Skyrim on PC

Smart Aleck

CAGiversary!
I should probably go ask this question on Tomshardware.com or something, but whatever.

My friend recently got an HP Pavilion Dv6-6150us for college. For those of you that don't want to look it up, here are the specs:

2nd gen. Intel i5-2410m @ 2.3 ghz w/ boost up to 2.9
Intel Hd 3000 graphics
6 GB RAM
750 GB HDD

I'm stuck between getting him the PC version of Skyrim or the 360 version. My main concern is the Intel integrated graphics. I've already googled my problem into oblivion (pun intended) and all I get are mixed answers. Half of the answers I read are:

"Intel HD graphics are teh sux0rz, u can't even pleh on low @ 800x600 resolution"

The other half are:

"It'll run fine if you turn off anti-aliasing and turn everything to low. Intel Graphics aren't the best, but it'll get you running at at least 30 FPS"

30 FPS doesn't sound bad, and I know my friend is not OCD about graphics. So what do you guys think? Will his laptop run it fine, or will it crash and burn pitifully?

360. Make it easier on him. You hand him PC, then he has to start worrying about the damn specifications, and having a game he thanks you for but secretly cannot stand to play. The man is not OCD about graphics, but give him some standards.

bread's done
Back