Smackdown vs. Raw 07 Roster Revealed (Legends Revealed)

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://igo.ampednews.com/news/4600/

Superstars:
Batista
The Big Show
Bobby Lashley
The Boogeyman
Booker T
Candice Michelle
Carlito
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Beniot
Chris Masters
Daivari
Edge
Eugene
Finlay
The Great Khali
Gregory Helms
Hardcore Holly
JBL
Jillian Hall
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Johnny Nitro
Kane
Ken Kennedy
Kid Kash
Kurt Angle
Lance Cade
Lita
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Melina
Mickie James
Paul Birchill
Psicosis
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Snitsky
Super Crazy
Torrie Wilson
Trevor Murdoch
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Umaga
The Undertaker
Viscera
Vito
William Regal

Non-Playable Characters:
Jerry Lawler
Jim Ross
Jonathan Coachman
Lillian Garcia
Michael Cole
Mike Chioda
Nick Patrick
Shane McMahon
Stephanie McMahon
Tazz
Theodore Long
Tony Chimmel
Vince McMahon

WWE Legends

Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Cactus Jack
Dude Love
Dusty Rhodes
Eddie Guerrero
Hulk Hogan
Jerry Lawler
Jim Neidhart
Mankind
Mr. Perfect
The Rock
Roddy Piper
Shane McMahon
Steve Austin
Tazz

Haven't seen this posted in the forums from a search. The legends haven't been revealed just yet, but there's 51 superstars to judge in the meantime. I like the amount of new guys that they've added to the roster with the returning veterans and superstars. I can't wait to play the game when it comes out in a few months. Good list or not? Who's missing and what legends are you hoping for?

Nice! The build I have only has Triple H, Cena, Sheldon, Kurt, and Mysterio in it. I hope Vito has his dress (I never thought I'd say that).

I never wrestle as the women, but it's a shame the hot Maria is not included. How about Armando Alejandro Estrrrrada? Simon Dean? James Gibson would've been nice, to form the Pitbulls. I realize the Highlanders are too new, but they crack me up.

I can't believe there's no Kendrick/London! That's probably the biggest slight of all. Those guys are great. Almost seems like Johnny Ace did the roster -- screwing the little guys.

Posted in the wrestling thread. No Simon Dean is kinda sad, but thank god for no Umaga and the other big fat guy. Bummed that there's no Dreamer or Sabu - Maybe for season mode.

How's the controls on your build, VL? I know they said it was a big change.. for the better or for the worse? I'm dying to play this game.

Umaga is on the list, Scorch. As for the "other fat guy," I can only think of Viscera or Big Show, and both are on the list.

I hope the legends are given more prominence this time around; they did a helluva job adding new WWE guys to the roster, but they could sell so many more copies if they invested time and effort into building on the legends, IMO.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Nice! The build I have only has Triple H, Cena, Sheldon, Kurt, and Mysterio in it. I hope Vito has his dress (I never thought I'd say that).

I never wrestle as the women, but it's a shame the hot Maria is not included. How about Armando Alejandro Estrrrrada? Simon Dean? James Gibson would've been nice, to form the Pitbulls. I realize the Highlanders are too new, but they crack me up.

I can't believe there's no Kendrick/London! That's probably the biggest slight of all. Those guys are great. Almost seems like Johnny Ace did the roster -- screwing the little guys.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... also it's a shame Victoria isn't included, or any of the Spirit Squad.

And once again, Vince and Shane McMahon aren't playable... they've been in the last 200 Raw shows wrestling, it seems, it's a huge oversight they aren't playable.

No Tag Team Champions, yet you can play as Great Khali or Boogeyman? Oh goody. I'll stick with my import King of Colosseum 2, it's got Benoit in it too ;)

Damn. I missed over Umaga, and Khali's in it too (that's who I meant by the other fat guy, he's probably not fat but i wouldn't know, don't watch SmackDown).

At least there's no spirit squad.

[quote name='Scorch']Damn. I missed over Umaga, and Khali's in it too (that's who I meant by the other fat guy, he's probably not fat but i wouldn't know, don't watch SmackDown).

At least there's no spirit squad.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised by there being no Spirit Squad. Aren't they still tag champs?

[quote name='Scorch']Damn. I missed over Umaga, and Khali's in it too (that's who I meant by the other fat guy, he's probably not fat but i wouldn't know, don't watch SmackDown).

At least there's no spirit squad.[/quote]
If Yuke's hasn't upped the number of wrestlers on screen past six, that could be a reason for it.

Since the game is on the 360, what are the chances of new wrestler packs for download? Seems like an interesting possibility if it's not too expensive.

I didn't notice that the tag champs weren't in the game, that sucks since both have been around for a while and Paul London was in last year's game.

Downloadable wrestlers? OFFICIAL ones? Nil. Why release wrestlers for download when they can just work on the next game? I'd love to see a CAW hub though where we could download other people's CAWs.

[quote name='Scorch']How's the controls on your build, VL? I know they said it was a big change.. for the better or for the worse? I'm dying to play this game.[/QUOTE]

It was the first time I had to call THQ asking them how to play. As I say in my preview (link to my coverage thread in my sig), a lot of control deals with pushing in the right analog stick. Get a grapple, push it in to get someone up in a way that you can carry them around and do different things (powerbomb, vert. suplex, etc.). Also, you can drag opponents to hot spots to choke them on the bottom rope, crotch them on the pole, and the like.

I really dug it, but after the debacle that was Wrestlemania 21 on Xbox, I tend to keep down my enthusiasm before I play the final product. I'm marking out for the chance to play as one of my old indy wrestling buds, though: Mr. Kennedy. And hopefully, my other homie Daivari won't be as weak this time around. I know they both recorded VO for career mode, as I imagine everyone on the roster did.

OK, so early impressions are good? It's shaping up to be just as good as, if not better, than the Smackdown games on PS2? We finally get a good wrestling title on a non-Sony system!?!?

Also, is the classic control in your build? I read that they were doing the all new control system but leaving the classic one in there in case people didn't like the new one. Good to hear the new control system is great (after the initial learning curve). It should make the matches flow a bit better.

I was told classic control would be in there. I didn't mess around much, as the build is quite limited. You can basically play the way you always have; you'll just miss out on the new hotness -- like me the first few hours I fooled around.

[quote name='Scorch']Downloadable wrestlers? OFFICIAL ones? Nil. Why release wrestlers for download when they can just work on the next game? I'd love to see a CAW hub though where we could download other people's CAWs.[/quote]
But developers like making money on little work like DLC packs. ;) I'd figure the CAW trading would be the closest thing to a roster update, but anything easier and more official would be nice to have.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']But developers like making money on little work like DLC packs. ;) I'd figure the CAW trading would be the closest thing to a roster update, but anything easier and more official would be nice to have.[/QUOTE]

I'll laugh when it's 1000 Microsoft Points per download. Things are going that way.

ive been saying this forever...

fucking thq take advantage of xbox live and make fucking downloadable official wrestler updates or something. ive wished for this for a long time.

anything at all.

i also wanted simon dean on there...

cant wait to see buchills entrance lol

[quote name='guyver2077']ive been saying this forever...

fucking thq take advantage of xbox live and make fucking downloadable official wrestler updates or something. ive wished for this for a long time.

anything at all.

i also wanted simon dean on there...

cant wait to see buchills entrance lol[/QUOTE]

Why are you getting all mad at THQ when they haven't said ANYTHING about the xbox live features yet?

Also, your sig reminded me of how angry I am at the lack of Zombie ECW wrestlers on the roster. fuck THQ.

[quote name='mykevermin']Word to the wise: if you dig imports, Wrestle Kingdom is fun to play (it's essentially Puro Day of Reckoning).[/QUOTE]
I thought it was region-locked?

Unfortunate there's no ECW factored in, but I know the cutoff date is always many months before the game's release on these, so I wasn't expecting it. Calling it "Smackdown vs. Raw vs. ECW" next year doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I'd expect either a name change or a subtitle they push heavily to shoehorn it in there (Smackdown vs. Raw: ECW Invasion" or something).

Fire Pro Dreamcast offered several downloadable CAW packs, maybe they could do something like that. I just question how good the quality would be. It worked in Fire Pro because the moveset was ridiculously huge and the 2D-graphics made it easier to get a passable likeness for whatever wrestler you wanted...a reduced moveset and more detailed graphics might make that difficult.

However, the coolest thing about Fire Pro was that they released a new downloadable MOVE every week for almost a year, that was awesome. Expand-and-add-to-your-CAW stuff (similar to what Saint's Row appears to be doing) would be nice.

I'm referring to the PS2 version; the 360 version is region-locked, and limited to the twelve or so 360 owners in Japan. The PS2 is, from my understanding, the identical game, but with a significant reduction in graphic quality. They did add Brock Lesnar and Giant Bernard (Albert/A-Train) to the PS2 version though.

they better let you use the hard rive on the 360 to add your own entrance themes to caw and original wrestlers...

this is the feature i liked about raw2 the most

It totally makes sense why Sabu wasn't included; he was TNA up to a few months ago. It would've been weird hearing him talk so much in career mode, too. Maybe I'll play as Khali first, just so I can A) hear him mumble, and B) see what other moves he has besides the 3-foot kick and the head chop.

[quote name='guyver2077']they better let you use the hard rive on the 360 to add your own entrance themes to caw and original wrestlers...

this is the feature i liked about raw2 the most[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was awesome. I had my created me come out to the song the real me came out to.

[quote name='flybrione']Maybe they will add some ECW wrestlers as legends in the game.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I could definitely see Sabu being added. This way, he won't have to say anything doing story mode (they can just not use him there) and I'm sure they could bust out a movelist / look for him relatively quickly.

There is a reason IGN is keeping the Legends a secret, I think... we are going to be in for some big surprises hopefully.

I just hope they don't "dumb down" the 360 version in order to make all the ports similar. Like they obviously won't have custom theme music in the PS2 version, but hopefully they don't let that stop them from taking advantage of the 360's hard drive. And I hope they just go nuts with XBL and let the online mode kick ass.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I could definitely see Sabu being added. This way, he won't have to say anything doing story mode (they can just not use him there) and I'm sure they could bust out a movelist / look for him relatively quickly.

There is a reason IGN is keeping the Legends a secret, I think... we are going to be in for some big surprises hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Eddie Guerrero is a name I'm betting on for one of the legends.

Boogeyman... check
Finlay... check
Pirate Paul Burchill.... check
Mr. Kennedy... check
Umaga.... check
William Regal... check
Snitsky... check

OK I'm happy :)

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I could definitely see Sabu being added. This way, he won't have to say anything doing story mode (they can just not use him there) and I'm sure they could bust out a movelist / look for him relatively quickly.

There is a reason IGN is keeping the Legends a secret, I think... we are going to be in for some big surprises hopefully.[/QUOTE]

It's not IGN that's keeping the legends a secret; that's usually the last thing THQ announces. I doubt IGN knows.

An update to the IGN article says that Eugene is NOT in the game. I know many of you will be crushed by this knowledge.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Maybe I'll play as Khali first, just so I can A) hear him mumble, and B) see what other moves he has besides the 3-foot kick and the head chop.[/quote]
I posted the same thing on the CRZ board...I can't wait for this.

[quote name='Me']Khali! Outstanding. First thing I'm going to do with this game is start a match with him to see what moves they gave him outside of chop and low kick. Since every stock character in a wrestling game usually HAS to have a few submission moves, I look forward to Khali's figure-four or sharpshooter.
[/quote]

[quote name='KaneRobot']An update to the IGN article says that Eugene is NOT in the game. I know many of you will be crushed by this knowledge.
.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's because WWE is releasing him.

yea having khali in is awesome (seriously)

Thank god no eugene.

i second the eddie legend guess. i guess there really is no hope to have ultimate warrior in.. i think he won a poll last year but obviously he does not have a good relationship with wwe. i want mr perfect! psycho sid!

im sure the usual hogan,austin,hart,and rock will be in..

And like i said before they better take advantage of 360 hd. Fukkin wrestlemania 21 didnt less us change superstars entrance songs...Im positive i enjoyed raw2 allot more than i should have just because of that feature.

Im actually interested in playing wrestle kingdom if its like dor... So i guess 360 version wont work on my us 360..

That roster was on IGN posted in the PS2 version.. maaaaybe there will be more on the 360..

Legends.. let's see. The usual crew, Hogan, Rock, Bret Hart (I really hope), Mankind, Austin..

..hmm.. then who? Eddie Guerrero.. i'd love to see Owen Hart back. I really, really would. Him, Yokozuna, British Bulldog, Brian Pillman.. hell, let's just resurrect the Hart Foundation.

[quote name='Scorch']That roster was on IGN posted in the PS2 version.. maaaaybe there will be more on the 360..

Legends.. let's see. The usual crew, Hogan, Rock, Bret Hart (I really hope), Mankind, Austin..

..hmm.. then who? Eddie Guerrero.. i'd love to see Owen Hart back. I really, really would. Him, Yokozuna, British Bulldog, Brian Pillman.. hell, let's just resurrect the Hart Foundation.[/QUOTE]

Yokozuna would be soooooooooooooooo cool.

It's a great roster, minus the fact that it's missing Maria (who was said to be in it all along, but randomly isn't) and Khali being in it. I don't understand why Viscera is in it and yet Val Venis isn't, but oh well, that's what CAW's are for. Anyway, looks like a great roster other then that.

Also, not sure if it was posted or not, but Eugene was actually not confirmed, THQ requested he be taken off the list (which means he probably won't be in).

Bumping this up with the recent additions of Legends to IGN's countdown coverage of the game. Here's the list they have with a few links to the Legends they've already covered that will be in the game:

WWE Legends
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Cactus Jack
Dude Love
Dusty Rhodes
Eddie Guerrero
Hulk Hogan
Jerry Lawler
Jim Neidhart
Mankind
Mr. Perfect
The Rock
Roddy Piper
Shane McMahon
Steve Austin
Tazz

Edit: Added two new links to the Shane O'Mac and Eddie articles.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']pretty sure that is due to his wife[/QUOTE]

Well, the result (Owen not being in the game) is unfortunate, but at least she has scruples. The involvement of Eddie's widow in the WWE the past few years is indicative of just how willing they were to provide her with financial support (just long enough to get the positive PR spin and then as long as she's willing to be involved in shitty storylines).

I'm a *little* disappointed that Eddie's theme isn't the one he finally used (the "heel theme" with the cell phone beep at the beginning). I hated that at first, then took a liking to it. It's not as bad as Cactus Jack's ENTIRE GODDAMNED THEME AND VIDEO BEING MICK FOLEY'S. That actually made me go into GS and cancel my preorder yesterday (which I followed through with, even though they presold out of GH2).

bread's done
Back