Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide [oos/dead]

[quote name='BingoBrown']I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of resellers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='BingoBrown']I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of resellers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.[/QUOTE]
Exactly!

Are there any differences between hardcover and regular guide besides 'Hard' part? I am contemplating it but with tablet and access to the ever-growing Wiki I am not sure this is needed for regular gamer and not a collector.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so how much was this when everyone was preordering it[/QUOTE]

I think the lowest it got was a shade under $25.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so how much was this when everyone was preordering it[/QUOTE]
It was $24.xx or so

[quote name='netscorer']Are there any differences between hardcover and regular guide besides 'Hard' part? I am contemplating it but with tablet and access to the ever-growing Wiki I am not sure this is needed for regular gamer and not a collector.[/QUOTE]
It also includes the interactive web map. $15 value I believe

[quote name='netscorer']Are there any differences between hardcover and regular guide besides 'Hard' part? I am contemplating it but with tablet and access to the ever-growing Wiki I am not sure this is needed for regular gamer and not a collector.[/QUOTE]
Comes with voucher for interactive world map on PC

If you're not buying to collect it, then stick with the free wikis.

Will this actually say "Second Edition" like on the Bethesda website? They did say they made spelling corrections and such.

If anything that would make the first edition move up in price more for 'certain' collectors.

[quote name='philmcfly']Will this actually say "Second Edition" like on the Bethesda website? They did say they made spelling corrections and such.

If anything that would make the first edition move up in price more for 'certain' collectors.[/QUOTE]

True true. Thanks OP, snagged one

This will be my first time playing any RPG in depth. I've put a couple hours into Skryim already and I'm really enjoying it. Is it worth is to a newbie to grab the guide?

Ok, for clarification, how does the interactive map work? Prima's website is not very helpful about this. Can I view it on an iPad? I already have the regular guide and don't care about collector value.

Where might I find this wiki? Just started playing last night

I feel bad for the people that paid me over 90 dollars for the copies that I sold on Amazon. Oh well not my fault they couldn't wait for it.

I ordered this from Gamestop on Sunday and it actually arrived today.

Those original ones just might hold their value...mine says SECOND EDITION on the bottom. I don't care since I just wanted one for the hell of it, but just fyi for collectors.

[quote name='philmcfly']Will this actually say "Second Edition" like on the Bethesda website? They did say they made spelling corrections and such.

If anything that would make the first edition move up in price more for 'certain' collectors.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that it does say SECOND EDITION. I have one in hand.

When is anything ever limited or collector if they keep restocking? lol its great for the guys that didn't get one but damn.

[quote name='blueblazin']When is anything ever limited or collector if they keep restocking? lol its great for the guys that didn't get one but damn.[/QUOTE]

Ummm.. the original was limited if this says "second edition" which from early reports it appears that it does

[quote name='blueblazin']When is anything ever limited or collector if they keep restocking? lol its great for the guys that didn't get one but damn.[/QUOTE]

Those two words aren't exactly married to one another, just because something is a collectors edition doesn't necessarily mean it is a limitied edition. I agree with you that there are probably many people upset right now that bought this guide for $60+ on Amazon or Ebay. I personally have never read anywhere that this guide was supposed to be limited, so in theory they can really make as many runs as they want. Of course this seems like a one time reprint, as usually these CE guides dont get re-printed and by demand become limited over time.

Thanks OP, been wanting one for myself so I am definitely in @ $26

BTW, the first edition and numerous errors including the index being way off and many people reported that many guides came bound upside down. Also, the interactive map server is constantly down including today. Hiopefully these and other issue are fixed in second edition for those of you purchasing today

[quote name='FranksTheTank']This will be my first time playing any RPG in depth. I've put a couple hours into Skryim already and I'm really enjoying it. Is it worth is to a newbie to grab the guide?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Wiki sites are nice but if this is your first crack read the book like you would any other book and learn the ins and outs of the genre itself.

Play along with the guide and finish it then read what you missed out on doing in the main quest and see what else is offered

bread's done
Back