smack shopping anybody ever seen this?

gaelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
http://www.jellyfish.com/sotd

a guy emailed me this link today. it was an interesting time killer at work. its hard to explain, but once you see it in action, it is pretty self explanatory.

basically you log in at the listed time. they began posting deals. the timer counts down along with the price discount. you buy when you want at the discount you choose. the availability is based on when you pull the trigger on the purchase. example you have a better chance buying at 15% discount rather than at 40% discount since it is based on availability.

the secondary part of this process is you can guess at the ending discount in the comments section, the smack talk, which is a sort of chat. if you are the closest guesser you win a chance to spin the deal wheel to get a prize such as a t shirt, $5 cash back, etc. the last deal today, the user that guessed the correct discount won a wii and a t shirt via the wheel spin thing.

one of the two deals i watched was a xbox 360 core system. the ending discount was 40% off their store price of $338 (i know it is inflated from msrp). the ipod shuffle was a little more reasonable ~$76 and it ended with a pretty decent discount as well...$20 off i think.

like i said, it was an interesting time killer that i'll check out again. i think it takes watching a deal or two to figure out what the hell is going on, but it might prove to be a pretty decent deal catcher. the other part of the site is buying things and accumulating cash back, but it only seems to be worth it if you buy a shit ton of stuff on a regular basis.

bread's done
Back