Skyrim vanilla $40/CE $80 at Gamestop 3-7 thru 3-13

For anyone that has a Meijer store nearby, they also have Skyrim on sale for $39.99 this week.

You can knock an additional $5 off to make it $34.99 (plus tax) if you get it on Saturday with the $5 mPerks digital in-store coupon that's good for $5 off $30 in general merchandise.

I don't know if a price drop is on the way, but my guess is that most places are hoping to push Skyrim during ME3 week because they figure more RPG lovers will be in-store, and therefore might want to get Skyrim while they're at it. That's just a random guess, though.

$80 for CE... so close, yet more to go. $60 in the magic number. They didn't sell out at $80 from newegg so best to hold off unless you have credit to blow.

Newegg had the CE $80 a little while back. It's getting there, but I noticed they didn't sell out either so I am betting it will eventually go lower.

Everyone and their brother seems to have and had Skyrim @ ~ $40 these days. Since Walmart seems to have permanently lowered the price to $39.99 all signs seem to point to it being the new MSRP.

In other words, in both the regular and CE edition, if you were able to hold out this long then it's probably worth holding out a little longer as it will go lower.

[quote name='technicalstylez']just wanna point out that the ce doesn't include a plastic/vanilla case, for those of u who are ocd about that kinda thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's basically like the ME 1 CE/Batman CE/Deus Ex CE's. I had a 2-disk blank case and just put it in that on my shelf and the "official" box in the closet with the box of the dragon statue.

I grabbed the CE when NewEgg had it for $80. That was low enough for me.
I sold the Dragon statue on eBay for $40, so I got both the game and Artbook ( which I really wanted ) for $40, and I was more than happy with that.
I figured when the CE drops to $60, eBay will be flooded with statues, so I'd get a little more if I got mine out earlier.
Glad I got it when I did, because I've been playing it every day.

...and yeah, I didn't like that it came with that cardboard sleeve game case, so I just put it away, and made my own. Games tend to be taken in and out of the console quite a bit in our household, so I didn't want to mess with that every time.

Everyone seems to being doing deals on this, im hoping it will drop even further soon
skyrim

I was happy to get in on this, especially being able to pay for it with flips from Best Buy. ~$40 out of pocket for this CE was nice. And its the PC version, so IDGAF about the disc's case since this game is Steam powered!

...hmm...I can conceivably part this out and get $~$35-40 each after fees on the statue and art book and keep the game gratis...

[quote name='Flacksguy']I grabbed the CE when NewEgg had it for $80. That was low enough for me.
I sold the Dragon statue on eBay for $40, so I got both the game and Artbook ( which I really wanted ) for $40, and I was more than happy with that.
I figured when the CE drops to $60, eBay will be flooded with statues, so I'd get a little more if I got mine out earlier.
Glad I got it when I did, because I've been playing it every day.

...and yeah, I didn't like that it came with that cardboard sleeve game case, so I just put it away, and made my own. Games tend to be taken in and out of the console quite a bit in our household, so I didn't want to mess with that every time.[/QUOTE]You sold it for $40, but did you really make $40? What about ebay and paypal fees? Shipping?

I sold it as a Buy it Now for 48.95, and lucky for me the guy that bought it only lived a couple hours away, so shipping was super cheap.
But yeah if you want to split hairs, with fees it was probably more like $38 bucks.

[quote name='Flacksguy']I sold it as a Buy it Now for 48.95, and lucky for me the guy that bought it only lived a couple hours away, so shipping was super cheap.
But yeah if you want to split hairs, with fees it was probably more like $38 bucks.[/QUOTE]That's what I like. Keep it real man, keep it real :lol: Just giving you a hard time BTW :cool:

[quote name='krashhole']That's what I like. Keep it real man, keep it real :lol: Just giving you a hard time BTW :cool:[/QUOTE]

No problem.
You're right though, it wouldn't have been nearly as good a sale if shipping and fees came out of the $40.

[quote name='kellte2']$38 for a [stupid] plastic dragon is an absolute laugh riot.[/QUOTE]

Actually the Dragon looks kind of nice in person....it was the piece of crap stand thats the problem. It looked like a PlaySkool toy.

But it was all worth the trouble for that ArtBook.
That is one nicely done book. I'd have easily paid $30-$35 for that alone.

[quote name='ShadowJT']A lot skyrim deals lately. Anyone thinks price drop coming soon?[/QUOTE]nope just a sale the days of games holding $60 for months are over for PS3/X360. COD doesn't anymore & it has no reason too.

Ugh, if I didn't already have the superior PC version I would be all over this. I mainly just want the art book. As an artist myself my shelves are littered with art books, many of which from videogames and this would go fantastically with my collection.

I do not feel like dropping $80 on that stuff though... I wouldn't mind dropping $40 for the book and the dragon but really I have no use for the game.

*edit*

Just realized I could get $35 with the 30% +10% pure for the game itself at Gamestop but that means I am looking at about $50 with tax for the statue and book... Ugh I hate being tempted by this kind of stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
The book alone is worth $40 ... it's a really nice art book ... way better than most of the other CE art books I've seen ... at least on par with any of Blizzard's CE art books, if not a bit better.

I probably would have waited til $60 too if i thought there would still be some around then like i did with Halo Reach Legendary Edition. My Gamestop only have one for 360 and i wanted the 360 version because my PS3 version is still kind of janky with bugginess.

The statue base is kinda shitty but the dragon has good definition and soooooo many spikes and talons and pointy bits (its like Doomsday plus a dragon had some weird jagged offspring). You could probably even make a nice stand for it, customize it up some.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Come on PC CE hit $60! I want to play Skyrim with mods!

I currently have the worst of the 3, the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm with you on the PC version. Really hoping for the $60 drop and I'm in! It's kind of funny how peeps bought this at release for $149+, yikes.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Ugh, if I didn't already have the superior PC version I would be all over this. I mainly just want the art book. As an artist myself my shelves are littered with art books, many of which from videogames and this would go fantastically with my collection.

I do not feel like dropping $80 on that stuff though... I wouldn't mind dropping $40 for the book and the dragon but really I have no use for the game.

*edit*

Just realized I could get $35 with the 30% +10% pure for the game itself at Gamestop but that means I am looking at about $50 with tax for the statue and book... Ugh I hate being tempted by this kind of stuff![/QUOTE]You could sell the game for $45-$50 on craiglist depending on the area you live in.

I have a funny feeling a GOTY edition will be coming out possibly in the summer/fall since the price dropped on this so fast and it retails for $39.95 at Wal-Mart now.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I have a funny feeling a GOTY edition will be coming out possibly in the summer/fall since the price dropped on this so fast and it retails for $39.95 at Wal-Mart now.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful since there isn't even an expansion out yet and then that will have to be out for several months before they do a GOTY.

bread's done
Back