Sleeping Dogs $39.99 @ BBY

[quote name='Fukurou']This game sounds great. Therefore, I'll wait for the GOTY edition. There will be one.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on that edition as well. Same thing goes for Borderlands 2. Here's to the waiting game for those to hit $9.99. Come on PC sales. ;)

[quote name='TaylorM06']Well said. I haven't opened up my copy of Darksiders 2 yet either, and I would still be playing Sleeping Dogs if Borderlands 2 didn't come out yet.[/QUOTE]

I opened it up, got the DLC out and traded it in for $40. I'll probably pick it up when it becomes $20

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm waiting on that edition as well. Same thing goes for Borderlands 2. Here's to the waiting game for those to hit $9.99. Come on PC sales. ;)[/QUOTE]

borderlands is way too good of a game to wait for. I just had to have it. Im kinda rushing through it, so I can trade it in before re6 comes out. Once the GOTY gets released Im def. going to buy that day 1 for sure.

Wait, why do people think there will be a GOTY edition for a sleeper hit with no substantial DLC? That doesn't even make sense.

[quote name='Slowdance']Wait, why do people think there will be a GOTY edition for a sleeper hit with no substantial DLC? That doesn't even make sense.[/QUOTE]
You're the one that doesn't make much sense. Square Enix is going to be updating Sleeping Dogs for 6 months with story driven DLC. The first new story DLC is going to be revealed at October 14 at the NYCC. Can't wait.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Very good game. Picked it up during the TRU buy 2 for $60 alongside with Darksiders II and I have to say I have yet to open Darksiders and have been playing this game all this time. Lots to do and like Red Dead, great great storyline with pretty damn good voice acting. As an Asian myself I was glad that the characters were actually voiced by Asian actors, who are all talented in their own respective work. $40 is a great price for a super fun game with a great storyline and a solid combat system.[/QUOTE]

In before "well duh we're in the US" but I find it hilarious that people are speaking in English when walking around, or in cutscenes, yet the game is in Hong Kong. Totally ruins the realism for me (also in before "it's a game!). Having said that, I'd prefer total subs throughout and even NPCs to speak Cantonese fully, besides them cursing at you like they already do.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']You're the one that doesn't make much sense.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for answering, even though it apparently confused you quite a bit, lol.

definitely one of the best games this year...i'm 90% thru the story...very addictive...not as boring as GTA4

[quote name='Romeo']In before "well duh we're in the US" but I find it hilarious that people are speaking in English when walking around, or in cutscenes, yet the game is in Hong Kong. Totally ruins the realism for me (also in before "it's a game!). Having said that, I'd prefer total subs throughout and even NPCs to speak Cantonese fully, besides them cursing at you like they already do.[/QUOTE]

sorry...you'll hav to experience your asian fantasies somewhere else lol

[quote name='Romeo']In before "well duh we're in the US" but I find it hilarious that people are speaking in English when walking around, or in cutscenes, yet the game is in Hong Kong. Totally ruins the realism for me (also in before "it's a game!). Having said that, I'd prefer total subs throughout and even NPCs to speak Cantonese fully, besides them cursing at you like they already do.[/QUOTE]

Don't a ton of people speak English in Hong Kong?

I can understand if it was set in Beijing or some shit, but Hong Kong's a little different. It used to be British territory.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Don't a ton of people speak English in Hong Kong?

I can understand if it was set in Beijing or some shit, but Hong Kong's a little different. It used to be British territory.[/QUOTE]
Their average English proficiency is slightly higher than the mainland, even taxi drivers can not only get you to your destination but also have a little chat with you, but I assure you that little to none of the street talk is in English. But of course that wouldn't be the case in the game or else most would be driven away.

i heard sleeping dogs is a pretty short game in terms of hrs, compare to other sandbox games like gta , and saints rows the third, so how true is that?

[quote name='honzoh']They'll continue to PM it down as long as it's cheaper/within the return window. Silver Reward members have 60 days[/QUOTE]yep, there's no limit on the # of times you can pm an item .

[quote name='boogie4114']No I am planning to use the coupon on release day but make the pre-orders before hand. Wouldn't I get the $20 since I fulfilled both parts of the promo? (pre-order before release and purchase within 5 days of release)[/QUOTE]yes, that will work then. I just got borderlands 2 on sat. but I didn't p/u of the game @ the store I pre-ordered it at so I still have the $5 pre-order at that store. I will get the $20 regardless but I still wait till the $20 is accounted for BEFORE I return it/move it to another title.

Your strategy combined with b2g1 coupons going forward will allow for exceptional results but keep in mind pm'ing the b2g1 games is gonna be a problem. But when you look at the total it's actually the same thing I go for anyways $40 + $20 credit. So $120 + tax for 3 games would be the same(price) as 3 games pm'd to $40 w/the $20 credits. Try to make sure that the games w/credit aren't the free one if possible.

[quote name='Romeo']Meh, is that any good?

;)[/QUOTE]

Dang I can't stop playing BF3 right now, but I do need to stay away from Borderlands 2 for own/backlogs sake

[quote name='Royal High Knight']borderlands is way too good of a game to wait for. I just had to have it. Im kinda rushing through it, so I can trade it in before re6 comes out. Once the GOTY gets released Im def. going to buy that day 1 for sure.[/QUOTE]

I constantly hear good remarks about that game. I don't want to rush through it though because I don't have that much time for gaming right now. I know the story is much better this time around, but I enjoyed the DLC more than the campaign. I don't mind waiting until I have some free time. Working full time and going to school full time is no joke...

[quote name='honzoh']They'll continue to PM it down as long as it's cheaper/within the return window. Silver Reward members have 60 days[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I'm not special enough to be Silver.

[quote name='fyahbwoy']definitely one of the best games this year...i'm 90% thru the story...very addictive...not as boring as GTA4[/QUOTE]

^THIS!!! As a huge fan of GTA3-San Andreas. I didn't enjoy 4 at all.

[quote name='YBX87']i heard sleeping dogs is a pretty short game in terms of hrs, compare to other sandbox games like gta , and saints rows the third, so how true is that?[/QUOTE]

It is shorter, yes. BUT, it surpasses Saints Row The Third hands down, and personally I think it's better than GTA4.

It's worth $40. It's a no brainer. It's refreshing to have a sandbox type of game that doesn't take 80 hours to do everything.

[quote name='finstersucks']best game I played since uncharted 2. Everything about the game was so refreshing and enjoyable, just couldn't put down the controller. The only negative part I had was driving on the wrong side of the road and the two random encounter missions near the end. But I think they help setup 2. The storyline was great and you really do get emotional attached to some of characters. Its better then Red Dead Redemption, any GTA, and any Assassin Creed to date. Buy the game people, we need a Sleeping Dogs 2. Voice acting was awesome,[/QUOTE

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I loved the game as well. But to say it is better than any Assassins Creed game or even Red Dead, is a stretch. It is good. Entertaining and fun, but not as polished as some of the aforementioned.

Are there only asian people in the game? That seems racist to me. I don't think I can play a prejudiced game regardless of the quality.

[quote name='matrix9280']Are there only asian people in the game? That seems racist to me. I don't think I can play a prejudiced game regardless of the quality.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if serious.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Not sure if serious.[/QUOTE]

Dead serious. Answer the question if you know the answer. Move on to another thread if you do not.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Unfortunately, I'm not special enough to be Silver.[/QUOTE]If your BB has pre-paid visas you can earn silver status pretty easily just buy them & pay your bills.

$100/month cell phone bill would be $1200 towards silver right there add in a car payment, car insurance, water bill, electric bill or just pay for gas. There's really no excuse not to get silver status this way.

[quote name='thegame85']There's a white guy. He is your boss.[/QUOTE]

That's it? No blacks or latinos? Oh well. Better than nothing. I'll make an attempt to play this game.

Thank you for your post.

[quote name='matrix9280']Are there only asian people in the game? That seems racist to me. I don't think I can play a prejudiced game regardless of the quality.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Emma Stone plays the voice of a white American woman visiting the area.

[quote name='ricoraney'][quote name='finstersucks']best game I played since uncharted 2. Everything about the game was so refreshing and enjoyable, just couldn't put down the controller. The only negative part I had was driving on the wrong side of the road and the two random encounter missions near the end. But I think they help setup 2. The storyline was great and you really do get emotional attached to some of characters. Its better then Red Dead Redemption, any GTA, and any Assassin Creed to date. Buy the game people, we need a Sleeping Dogs 2. Voice acting was awesome,[/QUOTE

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I loved the game as well. But to say it is better than any Assassins Creed game or even Red Dead, is a stretch. It is good. Entertaining and fun, but not as polished as some of the aforementioned.[/QUOTE]

First, its a new Ip, what do you expect? Its not going to be perfect, the first time.

I play games like I watch movies. Red Dead is overrated, the game was good, but it got old and boring after the first section. The finish was great, but there was too much filler in between. It dragged on and on like the new King Kong movie, took me 6 months to finish it. And the characters, I couldn't stand any of them, John Marston you grew to hate, because he was stupid and ignorant. He deserved to die, then his son, you had to play the coward son in the end. C'mon man.

I played all the Assassins creed, and gameplay is good, the storyline is horrible, the missions tend to get repetitive (4th game in the series), the characters were bland and boring. I can never remember anybody from the game other than Desmond and Enzo.

Sleeping Dogs was just great, because it played like a movie. A ripoff of Pointe Break and the original Fast and Furious. And they hired real actors to do voice overs, which is a huge plus. Those actors allowed me to buy in to the characters, like Jackie, Wei, and Pendrew. Plus, the game was transitioned smoothly and quickly, they was very little drag or filler. The main character stuck to main storyline, he didn't go into Mexico to extend gameplay. Played the game for 6hrs straight for 2 two days. Best storyline since Heavy Rain.

[quote name='TaylorM06']LOL!

Emma Stone plays the voice of a white American woman visiting the area.[/QUOTE]

And a black rapper kind of reminded me of 50 cent.

Awesome price. Highly recommended. Had it since launch and no regrets.

This is my Game of the Year so far. Bravo Square Enix and United Front Gaming. Please show support if you enjoyed the game and hit up UFG on their twitter. Would love it if they released more content and/or sequel.

Great campaign. Driving is fun. Random beatdown is hilarious especially if you understand Cantonese. No multiplayer, but don't care for it. Tracks stats and compares with your friends.

DLC coming in October.

I had ordered Sleeping Dogs online with in-store pickup. So I went to the store I picked it up at today for the price match and they said they cannot do online order price match. I explained how I picked it up at that very store and they said they cannot do it. Anyone else have this issue??

Traded in saints row for this since they just announced a definitive version with all dlc coming out first week of November

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']I had ordered Sleeping Dogs online with in-store pickup. So I went to the store I picked it up at today for the price match and they said they cannot do online order price match. I explained how I picked it up at that very store and they said they cannot do it. Anyone else have this issue??[/QUOTE]

If you ordered a game online and got it in store. You have to call the 1888 number and tell them you have to price match a game you purchased online. They can't price match something you purchased online, they only price match stuff you purchased in a store.

[quote name='shadowkast']Traded in saints row for this since they just announced a definitive version with all dlc coming out first week of November[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs > Saints Row The Third.

You'll thank yourself later for doing that.

Sleeping Dogs > Saints Row The Third.

You'll thank yourself later for doing that.

I thought SD had 0 replay value. It was a fun game, the last level is one of the best video game levels I've ever played, but it wasn't 'open-world' enough for me.

SR3 I played for weeks, has tons of replay value, and tons more 'open-world' things you can do. SD is a 'better' game, but not in terms of value, imo.

I knew buying the DLC for saints row 3 when it was on sale was a mistake. Same reason I won't be buying Sleeping Dogs until the definitive version releases...piece meal dlc is killing my video game love.

[quote name='honzoh']I thought SD had 0 replay value. It was a fun game, the last level is one of the best video game levels I've ever played, but it wasn't 'open-world' enough for me.

SR3 I played for weeks, has tons of replay value, and tons more 'open-world' things you can do. SD is a 'better' game, but not in terms of value, imo.[/QUOTE]

GTA and SR Definetly have more replay value, and take more time than SD. But like I said To someone else earlier in this thread, it's refreshing to have an open world game that doesn't take 80 hours to beat.

I still have Witcher 2 and Dragons Dogma in the plastic still. Playing Borderlands 2, and still have the Skyrim DLC to play, that's A LOT of hours in 4 games alone, so to have a
20-30 hour sandbox game is A-Okay with me.

bread's done
Back