Slim Issues

Krunks

CAGiversary!
I don't if anyone else has had this problem, but since at least april my 250GB slim has been constantly shutting itself down' with no real rhyme or reason. I sent it in for repairs but it was sent back saying there were no issues, but the problem has persisted and now i can barely play a few minutes before it turns off. Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it since MS seems to have no clue?

The slim will shut itself down if it gets too hot. Do you have it in an enclosed cabinet? Try taking it out of the cabinet, if so, and see if the problem goes away. Ditto for the power supply. Make sure that isn't in a tightly enclosed space.

Check the power supply and see if the light is turning red when the shutoff happens. If it is, you need a new power supply. Seems to be a pretty common problem with the slims. Also, is the power supply somewhat noisy or whisper quiet? Usually the noisier ones are the ones with issues.

Errr... my slim power supply's light stays red even if it's unplugged from the wall and I've had no issues with it. I believe the power supply holds a charge, presumably due to a giant capacitor, for a while after being unplugged. Note that it's also red when plugged in. It's simply red whenever there is power in the thing, including after unplugging for some unknown (to me) length of time. Or do you mean something else when you say it turns red?

its not noisy; its orange after it shuts off; its inconsistent; sometimes i can play for hours no problem, others it will shut off after min of playing. if it continues, ill prob just have to pay for a new power supply as i tried to open the power supply and i think two of the screws got stripped for some reason or the tool just cant catch the two left

also its not enclosed; its on the bottom shelf of a tv stand thats open; now its upright outside the tv stand

bread's done
Back