that I didn't have a system that would play it. My laptops graphic card woudn't be able to handle the PC version. But good job with that second peragraph, that was very nice of you. :applause:

[quote name='TooPoor']Sigh...I shouldn't have bought this for $60...I thought it would be sold out at the 60 price point.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='keine']My thoughts exactly. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least we didn't buy two at 60$ ;) the glass is half full?

I check online to see if any where is stock none. But went to my local bestbuy to buy a movie and guess what I saw Skyrim PC CE. So Im guess that the online store checker is not very useful.

[quote name='Lemon Monster']I check online to see if any where is stock none. But went to my local bestbuy to buy a movie and guess what I saw Skyrim PC CE. So Im guess that the online store checker is not very useful.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly, the deal is that if there are 1-3 copies of something the website lists unavailable. Apparently it only lists available if they have a significant (ie 4 or more) number of copies. Of course this is just what I have heard and it may not necessarily be correct in all cases.

Did you happen to notice how many copies of it they had out of curiosity?

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']Skyrim for X360 trades in for $30 after +50% bonus, then if you have GCU you get $32. Not bad if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

What 50% bonus?

Edit - nevermind I'm dumb

bread's done
Back