Skyrim Collectors Ed. (Xbox OR PS3) for $99.

already got my skyrim copy for 29.99 from Lockerz.com...

It's not collectors edition...but for that price i cannot complain :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']The CE will be $59.99 sooner or later, that's when I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping!:D

[quote name='Kaiser499']The CE will be $59.99 sooner or later, that's when I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

It should be at some time. Its already $99 everywhere this close to release and those things take up so much room in the stores. Another couple months and it should be clearanced more. Cant wait.

By the time it reaches 59.99 I would buy it too, but then again I did fork up 59.99 for the game when it was release......so in the end i owe Bethesda more then a hundred bucks from day one...well played Bethesda well played

PC editions seem to be sold out at most places, so I'm glad I jumped on the price from Newegg. Sure, it costs more than the other sets are likely to go for at some point in the future, but it seems like the PC version was either produced in lower numbers or was more popular with those into the Collector's Edition.

My plan as well. Although $75 is my buy point. I expect it'll be there near the end of Q1 2012.

I just got this for Christmas, it's really nice. Art book is higher quality then expected and the statue is a statue. For people who haven't played the game yet: I advise you just pick it up at this price, it's worth it. If you already own the game, you can just wait.

I'm really suspicious of the production runs of these limited/collector's editions these days. The era of the first Bioshock CE is long gone. Now, they make so many and/or they're so physically gigantic, that resellers will inevitably have to dump them at a huge discount. Arkham City was the last time I will ever get geeked into jumping prematurely on a CE. Long after they had disappeared from all retailers' shelves, BB suddenly has a boat load of them in warehouses ready to ship at 67% off?! Nope - never again. I can wait.

in for 24.99 best buy clearance price..lol jk. 99 is tempting but i already have the bonus stuff plus the autographed soundtrack. 49.99 would make sense just to offload the extras for trade/money back

[quote name='addicted2games']It should be at some time. Its already $99 everywhere this close to release and those things take up so much room in the stores. [/QUOTE]

Newegg was one of the first places to drop it, but now its back up to $150 there.

[quote name='SteveGo']No wai! The statue is a statue?!?! fucking sold![/QUOTE]

Well I meant people know if they want a statue of a dragon, it's either something they want in their house or not. It's not a very special statue, it's nice and all but nothing to really phone home about. I like it well enough though.

[quote name='SteveGo']No wai! The statue is a statue?!?! fucking sold![/QUOTE]

It's not. It's a large hunk of plastic... very sharp plastic.

The gamestop by me has piles of these for $100. I almost bit but with the amount i saw they will never sell for that price so im going to wait. Itll probably end up at Reach type levels. Around 50-60 or so and itll be available everywere.
I agree with the worry over collectors editions. I dont think they are worth squat anymore and is just easy money for the stores. Im only buying them when they hit clearance and i actually want the game. Limited edition means nothing now, not like bioshock and dead space.

I had to stop by my local AT&T store today and there is a Gamestop next door. They have 22 Skyrim CE sitting on the floor. Someone came by and asked if they could help me with something, and I asked about all the boxes, and his only comment was "we cannot wait to get rid of them". Looking at the 2012 release schedule, by March there will be enough new titles they will have to make room

When will stores stop selling and publishers stop making so many of these things? Are they making so much on the few fools that buy these things at MSRP that they dont care they always have to mark most of them down within a couple months?

[quote name='SteveGo']Herp derp.[/QUOTE]

lol.. Seriously though I think everyone should just sit on their thumbs until this hits $9.99. I mean it's going to happen eventually right? It's just a game and a bunch of useless plastic.

I mean who cares that 1 out of 3 of the editions (PC) happens to be OOS at most retailers. Who cares that very few B&M Retailers carry this. Just sit on your thumbs and wait.... don't bite at $99.99; Don't bite at $79.99 heck if for some reason it makes it to $59.99....

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS...

The smartest CAG is the one who will come in at that point (if this does drop to $59.99) and posts "I'll bit at $9.99"

herp derp

[quote name='vocoder']already got my skyrim copy for 29.99 from Lockerz.com...

It's not collectors edition...but for that price i cannot complain :)[/QUOTE]

wow thanks for the info, i was on the fence on buying this!!

I'm hoping I can get a PS3 collector's edition for $50-$60 within the next year.

Curious as to why Bethesda would release such a ridiculously priced CE in the first place. I guess Elder Scrolls fanatics are really that hardcore.

As someone who owns 2 of these (and paid $50 each +tax for them thank you bb), I would say the book alone is worth $30. I haven't looked at the statue yet, but it is probably safe to say $20 would be a realistic value. The game itself, I guess depends on the version, but I would think the vanilla game itself will be readily available for $20 in a few months. I would say if you could get these at 59.99 you would probably be happy with the purchase.

man.... skyrim x360 graphics sucks balls... at least at the begining until you get used to it.... f***** old

$99 is how much this should have been in the first place and even that was stretching it. This should have been more of a fan service thing. How about a letter opener model of one of the better weapons or shields or armor sets? Or how about a "bottle of skooma"? Or maybe a plush mud crab. Soooo many cooler things they could have done.

If I found it for $50 I'm not even sure if I'd bite then because the statue would just be sitting back in an unused room with my Halo Reach statue...

[quote name='vocoder']man.... skyrim x360 graphics sucks balls... at least at the begining until you get used to it.... f***** old[/QUOTE]

Damn. I'm not going to get the pc version as I am not going to upgrade my 5 year old computer to play games. So that leaves the console versions. Are the graphics that bad? Do I choose crappy graphics over lag in the PS3 version? I haven't seen either console version in person yet, so I am going on what I read on the internet. Yeah, I guess that would be the better of two evils.

bread's done
Back