Skyward Sword Steelbook at Futureshop *Updated with pics/ordering info*

dancrane212

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://twitter.com/#!/FS_Gamer/status/124181005799141376

I felt that this info deserves of it's own thread. I can't seem to remember the last time a Nintendo game got this treatment, looks like I'll be changing my Zelda pre-order yet again! Hopefully for the last time.

*Update*

Links and image courtesy of iNCREDiPiNOY

10182609.jpg

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo Wii) - $49.99

From the FutureShop Forum...
The steelbook will not be available on the limited edition Zelda Skyward sword bundle as we are close to pre-ordering all the units already. This bundle is extremely limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Faytz']Thanks op. Ordered two >_>;; Going to have to return my e3 order. Also have two of the limited edition... definately have to get rid of some copies on craigslist when I recieve them.

Also have to return my e3 preorder...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is so gay. Gonna need to flip them extra copies unfortunately :(

argh! for some reason I get a "can't be delivered to Québec" error on the steelbook item :wall:

[quote name='neospike']I prefer the regular boxart:

ActtIVUCMAABUM2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't like when they clutter the art with "CD included", "requires Wii motion plus", "25th anniversary" and all that garbage. :sick

[quote name='trippingmartian']I don't like when they clutter the art with "CD included", "requires Wii motion plus", "25th anniversary" and all that garbage. :sick[/QUOTE]

Actually, that is the boxart only for the first print run with the extra music cd. This will be what the box looks like after this initial run:

ogfbt2.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I think this one is the final artwork after initial run.

:lol:
zelda-poster.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that's the best one :)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I think this one is the final artwork after initial run.

:lol:
zelda-poster.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that for a dollar!

[quote name='imad']argh! for some reason I get a "can't be delivered to Québec" error on the steelbook item :wall:[/QUOTE]

Same here, this is absolutely ridiculous! I'm going to Futureshop tomorrow evening and ask them what's up with this.

[quote name='Nukkus']so on your preorder reciepts, does it just list the game, or the steelbook too?[/QUOTE]Sounds like someone wants to pre-order to get the steelbook then return it and keep it along with an earlier order. I would like to know this also.

I don't think steelbook will be on the same order receipt. The steelbook is shipped out separately from the game like other pre-order, unless they change it. On another note FS couldn't get me the steelbook for Batman AC, so they offer a 5% coupon might use it on Skyward Sword. Hope this code works, the Dark Souls code didn't work for me.

[quote name='Fuzzy']Sounds like someone wants to pre-order to get the steelbook then return it and keep it along with an earlier order. I would like to know this also.[/QUOTE]

Um NO? That was frigging rude man. All i wanna know is if my reciept is supposed to show the steelbook, I don't wanna get screwed over like i did with the duke nukem forever steelbook.

My order is showing the game and the steelbook on the pre-order receipt. When I ordered Batman AC during the Labour Day sale, steelbook was offered but it wasn't on the pre-order receipt. Looks like FS thinking of send out steelbooks with the games in one shipment, probably because customer service is getting to many calls about missing steelbooks.

[quote name='trippingmartian']I don't like when they clutter the art with "CD included", "requires Wii motion plus", "25th anniversary" and all that garbage. :sick[/QUOTE]

Luckily the LE does not feature all that on the disc cover:

ntZtH.jpg

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Looks nice except for the white buttons. How could anyone ruin it by putting the condom on that nice gold wiimote tho![/QUOTE]

Feels so much better without the condom imo.

[quote name='Nukkus']Feels so much better without the condom imo.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but you need to be much more careful. The thing can get pretty slippery after playing with it for a few hours.

Nintendo Hosting Interactive Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Pre-launch Event in Toronto

original

Seeing as though this year marks the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, one of the most celebrated gaming franchises ever created, it seems like the perfect occasion to excite fans with a barrage of exciting game announcements. First we had the 3D remake of Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 3DS, then we were given a free download of Four Swords for Nintendo DSi, and now we're mere days away from the most anticipated Wii game of the year -- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

In honour of this new release, Nintendo of Canada is hosting an interactive pre-launch event in Toronto that Legend of Zelda fans will not want to miss. Here is what's happening, and why you need to be there:

Starting on Friday, November 18 through to Sunday November 20, a specially-constructed Skyloft environment will be set-up in the Sears Court located in the Toronto Eaton Centre. Skyloft is the exciting new realm featured in Skyward Sword, situated amongst the clouds high above the land of Hyrule. While visiting Skyloft, eager fans will have the opportunity to meet, interact and snap photos with live Link, Zelda and Lord Ghirahim characters. The exact dates/times of the event are as follows:

Friday, November 18 -- 10:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday, November 19 -- 9:30am - 9:30pm
Sunday, November 20 -- 10:00am - 7:00pm

What's more, the first 150 attendees on Friday and Saturday will each receive a wristband (limit one per person) which gives them the opportunity to purchase The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword bundle. This unique bundle includes a copy of the game, a gold Wii Remote Plus (with the Skyword Sword logo) and a Zelda music CD containing music performed by The Legend of Zelda symphony orchestra. Wristband holders can buy their Skyward Sword bundle on Saturday November 19, a day before the official launch of the game, from 9:00am - 10:00am at Future Shop Yonge & Dundas.

To add a little more excitement before the pre-launch event, Nintendo of Canada has placed Zelda Master Swords in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. The exact locations of the Masters Swords are:

Toronto
Future Shop Yonge & Dundas
Future Shop Eglinton Avenue East

Montreal
Starcité
Banque Scotia

Vancouver
Scotiabank Theatre
SilverCity Riverport

I'll be on-location at the Skyward Sword pre-launch event, so expect more coverage in the days ahead.

-PaulH

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/T...Legend-of-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Pre/ba-p/326974

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Is the event Toronto only, or are the other locations apart of it as well?[/QUOTE]
Toronto @ Sears Court, not Future Shop. ;)

Just a day early? When Europeans will have already gotten the game by Friday. Any discounts or extra loot?

[quote name='trippingmartian']Hope to see some photos of the 'Master Swords', as I won't be anywhere near one.[/QUOTE]
img-sword.png

http://www.nintendo.ca/zelda

[quote name='Mr.']Just a day early? When Europeans will have already gotten the game by Friday. [/QUOTE]
Pirates already got the game days ago. You'd think they wouldn't be so strict with the street date.

[quote name='Mr.']
img-sword.png

http://www.nintendo.ca/zelda[/QUOTE]

Hah, that looks tacky. It looks like there's one at EB in Metrotown, maybe I'll go out tomorrow.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Heads up to Zelda online orderers, both BB and FS just shipped my Wiimote bundles today. Hopefully they do the same for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Mine were both shipped as well. Can't wait!

Well you better, we won't get em til Monday. :(

BTW I just noticed that the Best Buy 800 rewardzone points on the bundle says this in the fine print: *Reward Zone Bonus Points only valid on orders placed after July 22, 2010

This bundle didn't even exist back then, typo?

FS is so weird, i had two orders in place one during e3 and one once they announced the Preorder Bonus and 1 is shipping with Purolator and the other with Canada Post.

[quote name='afterburn999']FS is so weird, i had two orders in place one during e3 and one once they announced the Preorder Bonus and 1 is shipping with Purolator and the other with Canada Post.[/QUOTE]

You ordered one with the steelbook? Does your shipping notice show the steelbook as shipped?

[quote name='Signaldown']You ordered one with the steelbook? Does your shipping notice show the steelbook as shipped?[/QUOTE]

I got my shipping notice today and the steelbook was NOT mentioned.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Well you better, we won't get em til Monday. :(

BTW I just noticed that the Best Buy 800 rewardzone points on the bundle says this in the fine print: *Reward Zone Bonus Points only valid on orders placed after July 22, 2010

This bundle didn't even exist back then, typo?[/QUOTE]

That's just the standard jargon for Rewards Zone bonus points, it always says that.

[quote name='Signaldown']You ordered one with the steelbook? Does your shipping notice show the steelbook as shipped?[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't.

Usually they don't give any notice for pre order bonus.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']is it possible to return the games since it shipped separately?[/QUOTE]
One time Futureshop sent me a game and then in a separate shipment they sent me a free blu-ray that came with the game. When I returned the game I asked if I had to give back the movie and she said that since it wasn't on the receipt for the game then I could keep it. So I think you can keep the case and return the game.

[quote name='retro.elite']Usually they don't give any notice for pre order bonus.[/QUOTE]

Usually, but the steelbook case usually isn't on the check-out receipt either. So we'll see. Given recent events (over the past several months), I'm not going to put any degree of SNAFU past Future Shop.

I made 2 orders for this game, both with FS. The first order that I made back on Oct 27 and has not shipped, the 2nd order that I put in on Nov 13 has shipped.

Hmm on the futureshop page teh steelbook is shown as shipment cancel. Some people on red flag deals called and they said it's a misunderstanding and the steelbook will be shipped on a seperate date... I don't know what to believe >_>;

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Has anyone seen the bundle in person, how is the box? Sturdy or flimsy?[/QUOTE]
It's pretty flimsy. I pre-ordered two bundles to get two steelbooks, but my Futureshop didn't receive their steelbooks yet. They told me to come back on Wednesday and that they would definitely be put on hold for me, but another told me there's no guarantee. I really hate how inconsistent employees are and how they just pull an answer out of their asses to shoo you off.

[quote name='ducksoda7']It's pretty flimsy.[/QUOTE]

Arrrrgh. I'll bet 10$ Future Shop stuck mine in a god damn padded envelope.

I thought you couldn't get the steelbook with the bundle, only the stand alone game. I hope the stores still have stock in case either of my two orders get damaged in the mail. Expecting them tomorrow.

I bought mine from EB, they had that stupid clear sticker on the top to keep them closed. I ripped the box a bit because of it.

I had a preorder at my local futureshop so i could play the game today but when i went to pick it up they said they didn't get any steelbooks and they will be calling everyone who preordered when they will be available.

bread's done
Back