SKYRIM, fun or boring ?

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
to me it looks realy boring, but i know ill buy it when it drops in price to $20 maybe $30.
but for people that played it, what is your thoughts on skyrim, fun or boring ? and for people that never played it, is it somthing you would buy ? or does it look to boring to you ?

Enjoyable for quite some time, and very modabble, but after you put enough time in to it, it can feel soulless and plastic.

Exactly like its predecessors.

Also, breakable as fuck, exactly like its predecessors.

It's a good game, you'll have fun with it. Certainly doesn't deserve all the pretentious articles written about it, and it has its problems, but you'll walk away from it pleased. Nothing more than that, and nothing less.

Go rent it and decide for yourself.

I can tell you pizza is awesome and jack sparrow could tell you it tastes like shit, but untill you try it for yourself you'll never know.

do what mr hokey said i rented it first having never played any of the series and loved the game so i eventually got it used. its pretty addictive and theres so much to see and do it can be overwhelming. i just wish it had custom soundtracks so i could play the conan theme lol.

and getting it now youll avoid alot of issues other people went through pre patches.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Go rent it and decide for yourself.

I can tell you pizza is awesome and jack sparrow could tell you it tastes like shit, but untill you try it for yourself you'll never know.[/QUOTE]
its not about me not knowing if i should buy or not, its for every bodys thoughts on the game in general.

On a side note:

I would recommend it. I think it's truly amazing. I could see how people lose intrest in it. The core gameplay is pretty basic. Go here take that item here fight dragon talk to this guy fight dragon.

If you like exploring and open world games you will like it. If you get lost in big games and politics you might lose intrest. Some people just get lost in big world games. I love them but I get lost in them and kinda forget what I'm supposed to be doing. Sometimes its fun to play a liner type game where the story keeps you moving along. Again, this is all on you and what you like.

I enjoy just walking around the world and seeing what it has to offer. The exploring aspect is the best I've seen in a game. I'm excited to just wonder and go in every cave or nook I find in the game. This also means I've played the hell out of it but haven't gotten very far ( story wise)

If you're boarder line I'd say go for it. What's the worse thing that could happen? You don't like it trade it.

[quote name='distgfx']Boring.[/QUOTE]

yeah it looks pretty boring, but kind of interesting at the same time. ill just wait and buy it used at gamestop when it hits $20 or $30 bucks. im not in a big hurry to buy it.

Here's an example for me.

Everyone said/says bioshock is amazing you will love it! Best game ever!

Played it five minutes and turned it off. I hated it. I went by reviews. I played it didn't like it. I turned around and traded it out for something eles. I'm no worse off now. I wouldn't have know until I tried it myself.

Both boring and enjoyable. Definitely the kind of game that you can accidentally kill 8 hours with.

You must save CONSTANTLY, though... a hundred different save games. And when something "strange" seems to be happening - Google it immediately. Tons of bugs that will make you want to murder someone if you proceed doing missions after a bug hits. There are three achievements I'll probably never get because I didn't realize a character had bugged out.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Here's an example for me.

Played it five minutes and turned it off. I hated it. I went by reviews. I played it didn't like it. I turned around and traded it out for something eles. I'm no worse off now. I wouldn't have know until I tried it myself.[/QUOTE]

i hear ya.

Played it five minutes and turned it off. I hated it. I went by reviews. I played it didn't like it. I turned around and traded it out for something eles. I'm no worse off now. I wouldn't have know until I tried it myself.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to tell you but that was a dumb move. Bioshock and Bioshock 2 have two of the most interesting and well-told stories in all of videogames, and the amount of customization of your character lets you play the game you want to play.

Just finished Bioshock 2 a few days ago and couldn't stop playing it, went and grabbed a bunch of achievements and even played some multiplayer. The end was just fantastic, and far too many games end with a whimper.

[quote name='bburpee']Both boring and enjoyable. Definitely the kind of game that you can accidentally kill 8 hours with.

You must save CONSTANTLY, though... a hundred different save games. And when something "strange" seems to be happening - Google it immediately. Tons of bugs that will make you want to murder someone if you proceed doing missions after a bug hits. There are three achievements I'll probably never get because I didn't realize a character had bugged out.[/QUOTE]

yeah dude, thats pretty crapy.
thats another reason im not to hype on buying it, but im sure PC gamers dont have that hard of a time with it as ps3 and 360.

[quote name='Alex121006']its not about me not knowing if i should buy or not, its for every bodys thoughts on the game in general.[/QUOTE]

its a very very big game theres too much to cover and i doubt anyone wants to go through it all so you can get some kind of understanding. your best bet is to borrow it or redbox it 2 bucks and you should know in that day if youd want it or not.

or why not look at gameplay videos on youtube i dunno.

Skyrim is not for you. Stick to madden.

If you spent untold hours in Fallout 3 or NV, the structure is very similar. The mechanics aren't great but there is a metric ton of shit to do.

Also, you kill dragons.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I can tell you pizza is awesome and jack sparrow could tell you it tastes like shit, but untill you try it for yourself you'll never know.[/QUOTE]

Jack Sparrow is an idiot. Everyone likes pizza!!!

[quote name='n4styn4t3']If you spent untold hours in Fallout 3 or NV, the structure is very similar. The mechanics aren't great but there is a metric ton of shit to do.

Also, you kill dragons.[/QUOTE]
Thing is, I disliked both Fallout 3 and New Vegas(and Oblivion), yet I liked Skyrim. However, I did nothing but go around looting gold from every place I could once I got to Whiterun for 2-3 hours the one night.

Then I quit out of the game and I haven't played it since, though that also could be because I lent it to my one buddy. He's been playing it for 4-6 hours a day almost every day he's had it. Though now I let him borrow the copy of inFamous 2 that I picked up pre-owned last week from BB, so he's been playing the crap outta that for now.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Javery']Jack Sparrow is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

This thread could get ugly if you don't check yoself Inspector Javery.

[quote name='Javery']Jack Sparrow is an idiot. Everyone likes pizza!!![/QUOTE]

Hey! Nobody talks about cap'n jack like that! Slaps javery across the face.

fucking fun. But there were some gnarly glitches around launch that almost ruined it for me. Things are better now. I miss playing it but I gots to move on to other things.

I personally enjoyed Skyrim, but I can also see how some people would dislike parts of it. I think the thing that really was great for me, was that once the initial story part(that lasts all of 15 minutes) is finished, it was complete freedom. Want to keep the main story going? You can do that or you can also spend the next 60 hours just exploring the world. There are so many things to do in this game.

For some that kind of freedom is boring because it's not really in a guided narrative. The story lines of the quests are ok, nothing mind blowing or all that different, but the freedom to go anywhere is what makes games like this awesome in my opinion. At the same time if you want a great story or a more guided experience, I could see where the open world aspect would not be all that appealing because honestly there were times I was so overwhelmed with quests I didn't really know where to start.

Skyrim is worth trying out at least. For what it tries to do, it is probably the most successful execution of a single player open world game I have played.

I played the PC version and only found one glitch were a texture was missing on a wall. I had no freezes, though the PS3 version is(was? not sure if fixed) supposedly pretty buggy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, I disliked both Fallout 3 and New Vegas(and Oblivion), yet I liked Skyrim. However, I did nothing but go around looting gold from every place I could once I got to Whiterun for 2-3 hours the one night.

Then I quit out of the game and I haven't played it since, though that also could be because I lent it to my one buddy. He's been playing it for 4-6 hours a day almost every day he's had it. Though now I let him borrow the copy of inFamous 2 that I picked up pre-owned last week from BB, so he's been playing the crap outta that for now.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

damn youre a cheap bastard even in the videogame world lol. i bet your speech skill was the first one you upgraded due to haggling over item prices.

[quote name='lokizz']damn youre a cheap bastard even in the videogame world lol. i bet your speech skill was the first one you upgraded due to haggling over item prices.[/QUOTE]
I honestly couldn't tell you what I upgraded first it's been that long(and probably a LOT longer cuz my buddy who's borrowing the game doesn't seem to be playing it anymore since I lent him inFamous 2 as well:whistle2:#).

But as long as it didn't say 'steal' and I wasn't risking getting the Elder Scrolls equivalent of a wanted level I would loot everything I could find, then take it to that village's shopkeeper and sell as much as I could to raise my gold even further.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I honestly couldn't tell you what I upgraded first it's been that long(and probably a LOT longer cuz my buddy who's borrowing the game doesn't seem to be playing it anymore since I lent him inFamous 2 as well:whistle2:#).

But as long as it didn't say 'steal' and I wasn't risking getting the Elder Scrolls equivalent of a wanted level I would loot everything I could find, then take it to that village's shopkeeper and sell as much as I could to raise my gold even further.:lol:[/QUOTE]

lol i cant lie i do the same shit. i take everything that has a 5 dollar value or more and sell it. i spend more time collecting stuff to sell than doing actual missions. right now im at hogwarts trying to figure out how to get to the nearest shop with a horse so i can get a new one since mine died.

ive got a room there so i might just dump all my shit teleport to a horse town and come back.

btw speaking of skyrim have any of you come across that
black goblin that doesnt attack you
? whats its deal?

I'm about 65 hours in, for me the game has started to progressively lose its appeal around the 40th hour mark, but I want to get the full 1000 GS before I get rid of it. Just got a couple misc things that I need to get, but I'm almost done.

Overall it's been a really enjoyable ride, but it gets a little repetitive after you sink so many hours into it in my opinion. I thought the same thing of Oblivion as well. One of my favorite games until I put like 30 hours into it, then it went downhill but it was still fun and addictive enough for me to keep playing.

I'm 50 hours in and I'm really enjoying the game. I didn't expect that I was going to enjoy the game as much as I have because I didn't like fallout, and I got really bored with oblivion...but skyrim really did a great job engaging me into its world and it's overall story.

I'm 65 hours in and I hardly play it anymore. The reason is Bc my quest list is so long and its overwhelming to turn it on and feel like I have a specific goal. I play skyrim when I want to explore and go on epic quests, that's what its all about, the problem lies in the fact that unless u fast travel this can take awhile. If you have lots of free time and like open world games its a must play. Great game with fantastic story, characters, freedom, weapons, gameplay, and graphics. I'm playing on ps3 and the latest patch has really improved how the game runs too, so don't let that deter you. Amazing game, just not for action junkies.

bread's done
Back