sleeping dogs $49.99 newegg ps3/ xbox 360

If you're not going to play it right away I'd wait. It's very short (I just beat it off a single day rental from redbox). The price will drop very quickly as there's not really even any replay value just a bunch of side quests and fetch missions. And I could finish those tomorrow if I wanted to pay for the second day's rental.

EDIT: That being said, it was a fun ride and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys GTA style games with a well told story.

[quote name='Woocls']If you're not going to play it right away I'd wait. It's very short (I just beat it off a single day rental from redbox). The price will drop very quickly as there's not really even any replay value just a bunch of side quests and fetch missions. And I could finish those tomorrow if I wanted to pay for the second day's rental.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good $9.99 pickup. Thanks for the comments!

[quote name='kellte2']Sounds like a good $9.99 pickup. Thanks for the comments![/QUOTE]
Sadly, this is the state of the single player game. Doesn't matter how good it is if it's not ~100+ hours of gameplay it'll be bargin bin within 6 months.

[quote name='Woocls']If you're not going to play it right away I'd wait. It's very short (I just beat it off a single day rental from redbox). The price will drop very quickly as there's not really even any replay value just a bunch of side quests and fetch missions. And I could finish those tomorrow if I wanted to pay for the second day's rental.

EDIT: That being said, it was a fun ride and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys GTA style games with a well told story.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll wait for a $30 price tag to pick this up

Great price, great game. It's definitely worth $60.

Edit: I've had the game since Tuesday, put 10 hours in and am 23% done with the story. Sure, if you want to rent it and just do the main missions, you might finish it, but what's the point? It's open world for a reason.

For anyone considering this, know that both the 360 and PS3 versions are sub-HD / neither run at true 720p. The 360 version runs at 1200x720 and ps3 is even worse at 1152x640.

[quote name='Fabrizo']For anyone considering this, know that both the 360 and PS3 versions are sub-HD / neither run at true 720p. The 360 version runs at 1200x720 and ps3 is even worse at 1152x640.[/QUOTE]

Does that even matter? What does that have to do at all with the gameplay, story line or
more important fun factor?

I understand we would all like it to be 720/1080p, but realistically these systems are older and they simply cannot keep up with most tech. Call of Duty and Halo were the same, trust people it's not that serious and something I really don't mind.

Stop looking at life half empty

[quote name='Woocls']Sadly, this is the state of the single player game. Doesn't matter how good it is if it's not ~100+ hours of gameplay it'll be bargin bin within 6 months.[/QUOTE]

With most AAA schlock today I'd settle for ~20 hours. Unfortunately the average seems to be around five or six (and that's including extensive and overproduced cutscenes). And it really doesn't matter how good it is -- if you're going to price something at $60 then you had better actually develop sufficient content for it.

[quote name='FattyBeards']Great price, great game. It's definitely worth $60.

Edit: I've had the game since Tuesday, put 10 hours in and am 23% done with the story. Sure, if you want to rent it and just do the main missions, you might finish it, but what's the point? It's open world for a reason.[/QUOTE]
I've got a play time of 20 hours. I've 100% finished the story, roughly 75% everything else and would guess at about 5 more hours of play time I'll have the rest of the stuff finished. Unfortunately my redbox rental is over in less than 2.

[quote name='Woocls']I just beat it off[/QUOTE]
images

I'm honestly getting tired of these 100+ hour games...To a point, since I do own Skyrim, Witcher 2 AND Dragon's Dogma, I can only say so much, lol! But it's nice to have a good single player game that doesn't require that much time to be invested into to see and do everything. 20-25 hours sounds PERFECT to me.

Only reason I still have Skyrim is to wait for the DLCs to go on sale to play them. But I doubt I'll ever see Dawnguard on sale anytime soon.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm honestly getting tired of these 100+ hour games...To a point, since I do own Skyrim, Witcher 2 AND Dragon's Dogma, I can only say so much, lol! But it's nice to have a good single player game that doesn't require that much time to be invested into to see and do everything. 20-25 hours sounds PERFECT to me.

Only reason I still have Skyrim is to wait for the DLCs to go on sale to play them. But I doubt I'll ever see Dawnguard on sale anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
I have no problem with a 20-25 hour game. In fact I enjoy a good linear story much more often than I enjoy loose open-ended sandbox tales. My complaint is that for my entertainment value per dollar $50 is too high. I'd bite on this at $30 if I hadn't already rented it. I'd compare it to max payne 3. I loved that game (like 8.5/10 good) but wouldn't have paid over $30 for it.

[quote name='Woocls']I have no problem with a 20-25 hour game. In fact I enjoy a good linear story much more often than I enjoy loose open-ended sandbox tales. My complaint is that for my entertainment value per dollar $50 is too high. I'd bite on this at $30 if I hadn't already rented it. I'd compare it to max payne 3. I loved that game (like 8.5/10 good) but wouldn't have paid over $30 for it.[/QUOTE]

I can agree on that, but sandbox games can be a blast also, I guess I'm a fan of both.

$60 for games is ridiculous as it is, but, it's either buy them or don't. Would you say this is better than MP3? I paid $60 for MP3 (From BBY, so I did get a $20 e-gift certificate for preordering it) and I'm willing to spend $50-60 for a game if I think it's worth it.

I just grabbed this for $45 from Fred Meyers. It's the best GTA-esque game I've ever played. The gameplay is fantastic, specifically the combat, and the story is damn good. I cannot recommend it enough!

Definitely one of my favorite GTA style games. It's like GTA4 but without the pretentious as hell crappy Houser writing.

Oh and every mission is good.

[quote name='Zaku77']I just grabbed this for $45 from Fred Meyers. It's the best GTA-esque game I've ever played. The gameplay is fantastic, specifically the combat, and the story is damn good. I cannot recommend it enough![/QUOTE]

How did you get it for $45 at FM? I don't see it in their weekly ad

[quote name='TaylorM06']I can agree on that, but sandbox games can be a blast also, I guess I'm a fan of both.

$60 for games is ridiculous as it is, but, it's either buy them or don't. Would you say this is better than MP3? I paid $60 for MP3 (From BBY, so I did get a $20 e-gift certificate for preordering it) and I'm willing to spend $50-60 for a game if I think it's worth it.[/QUOTE]
I felt like $40 was a good price for MP3 but it had a good multiplayer. I would wait for this to hit $30 before I scoop it up. Even if they'd just had multiplayer racing or something like that I'd have recommended it at a higher price.

[quote name='Woocls']I felt like $40 was a good price for MP3 but it had a good multiplayer. I would wait for this to hit $30 before I scoop it up. Even if they'd just had multiplayer racing or something like that I'd have recommended it at a higher price.[/QUOTE]

I'm torn because the order $50 for in store pick up get $10 back at BBY ends this month. So I kind of want to do that with 3-4 games (Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, Transformers FFC, etc) get $30-40 back, and hope they go on sale within 60 days since I'm a silver member so I can price match them.

Back in my day, most games could be beat in 30 minutes to an hour (NES) and could cost up to $70 (Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo / SNES) and seemed to never go on sale.

You kids don't know how nice you have it. :cool:

[quote name='mindatlarge']Back in my day, most games could be beat in 30 minutes to an hour (NES) and could cost up to $70 (Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo / SNES) and seemed to never go on sale.

You kids don't know how nice you have it. :cool:[/QUOTE]
ok, so technically you could beat several NES games in 30 mins but that's after days of practice and memorization. Some of them are still too hard for me to beat (Shinobi I'm looking at you...) And just cause 1 game was $70 doesn't mean the rest of them were. I can point to the Loot Chest version of Borderlands 2 and say that games could cost up to $150 now and it'll never go on sale.

bread's done
Back