Slight DS Emergency...

A7las

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well, I'm trying not to panic, but here goes.
I'm currently studying abroad in London, and I thought I had everything in order in terms of electrical adapters. On the Nintendo DS charger it does not say that it is rated for 240v, meaning that I would need a converter in order to use the charger. So I got a converter which seems to work fine with most small electronics. However, it won't charge my DS! I tried a simple adapter as well to see if maybe the DS charger is rated for 240v but doesn't say it. That was a no go as well.
So what is the deal?? I can't understand why the DS won't charge. Where should I go from here? Is it possible to just go out and buy a European DS charger? If so... any ideas of where I should go?

Please help, Jake and the gang in Advance Wars depend on you! (Yeah, that was cheesey, but it's true.)

Well... I couldn't wait for a response so I went to the local game store, appropriately named "Game". I bought a European charger for about $12.60. I have it plugged in now, and it seems to be charging fine. There are no signs of smoke and it doesn't seem to be getting very hot, so I think it is safe to say that it was a success.

Thanks anyway!

DS Charger is not rated for 240v, if you plugged it straight into the wall ever you could have possibly fried the charger and now it won't work at all. You can buy European chargers, I forget the name of the game chain there, I'm pretty sure it has game in the name though. Read www.gamesindustry.biz or eurogamer.net and it might have the name somewhere. If you find one, those will most likely only work there and not in the US.

[quote name='Heyricochet']DS Charger is not rated for 240v, if you plugged it straight into the wall ever you could have possibly fried the charger and now it won't work at all. You can buy European chargers, I forget the name of the game chain there, I'm pretty sure it has game in the name though. Read www.gamesindustry.biz or eurogamer.net and it might have the name somewhere. If you find one, those will most likely only work there and not in the US.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I tried using a converter...

[quote name='A7las']On the Nintendo DS charger it does not say that it is rated for 240v, meaning that I would need a converter in order to use the charger. So I got a converter which seems to work fine with most small electronics.[/QUOTE]

I also said that I had bought a European DS charger... however, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were typing your response to my first post before you saw my second one. Thanks anyway.

Ask for hep and then just ignore up anyways.

You couldn't wait longer than 5 minutes? I mean come on. You went out and bought a thing in 1:40 minutes. Why did you ask us at all?

bread's done
Back