Purple Flames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
"I'm clean, and I'm mean, and my pocket's full'a green!"

Slick.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKF6FhEP4zw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JJSP']No one else could take the One Man Gang and make him a black man.[/quote]

I actually tried to put that into the OP, but I can't figure out how to embed more than one video.

I scored the sweetest thing ever from a goodwill

A paperback Have a Nice day for 88 cents...mint

Pretty cool eh?

Then I open up the cover and in black marker its says "To Alan -Mick Foley"

I checked his signature and it looks to be the real deal.

I'll post a picture here soon its pretty sweet.

[quote name='JJSP']Kenny King?

Joey Ryan > Kenny King.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Ryan work but I enjoyed the hell out of King hogging the limelight. It's face time!

With the way they're building Ryan, I think they're more than giving Ryan a shot.

Also Paul London was supposed to debut with TNA but he canceled on the company tonight.

Trevor Murdoch
debuted at the TNA tapings last night under a different name. I would have guessed that
Cade
would have been hired by them first, but he obviously has his problems that he's trying to fix.

I'm more interested in Trevor Murdoch's new name than anything else I remember from the Impact spoilers.

Lockdown thoughts -

I was pretty excited about this show a week+ ago, but the final product didn't live up to the hype. The show was mostly pretty boring, although the women's title match was one of the better ones in recent memory, and memorable to both the Kong dive and Love being knocked loopy by the high cross body off the top rope from Wilde. The DOOMSDAY CHAMBER OF BLOOD!!!!!! made its return, and was nearly as unintentionally comedic the second time as it was the first, when Abyss won without making AJ bleed. Here, the comedy was due to Abyss looking fatter than usual, and Tenay acting shocked that Dr. Stevie was Stevie Richards and acting more astonished each time he yelled this loudly. The 3D-Beer Money match was certainly a crowd-pleaser, and the right team went over. Beer Money came off looking great despite losing, and 3D winning made the crowd incredibly happy. It was the right decision given the city and the final angle heading into the show made it clear that they should win - 3D had to get revenge and they did.

Could they please just reveal Taz as Joe's mentor so Joe can get back to not being a complete joke as quickly as possible? And while they're at it, give Christopher Daniels his full name back. "Daniels" sounds horrid and it isn't the kind of one-word name that sounds good - much like that one week where Michael Shane had to be called "Michael" on Impact because of Mike Shane (one of TNA's wrestling cocks) signing with WWE.

Lethal Lockdown itself was pretty boring, except for the spot where AJ jumped off the top of the cage and none of the MEM guys caught him. It wasn't even as visually striking as Suicide's dive off the top of the cage TO THE FLOOR in the opening fucking match, so why do it? And even there, the security guys caught him. AJ just went THUD and it probably won't even make a highlight reel video later because the dive looked bad. God, what a dumb move that was on a number of levels.

The highlight of this whole thing was the post-match with Lashley coming out and for the first time ever, largely due to the excellent theme and video for him, Lashley actually seemed exciting to me. Then he came out and that feeling kinda went away, but not entirely - I can get behind an Angle-Lashley feud. Lashley could certainly have good matches with Angle, and would definitely learn from them. Hopefully he signs a deal with TNA - I'm sure any MMA group he works for won't have any trouble with him working there since they'd no doubt ask that TNA plug a show he's on on their TV, which would likely expose it to many more new possible buyers.

Sting-Foley/Cactus was about what I expected - good and intense at times, and hurt by age and injuries taking their toll on the wrestlers in the match. It was definitely not up to the standard of their WCW work, although Foley looked better here than he had before in TNA and Sting...tried. He's been so awesome for the past six or so months, and it saddens me to see his reign end. However, at least it ended in what was easily the most-hyped match of his time as champion, and more than any other world title reign he's had in TNA, this one did seem significant.

Plus, the match ended with a highlight reel-worthy moment - Foley doing a Flair flop off the halfway point during a climb down the cage and landing right on his face. The "veteran wins the big one once again in Philly" story reminded me a bit of Terry Funk winning the belt at Barely Legal, minus any genuine emotion because Tenay is incapable of showing that on-air, and Foley wasn't even able to do a celebration in the crowd. Instead, he just kind of laid there injured and then they went to the wacky AJ/Gears of War ad that felt incredibly out of place.

Really good Raw this week - one of the best of the year, actually. The opening segment was just plain awesome, even with a few verbal flubs. I'm excited to see Jericho vs. Steamboat at the PPV. Hopefully WWE didn't just spring this on Steamboat so he actually has time to do some cardio, which has been his only weakness since his mini-comeback. Beyond that, the segment built to another really good Jericho vs. Cena match. It's impossible for these two to have anything less than that it would seem, and the major reversal stuff here was awesome - in particular the flying legdrop>Walls one.

After such a good match, the DQ finish sorta seems like a copout, but the run-in allowed for the 900th Edge-Cena PPV match to be built up, which is good, as I'd completely forgotten about it. I liked seeing Ted DiBiase show some backbone, and I'm glad they replayed a bit of his Superstars match with Batista. That was the closest thing he's had to a star-making match, and the replay of both that and the Super Shane match made Superstars seem somewhat significant. Hopefully they keep the momentum for both of those things going, as DiBiase deserves better than being lost in the shuffle on Raw and Superstars (and ECW, and SD) deserve to be made to seem important in some way.

The Santino segment was fantastic. The Marellas are honorable people and fine poets. Sure, it's a bait and switch to have the Khali Kiss Cam segment on PPV, but honestly, the PPV needs more filler, and this should at least be entertaining once. Hopefully, they don't give it too much PPV time though - that's been the death of many WWE PPV comedy segments and Santino deserves good material for a rare PPV appearance.

HHH-Orton was way better than their 'Mania match. The crowd didn't seem to be any more into it, which is a shame, because here, they actually delivered a really good, satisfying match. The addition of weapons made it seem like a more serious affair and added to the drama. Plus, it led to some neat spots - like the DDT from the apron to the steps on the floor tease, which itself led to Orton taking a sick bump on the steps that appeared to knock the wind out of him. The run-ins at the end certainly built up the PPV well, and continued the Batista heel turn tease and allowed Orton to pin HHH. I hope that they actually do turn him, as he's incredibly boring as a face and being a heel would at least be something different for him.

As far as Jeff Hardy goes, I hope he does what he wants. He's had an incredible year, but getting off the road would probably be a good long-term move for him given his drug problems. However, he's in an incredible position right now - he's got more leverage than most regarding negotiations, so I could see him re-signing to a big-money deal - possibly including some time off when it's needed.

Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich - NWA Title - St. Louis 1-25-85
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90BM65A6

Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich - Hawaii - 10-12-85 - 1 hour match - considered by some to be their best match together.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VODZ0GXE

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
Trevor Murdoch
debuted at the TNA tapings last night under a different name. I would have guessed that
Cade
would have been hired by them first, but he obviously has his problems that he's trying to fix.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that the dude that use to do a bootleg version of the Canadian Destroyer? If so that is too funny when does his finisher if that will still be it since Petey isn't around TNA anymore.

[quote name='cdeener']Isn't that the dude that use to do a bootleg version of the Canadian Destroyer? If so that is too funny when does his finisher if that will still be it since Petey isn't around TNA anymore.[/quote]

Yes he is. I still cringe whenever I think about the time he tried it and nearly ended Matt Hardy's career.

I'm quite serious when I say one of my favorite promos (if you can call it that) ever was during one of the year in review shows they used to do on Superstars of Wrestling - I believe it was the 1987 year-end one. Before going to break they had these brief sound bites from various wrestlers regarding what they will remember 1987 for or what they were looking to do in 1988. So they're going from the British Bulldogs saying they are going to take a bite out of the WWF in 1988 or whatever, and Slick is next. His promo is like...3 seconds long.

"MON-NAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

Youtube has failed me on this so far. I pray it shows up someday.

Danielson looks way too much like Chris Sabin when he has that hair.

Also, Trevor Murdoch's name in TNA is Outlaw Jethro Holliday

[quote name='diddy310']Danielson looks way too much like Chris Sabin when he has that hair.

Also, Trevor Murdoch's name in TNA is Outlaw Jethro Holliday[/quote]

sounds like the name of a punk band that would have some early 90s limited EP vinyl that my old roommate would make listen to and the album would be called "piss.blood.whiskey" or something like that

Ehh, better than 90 percent of the names WWE is slapping on FCW guys at random. At least it matches his gimmick.

The only thing better than Scott Steiner using a pogo stick mid match is Tenay yelling "Steiner just got clotheslined off the pogo stick!!" with more emotion than he's shown in years.

[quote name='diddy310']Also, Trevor Murdoch's name in TNA is Outlaw Jethro Holliday[/QUOTE]

Thank the heavens they didn't go with the name "Outlaw Jethro Tull." ;)

Uuuhhhh.... uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I got nothing to contribute here.... but this......

steinerpogo.gif

.... okay, that's not really any contribution to this thread either. ;)

If he had climbed the barricade and interfered in a match he could've included himself in the next Botchamania and potentially created some kind of tear in reality. Shit would've been tight.

TNA delivered a hilarious show this week, with the Beautiful People delivering in every segment they were in, Foley just acting wacky during his little vignettes shot during the week, and the ad for the TNA Mobile game showing it to be goofy-looking. No matter how funny that stuff was though, nothing can top Scott Steiner bouncing on a pogo stick. Foley calling him "Mr. Pogo" just added to the comedy. God was Foley ever great on commentary, and DW was amusing as well by acting like Heenan a bit during his defense of Nash using the giant elbow pad during the match.

Match-wise, this was a good show as well. Beer Money vs. Lethal Consequences was about as good as could be expected - with Beer Money acting far more serious than usual and not doing any comedy spots. They were all business here, and it worked at making the tag titles they just lost seem like a bigger deal. AJ-Nash was also pretty good, if a bit short. Nash did way more than I expected given that he's just come back from the staph infection, and like with Angle and Joe, Nash had yet another good match with some memorable moments. Jarrett vs. Steiner was also pretty good - not a classic, but it was a perfectly fine hardcore match with a lot of funny moments both oin the match and on commentary. It would have been nice if Jarrett's supposed torn hamstring meant anything in it, but that's not a huge deal. As a story point "Foley's so nuts he DESTROYED A 20 YEAR FRIENDSHIP!", it worked.

The Daniels interview and Jethro Holliday's TNA return was nice as well. Holliday didn't do much, and I'm not sure why they'd have EY win with a crucifix when the chance to have Holliday shine by doing his Canadian Destroyer-ish move was right there and would have at least let him stand out in some way. Oh well, at least he's got a regular gig again on a major stage. Now, while I liked the show as a whole, I still have no idea what on Earth the Ultimate Sacrifice match is beyond being a 4-way with some goofy name attached to it.

Screens -
Foley after Jarrett explains Ultimate Sacrifice...

Quotes -
Ad Guy - On Sunday, BOBBY LASHLEY SHOCKED THE UNIVERSE WITH HIS ARRIVAL IN TNA! A SEISMIC SHIFT HAS SHAKEN TNA TO ITS CORE!
Love - EVERYONE CAN KISS OUR SWEET, SWEET ASSES! WOOOOO! (Madison throws confetti onto Lauren)
Velvet - And what sweet, sweet asses they are!
(after an Electric Chair drop)DW - Taylor Wilde is taking her back on her back!
Tenay - ONE OF THE DANCIING BOYS JUST GOT THROTTLED BY KONG!
Tenay - Nash says that because of Jenna Morasca OF SURVIVOR AMAZON, he’s not gonna have any ring rust tonight!
DW - The Legends title should go back to a legend - Kevin Nash is a legend.
DW - Nash wears the arm pad to protect AJ - that’s the kinda guy he is. He’d love to have that thing off - it’s cumbersome, but he’ll find a way to deal with it.
Tenay - DIDJA SEE THAT!? HE SWUNG AROUND WITH THAT ELBOW!
DW - There’s no substitute for seven feet, buddy.
Tenay - “THE OUTLAW” JETHRO HOLLIDAY MAKING HIS IMPACT ZONE DEBUT!
Lauren - Tell me, Dr. Stevie, when did you become a psychiatrist, or were you studying to be one when you were in ECW!?
Stevie - Lauren, I could hang all those diplomas on the wall, but what does a piece of paper really mean? Does a piece of paper measure a man’s intelligence?
Stevie - Lauren, I’m a recovering addict as well. Chris isn’t a puppet - he’s like a brother to me, and he’s been one for a long time.
(after Steiner bounces on a pogo stick)Foley - Let’s call Scotty Mr. Pogo!
Tenay - I never thought I’d say this… Steiner was clotheslined right off the pogo stick!
(Steiner lifts up a Santa toy)Foley - I bought that out here just so I could say… HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS!
(after Jeff does a double-arm DDT)Foley - It’s one thing for him to have a peanut butter and jealousy sandwich, but it’s another to steal my semi-finishing maneuvers. What’s next? Is he gonna pull out a sock?
Foley - Jeff, you don’t poop on my parade, and I won’t put you in matches that limit your lifespan.
Jarrett - Foley, next time I see you, I’m gonna shove a pink slip up your damn ass! (Lashley comes out)

[quote name='Purple Flames']Speaking of Botchamania, here's 74. It's actually really good:
[/QUOTE]

:lol: @ Great Muta - volunteer firefighter.

bread's done
Back