Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $9.99 at Newegg (PS3 + Vita cross-buy) **Currently OOS**

Dang I already have the digital game on Vita...I wonder if anyone would want to go 50/50 on this with me and I'd get the PS3 and they would get the Vita copy...

The Vita cross-buy is not a code. It's authorized by the disc
I know. It is still very easy to share. Method A: Person A gets the disc, gets the Vita game, then sends it to person B. Method B: Person A let's person B log into their PSN account, register the game and then deletes their PSN account from their PS3. Now that you can remotely deactivate a PS3 via the website there is zero risk involved in doing it via method B.

Thanks, OP. I recently bought a Vita after the price drop so I have been buying most of the decent cross buy games.  This made a perfect addition.

I have this feeling that this will be a black friday price.  But I'm gonna bite because I won't have to fight the black friday traffic.

Sweet, thanks great deal, horrible person (i hate clowns and Pennywise is the worst)

Saw this while loading stuff onto my phone, btw i fuckin hate the usb protocol used by the galaxy S3.

Just got my PS3 so I have a lot of good games to catch up on. under $10 with no tax is a great price for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a fun game and my son really enjoys it. I bought a used PS3 copy a while back for 7 bucks. Downloaded the cross-buy Vita version and then resold the PS3 version for $15. Nothing wrong with getting paid 8 bucks for the Vita version. lol

Game is pretty fun. It has a double platinum but it uses cross-save so you only have to plat it once then load your save on the other version. I traded my PS3 disk in after redeeming the vita voucher personally.

Got one.  A nice consolation after missing out on everything from their "gaming week" sale, in which everything desirable sold out instantly.

Thanks, OP.

Great game, great price.

I know. It is still very easy to share. Method A: Person A gets the disc, gets the Vita game, then sends it to person B. Method B: Person A let's person B log into their PSN account, register the game and then deletes their PSN account from their PS3. Now that you can remotely deactivate a PS3 via the website there is zero risk involved in doing it via method B.
All of that to save $5? I know we're on CAG, but that's just silly. And you still have to pay for shipping between the two of you. Maybe I'm just not cheap enough to see the value in this scenario amid all the hassle...

Thanks OP, now waiting to pick up PS All-Stars for PS3 at this price.

Thanks, OP--I ordered one.

EDIT: What the...? I immediately got an out-of-stock notification after placing the order, yet it's not showing up as out of stock on the site... :bomb: :wall:

Yep:

We regret to inform you that your order has been voided due to insufficient stock. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled.

Sweet, thanks great deal, horrible person (i hate clowns and Pennywise is the worst)
Saw this while loading stuff onto my phone, btw i fuckin hate the usb protocol used by the galaxy S3.
Just got my PS3 so I have a lot of good games to catch up on. under $10 with no tax is a great price for this.
I agree completely. That was one of the annoyances with that phone. Another annoying thing was how I had to unlock the WiFi power save mode every time I restarted my phone. Moving on, I'd buy this now instead of waiting to PM it. Same thing happened to me when Newegg had Army Corps Of Hell for $9.99.

Thanks, OP! I'm playing through the Sly Collection right now, so this will be great to instantly jump into right after I complete it.

According to the thread the deal lasted almost 5 hours, even for a game with such a small following and little hype that's got to be a record for Newegg.

Thanks, OP--I ordered one.

EDIT: What the...? I immediately got an out-of-stock notification after placing the order, yet it's not showing up as out of stock on the site... :bomb: :wall:
First time using Newegg I see?

Im struggling to resist. This has "instant game collection" written all over it so I must continue to resist...
I wouldn't count on that for the PS3 version. Not with PS4 on it's way here, I don't care what Sony says I don't see them supporting the PS3 beyond 2014, and they are probably going to want to push games on PS+ that have more DLC.

I could totally see this going "free" for the Vita down the road, but remember the Vita version has significantly poorer graphics.

Damnit, I just missed it. It was available when I was on the train on the way to work. All well, I got Tales of Xillia to finish and GTA 5 to start. Has anyone tried price matching at Amazon?

According to the thread the deal lasted almost 5 hours, even for a game with such a small following and little hype that's got to be a record for Newegg.

First time using Newegg I see?

I wouldn't count on that for the PS3 version. Not with PS4 on it's way here, I don't care what Sony says I don't see them supporting the PS3 beyond 2014, and they are probably going to want to push games on PS+ that have more DLC.

I could totally see this going "free" for the Vita down the road, but remember the Vita version has significantly poorer graphics.
Considering MS plans on releasing 180 games over 3 years for the 360 AFTER the XboxOne releases I would expect plenty of support from Sony for the PS3. PS2 was in production for 12 years. You don't just up leave 78 million customers a year after releasing a new system. There is money to be made.

Considering MS plans on releasing 180 games over 3 years for the 360 AFTER the XboxOne releases I would expect plenty of support from Sony for the PS3. PS2 was in production for 12 years. You don't just up leave 78 million customers a year after releasing a new system. There is money to be made.
Are we talking about the same system? PS2 all but died within a year after PS3 launched, aside from a bit of shovelware here and there and the very occasional half decent title (and even then, most of those were simply ports made for the Wii). And that was WITH the BC that PS3 had with PS2, and the fact that the PS2 was the best selling system ever. Just because they kept pumping out systems and "Greatest Hits" games doesn't mean that the system was truely alive. So, by your logic, the Wii is still alive and well just because the console is still being produced, even though it hasn't recieved a noteworthy title in months (Pandora's Tower), or for most gamers years (Skyward Sword).

No, I see no chance of PS3 getting any real support after 2014 unless, like PS2, it's getting ports of WiiU versions of games, but given how poorly those sold I doubt WiiU/PS3 will even get that. Sony can say whatever they want, and I've no doubt the fanboys will eat it up, but there is a huge difference between reality and PR statements.

Last edited:
Wow, such a great game for the price! I bought it at full price when it came out and it was really fun revisiting a time when this type of game was on top. I miss these 3d, platforming, adventure games.

bread's done
Back