Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide [oos/dead]

[quote name='MicroDr']Ok, for clarification, how does the interactive map work? Prima's website is not very helpful about this. Can I view it on an iPad? I already have the regular guide and don't care about collector value.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can view it on an iPad. Not sure how good it is since I don't have it, but I read that on Prima's website. They're also working on an iPad map app.

[quote name='omyard']Yes, you can view it on an iPad. Not sure how good it is since I don't have it, but I read that on Prima's website. They're also working on an iPad map app.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, makes it all the more worth it. I definitely prefer looking stuff up on my Ipad than my laptop.

Thanks for the post, only buying this because its Skyrim. Now if only the collector edition went down price.... (99.94) on newegg is still a bit too much for me

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Yes, Wiki sites are nice but if this is your first crack read the book like you would any other book and learn the ins and outs of the genre itself.

Play along with the guide and finish it then read what you missed out on doing in the main quest and see what else is offered[/QUOTE]

Thanks for push! I was on the fence but ust picked one up!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I can confirm that it does say SECOND EDITION. I have one in hand.[/QUOTE]

I bought a 1st edition at BB for $40 MSRP. Can anybody confirm that the UPC is the same for both editions? I'd like to return this to BB. TIA.

[quote name='omyard']Yes, you can view it on an iPad. Not sure how good it is since I don't have it, but I read that on Prima's website. They're also working on an iPad map app.[/QUOTE]

FWIW I brought it up on my Android tablet but it's slow and a pain in the ass and not very useable (the map, not the tablet which is otherwise fine).

Part of the problem in using in a browser vs an app is the zoom. It's similar to the issue you get when say viewing Google Maps in the browser vs the app. With the app you can pinch to zoom and it works quite well. With the browser when you pinch to zoom it zooms the entire browser page and not the map itself.

You can zoom the map with the + or - buttons IIRC, but they are tiny and hard to hit.

The map itself is also slow as molasses in January going uphill and I suspect that's more to do with Prima's servers than anything else.

Honestly, if they get that native Ipad app out it will probably be a lot more useable than doing it via the web on a tablet, but hey it's free with the CE so check it out and maybe it will work better for others.

Newegg and BestBuy are currently selling Skyrim's CE for $94 and $99...do you guys think its worth it? I want to buy it but I was waiting for a price drop...and a $50 discount is a lot.
I'm afraid of the CE going OOS if I keep waiting for a lower price..

$26 is pretty low. I bought for $40 at BB and am glad with that. Resale values are up for now still, and I'm sure this will go OOS pretty quick.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What is the difference between the first and second edition of the guides?[/QUOTE]
some spelling errors were fixed and somebody posted saying it says second print or something like that on it.

[quote name='AceSam14']Newegg and BestBuy are currently selling Skyrim's CE for $94 and $99...do you guys think its worth it? I want to buy it but I was waiting for a price drop...and a $50 discount is a lot.
I'm afraid of the CE going OOS if I keep waiting for a lower price..[/QUOTE]

That's the name of the game, a gamble that only you can decide. It will drop lower at some point, everybody has a different bite point.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What is the difference between the first and second edition of the guides?[/QUOTE]

How much money resellers will try to gouge you.

[quote name='Brother Daz']some spelling errors were fixed and somebody posted saying it says second print or something like that on it.[/QUOTE]

Here is a pic of it:

skyrimce2nd3d.jpg

For a larger pic click the link below:

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/SkyrimCE2nd_3D.jpg

i have two sealed copies of the 1st edition that i paid retail for at best buy. im going to just sell one of the 1st printings as im sure they will hold value to true collectors. ill just use the 2nd as my read copy with the fixed errors.

Thanks for all the info. I ordered one, but am trying to decide if I should cancel since I have the normal version already. I wish they would just bring out the app and be done with it.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW I brought it up on my Android tablet but it's slow and a pain in the ass and not very useable (the map, not the tablet which is otherwise fine).

Part of the problem in using in a browser vs an app is the zoom. It's similar to the issue you get when say viewing Google Maps in the browser vs the app. With the app you can pinch to zoom and it works quite well. With the browser when you pinch to zoom it zooms the entire browser page and not the map itself.

You can zoom the map with the + or - buttons IIRC, but they are tiny and hard to hit.

The map itself is also slow as molasses in January going uphill and I suspect that's more to do with Prima's servers than anything else.

Honestly, if they get that native Ipad app out it will probably be a lot more useable than doing it via the web on a tablet, but hey it's free with the CE so check it out and maybe it will work better for others.[/QUOTE]

Very disappointed that Bethesda / Prima have broken with tradition and reprinted a CE guide. I was hoping to send my kids to a nice private college by selling the copy I got from the first printing. Sorry, kids, state school for you!

No offense, but having the first edition is a whole difference over 2nd or 3rd etc. editions... I sort of collect books, so I settle for First Edition for reasonable price. The SECOND EDITION wording is ugly :p

[quote name='Serpentor']No offense, but having the first edition is a whole difference over 2nd or 3rd etc. editions... I sort of collect books, so I settle for First Edition for reasonable price. The SECOND EDITION wording is ugly :p[/QUOTE]
For real books I agree

This is a guide

[quote name='Rockinjs']$23.99 now[/QUOTE]OK, I couldn't justify getting a second copy at $26.39, but at this price, I couldn't ignore it any longer. I'll definitely use this copy when I play through Skyrim, and I'll keep my "First Edition" copy sealed until I can find some...financially beneficial use for it. :cool:

If this second printing sells out like the first did, the "First Edition" might fetch a pretty penny down the road, even if it is a game guide...

Tempted to get this although most information is on uesp and elderscrolls.wikia

Will most likely pick it up if is stays in stock until next week...

There are 2 barcodes on the back of mine...the new one. Here they are, not sure which one is the official UPC.

9 78307 891402

0 50694 48711 3 (guessing this one is the UPC)

[quote name='JaylisJayP']There are 2 barcodes on the back of mine...the new one. Here they are, not sure which one is the official UPC.

9 78307 891402

0 50694 48711 3 (guessing this one is the UPC)[/QUOTE]

They appear to be the same, on my original it's

9 780307 891402

0 50694 48711 3

Assuming you left that 0 out of the first code

I cancelled my order at 26.39 from earlier today and reordered just now @ 23.99 , putting me under the $25.00 minimum for free shipping.

If you're looking for "filler" for free shipping, Chrono Trigger for the DS is 12.79. I couldn't resist as I always wanted this game and it's the lowest price I've seen it new.

So less than 24 hrs after putting in the 1st order, it won't let me cancel my order at the 26.xx price, so I had to cancel the 2nd attempt at the 23.99 price so that I don't get stuck with both orders...lame

I have Prime for 2 day shipping and they put it to "shipping soon" status when it says dec 25th, meaning it isnt shipping "soon"...good thing amazon is awesome or i would be mad they are cheating me $2.50 haha

also I am going to hate seeing "2nd edition" if it does indeed say that, so angry I missed the original

[quote name='zachtheax']So less than 24 hrs after putting in the 1st order, it won't let me cancel my order at the 26.xx price, so I had to cancel the 2nd attempt at the 23.99 price so that I don't get stuck with both orders...lame

I have Prime for 2 day shipping and they put it to "shipping soon" status when it says dec 25th, meaning it isnt shipping "soon"...good thing amazon is awesome or i would be mad they are cheating me $2.50 haha

also I am going to hate seeing "2nd edition" if it does indeed say that, so angry I missed the original[/QUOTE]

Well, I had 2 instinces this week ending in good "Live Chat" sessions. 1 they gave me the price difference, the other they gave me a pre-paid return shipping label w/RMA and let me re-order at the lower price.

Just sayin, doesn't hurt to ask. Live chat is usually successful and only takes a few minutes.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Well, I had 2 instinces this week ending in good "Live Chat" sessions. 1 they gave me the price difference, the other they gave me a pre-paid return shipping label w/RMA and let me re-order at the lower price.

Just sayin, doesn't hurt to ask. Live chat is usually successful and only takes a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

I guess I am not a true cheap ass gamer, because I am willing to take the 2.50 loss as personal punishment for not realizing they dont price match themselves automatically like they used to:D

bought mine today for 26 and some change.... contacted Amazon's support and they gave me the difference and honored the free shipping.... plus with my discounts i snagged the Guide for 14.99...pretty sweet

[quote name='vocoder']bought mine today for 26 and some change.... contacted Amazon's support and they gave me the difference and honored the free shipping.... plus with my discounts i snagged the Guide for 14.99...pretty sweet[/QUOTE]

discounts?

I will admit I haven't looked through the entire thread before posting this response, so I am unsure if anyone else had mentioned this already but I have seen the reprinted guides at a local Game Stop and in bold letters under Skyrim it says Second Edition...and I don't know about you guys but I absolutely hate that it says that.

Called Amazon and they are going to refund me $2.40 once it ships since it has already entered the shipping process. Their customer service puts Best Buy's to shame.

I did the live chat, and they fixed the price for me. It only took a few minutes to save the $2.40, and I relish being a cheap ass.

bought one earlier and did the live chat to get the price adjusted. $2.40 is $2.40. Makes me feel better for paying only $23.xx for it. It's the first guide I buy in a very long time, still wondering if its as worth it as everyone says.

Thanks op and others mentioning price drop! You guys never fail me.

[quote name='zachtheax']So less than 24 hrs after putting in the 1st order, it won't let me cancel my order at the 26.xx price, so I had to cancel the 2nd attempt at the 23.99 price so that I don't get stuck with both orders...lame

also I am going to hate seeing "2nd edition" if it does indeed say that, so angry I missed the original[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you place your first order? I had placed mine early this morning and just cancelled it a few mins ago and got a cancellation confirmation. Just placed my second order for $23, thanks for the heads up guys

[quote name='MochaRaf']How long ago did you place your first order? I had placed mine early this morning and just cancelled it a few mins ago and got a cancellation confirmation. Just placed my second order for $23, thanks for the heads up guys[/QUOTE]

Usually Prime members orders get pushed to shipping soon status a few hours after you order

bread's done
Back