Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide [oos/dead]

[quote name='MochaRaf']How long ago did you place your first order? I had placed mine early this morning and just cancelled it a few mins ago and got a cancellation confirmation. Just placed my second order for $23, thanks for the heads up guys[/QUOTE]

If you have Prime your will get processed really quick like parkerwilson said. Sometimes I've received shipped emails within the hour of placing orders. When they say two day shipping they aren't messing around.

[quote name='parkerwilson']Usually Prime members orders get pushed to shipping soon status a few hours after you order[/QUOTE]

Yes I know, I am also a Prime Member. My status even said "Shipping Soon", but it cancelled no problem.

[quote name='Lucky13']Called Amazon and they are going to refund me $2.40 once it ships since it has already entered the shipping process. Their customer service puts Best Buy's to shame.[/QUOTE]

i was given the standard "Amazon doesn't have a price guarantee" line. So I was forced to strong-arm Amazon over my $2.40. When I ordered the guide, it was showing in stock for immediate shipping, but once I placed the order, the order status said it won't make it for Christmas (with Amazon Prime). So I made them cancel that order and placed a new one at the lower price :)

Just did a chat to get the price adjustment. Gotta love these guys. I especially like the bolded part:

Me:I placed an order earlier today for an item that was $26.39 and within a few hours it dropped to $23.99. I would like this adjusted so I don't have to cancel and re-order since it hasn't shipped yet.

Premkumar:Hello, my name is Prem. I'll be happy to help you.

Premkumar:May I have the order number, please?

Me:XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX

Premkumar:Thanks.

Me:No problem

Premkumar:I'll check that for you.

Me:Thank you.

Premkumar:Thanks for the patience.

Premkumar:Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on book.

Premkumar:I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Premkumar:Under the circumstances, I've made an exception for you and reduced the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $23.99.

Premkumar:This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

Me:Thank you. I really appreciate you saving me the trouble of cancelling and re-ordering it! It makes things much simpler!

Premkumar:It was my helping pleasure you.

Premkumar:Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me:No thanks. Have a great day!

Premkumar:You're welcome.

Premkumar:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

Premkumar:Have a great day!

[quote name='chriscolbert']Just did a chat to get the price adjustment. Gotta love these guys. I especially like the bolded part:

Me:I placed an order earlier today for an item that was $26.39 and within a few hours it dropped to $23.99. I would like this adjusted so I don't have to cancel and re-order since it hasn't shipped yet.

Premkumar:Hello, my name is Prem. I'll be happy to help you.

Premkumar:May I have the order number, please?

Me:XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX

Premkumar:Thanks.

Me:No problem

Premkumar:I'll check that for you.

Me:Thank you.

Premkumar:Thanks for the patience.

Premkumar:Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on book.

Premkumar:I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Premkumar:Under the circumstances, I've made an exception for you and reduced the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $23.99.

Premkumar:This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

Me:Thank you. I really appreciate you saving me the trouble of cancelling and re-ordering it! It makes things much simpler!

Premkumar:It was my helping pleasure you.

Premkumar:Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me:No thanks. Have a great day!

Premkumar:You're welcome.

Premkumar:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

Premkumar:Have a great day!
[/QUOTE]

I noticed that in chat I am way more successful in getting my problems solved, guess I will start using the chat more often.

[quote name='vocoder']$9 promo credits i had on my acct[/QUOTE]

eh everyone knows credit and GC balance aren't discounts :cool:

I canceled mine and reordered. Have prime and ordered kinda early as well. The ETA was Dec. 28 so maybe that's how I was able to cancel.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']eh everyone knows credit and GC balance aren't discounts :cool:

I canceled mine and reordered. Have prime and ordered kinda early as well. The ETA was Dec. 28 so maybe that's how I was able to cancel.[/QUOTE]

I did the same, and just recieved an email stating "good news", my skyrim ce guide will arrive on the 23rd instead of the 29th. Thats pretty awesome!

since no one answered him...yes this is the 2nd edition your getting. i just sold my 1st edition sealed for 120$ 2 days ago so im really stoked on this.

Wow, cant believe I didn't see this. 40% off and people on eBay were spending up to 100 bucks. Cant say no to this. Picked up 3 copies. One for my son and 2 for my nephews. Wow, what a year for great deals.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Wow, cant believe I didn't see this. 40% off and people on eBay were spending up to 100 bucks. Cant say no to this. Picked up 3 copies. One for my son and 2 for my nephews. Wow, what a year for great deals.[/QUOTE]

People were spending upwards of $100 for the first edition guide which is no longer in print. This is the same yet different guide.

$24 is still hell of a value for an awesome guide that as far as content goes is much better then the first edition however it is very doubtful that it will be anywhere near as valuable.

Amazon's customer service has gone downhill over the last 2 years. Their policy pretty much depends on who answers the email and if they're having a good day or not. I sent a email about the price reduction and they gave me the usual "we'll make an exception for you" which is absolute BS because the item has not even shipped.

kinda odd conversation with a rep to get my adjustment but got it. This is our two final lines (overall my rep was just ...different I guess):

Me:no problem. Thanks for letting me waste your time over a few bucks ... it is appreciated8:26:20 AM
Me:goodbye8:26:30 AM
Muneeb:It is my duty and now my pleasure Ryan.8:27:28 AM
Muneeb:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

One thing that i have noticed is that You do the chat during night time. So that you will get overseas Amazon supports.

They are much MUCH nicer and more accommodating that the Customer Service based here in US.

[quote name='shadowkast']kinda odd conversation with a rep to get my adjustment but got it. This is our two final lines (overall my rep was just ...different I guess):

Me:no problem. Thanks for letting me waste your time over a few bucks ... it is appreciated8:26:20 AM
Me:goodbye8:26:30 AM
Muneeb:It is my duty and now my pleasure Ryan.8:27:28 AM
Muneeb:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon![/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to crap on the Amazon CSR thing, but the things you guys/gals do for a $2.40 is pretty amazing, including kissing Amazon's ass for bending a rule they established for years...

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm not trying to crap on the Amazon CSR thing, but the things you guys/gals do for a $2.40 is pretty amazing, including kissing Amazon's ass for bending a rule they established for years...[/QUOTE]

I know, but $2.40 pays for half of my total for a $5 game from best buy. Being nice to someone rather than rude nets better results and makes that person feel good about themselves. It's all about karma man!

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm not trying to crap on the Amazon CSR thing, but the things you guys/gals do for a $2.40 is pretty amazing, including kissing Amazon's ass for bending a rule they established for years...[/QUOTE]

I am the same way as I try to make my money go as far as it can possibly go. I have no problem admitting as much. it may only be 2.40 but you add that 2 bucks here to that 2 bucks there and it starts getting significant very quickly. I have friends who think I am cheap because I use cashback sites yet I have pulled in over 4k in cashback sites the last 2 years alone. In all honesty, combining all of the different things like clipping coupons, using cashback, shopping during sales, getting CS to adjust price changes etc.. I am betting my wife and I stretch our money by at least 20%. In other words for every 100 dollars we spend, were actually getting 120 dollars in goods and services. That adds up big time over the years. It used to be called being cheap but now, in this economy, its called being smart.

It's also a pretty crappy rule. We bought yesterday, our item hasn't even shipped yet, and they dropped the price $2.40. They should automatically give us back the difference. Most B&M retailers have that policy, especially Amazon's direct competitors (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.), and they even do it 14 days or more out from the transaction date. It's the principle of it, not the $2.40. At least that's how it is for me.

[quote name='Izod517']Told you. Doubters gonna doubt.[/QUOTE]

What that they printed a second edition? That's not exactly the same as a reprint.

I never doubted they'd reprint but I'm actually kind of shocked they took the time and effort to make this a second edition rathern then just reproduced the first.

I wish Nintendo had gone this route with Super Mario All-Stars for Wii

[quote name='BingoBrown']It's also a pretty crappy rule. We bought yesterday, our item hasn't even shipped yet, and they dropped the price $2.40. They should automatically give us back the difference. Most B&M retailers have that policy, especially Amazon's direct competitors (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.), and they even do it 14 days or more out from the transaction date. It's the principle of it, not the $2.40. At least that's how it is for me.[/QUOTE]

This is everyone's Amazon thorn in the ass, I freaking hate it when it happens and it happens more often than you think. I stopped firing e-mails/chats to get things adjusted, it's just the way it is... I think I'll stretch my dollars by not spending too much :bouncy: New Year resolution #1.

I don't think it's bending a rule when the item hasn't shipped. We could have all canceled and re-ordered but that's an unnecessary way to have to get the better price. At least that's the way I see it.

Chatted with a CSR and asked nicely, she said she would refund me because the item still hasn't arrived yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']What that they printed a second edition? That's not exactly the same as a reprint.

I never doubted they'd reprint but I'm actually kind of shocked they took the time and effort to make this a second edition rathern then just reproduced the first.

I wish Nintendo had gone this route with Super Mario All-Stars for Wii[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you talking about?

Anyone getting a price adjustment, be careful. I got the adjustment, then checked my order, and they charged me for shipping since it no longer qualified for FSSS. I sent another email and got it corrected, but watch out for this problem.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Anyone getting a price adjustment, be careful. I got the adjustment, then checked my order, and they charged me for shipping since it no longer qualified for FSSS. I sent another email and got it corrected, but watch out for this problem.[/QUOTE]

i had the same problem... i asked them to honor the free shipping

btw... rule #1 never let them go off chat before you check that you received promo creds/free shipping

that's the rulez

[quote name='SteveGo']What the fuck are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

Some people have popped in this thread to pound their chest in a "told you so" fashion that there was a reprint.

Although they printed more copies of the Skyrim CE guide it is not the same as a reprint. It is a second edition with different/additional content that very well make demand for the first run increase.

I don't see what was confusing about my original statement.

Thanks OP! Snagged a copy for me and one as a gift for my brother. I'm just thrilled to be able to get a hard bound copy of the guide to use. My wife will probably actually tolerate this laying around the house since it looks so nice. The regular version would probably have found it's way into the trash by "mysterious" means.

[quote name='shadowkast']I know, but $2.40 pays for half of my total for a $5 game from best buy. Being nice to someone rather than rude nets better results and makes that person feel good about themselves. It's all about karma man![/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I thought the exact same thing!

FYI for those getting these, beware they say SECOND EDITION in block, bold letters underneath the title. My local Gamestop had these in stock when I went by there today to pick up a discounted copy of the Skyrim CE.

This is a must buy for my kids that are obsessed... and I will soon be once I get a chance to play over the holidays. The only problem is that it's OOS till Dec. 25th, which makes it impossible to put it under the tree.

I did track down a 2nd edition at Gamestop today but it's going for the regular $39.99 price. Since it's shrink wrapped, I can return it only if it hasn't been opened.

So my question is, is it safe to assume that the one I'll be getting from Amazon is also a shrink wrapped 2nd edition? If so, I can just return that one to the Gamestop since it's identical and i can have it under the tree for X-mas

Anyone that has received theirs already, can you confirm that it was indeed shrink wrapped and also 2nd edition?

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI for those getting these, beware they say SECOND EDITION in block, bold letters underneath the title. My local Gamestop had these in stock when I went by there today to pick up a discounted copy of the Skyrim CE.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please explain to me the big fuck deal with the whole 2nd edition issue? Why is it a problem????

[quote name='uthoria']Can someone please explain to me the big fuck deal with the whole 2nd edition issue? Why is it a problem????[/QUOTE]

Collectors edition, second edition. Just saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lucky for me, I don't care. I'm not buying it for collection purposes, I just prefer hardcover over paperback.

[quote name='PlayerXXX']This is a must buy for my kids that are obsessed... and I will soon be once I get a chance to play over the holidays. The only problem is that it's OOS till Dec. 25th, which makes it impossible to put it under the tree.

I did track down a 2nd edition at Gamestop today but it's going for the regular $39.99 price. Since it's shrink wrapped, I can return it only if it hasn't been opened.

So my question is, is it safe to assume that the one I'll be getting from Amazon is also a shrink wrapped 2nd edition? If so, I can just return that one to the Gamestop since it's identical and i can have it under the tree for X-mas

Anyone that has received theirs already, can you confirm that it was indeed shrink wrapped and also 2nd edition?[/QUOTE]

As long as your Amazon one is shrinkrapped it would be fine to return no matter if it was first or second version as it's the same SKU.

[quote name='uthoria']Can someone please explain to me the big fuck deal with the whole 2nd edition issue? Why is it a problem????[/QUOTE]

It's not a problem, but first editions of books in high demand and/or low supply are more valuable. Look at something like the Dragon Age Origins CE hardback guide. That still sells for $60 opened or $100-$120 sealed, and as far as I know, it didn't get a 2nd print run. People are still selling the first edition of Skyrim guide for $100 +.

[quote name='MSUHitman']As long as your Amazon one is shrinkrapped it would be fine to return no matter if it was first or second version as it's the same SKU.

It's not a problem, but first editions of books in high demand and/or low supply are more valuable. Look at something like the Dragon Age Origins CE hardback guide. That still sells for $60 opened or $100-$120 sealed, and as far as I know, it didn't get a 2nd print run. People are still selling the first edition of Skyrim guide for $100 +.[/QUOTE]

IMHO the first edition guide will not go up in value / be worth more than retail. They printed 70k copies!! Not very rare. Hoarders / fleabayers can ask +$70 for first edition copies all they want, doesn't mean anybody will be paying. I was surprised when the CE guide went out of stock so fast. I wanted one since I love the game, but no way would I pay >retail. Wanting and needing are two different things.

[quote name='bssybeep']IMHO the first edition guide will not go up in value / be worth more than retail. They printed 70k copies!! Not very rare. Hoarders / fleabayers can ask +$70 for first edition copies all they want, doesn't mean anybody will be paying. I was surprised when the CE guide went out of stock so fast. I wanted one since I love the game, but no way would I pay >retail. Wanting and needing are two different things.[/QUOTE]

Well apparently they are still selling well though. Someone stated earlier they sold their copy for $90, and someone else said they sold theirs for $120. Must have been die hard collector fans, as I personally wouldnt even pay that much for the CE of the game itself. Everyone is different though.

People are confusing this with a real book

[quote name='GBAstar']What that they printed a second edition? That's not exactly the same as a reprint.

I wish Nintendo had gone this route with Super Mario All-Stars for Wii[/QUOTE]

A second edition is exactly the same as a reprint....

bread's done
Back