Smallville or Supernatural?

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!
Thinking about starting one of these shows now that lost is about to end. Watched part of the first season of Smallville back when it first aired. Wondering which one i should start watching wb.com.

They're both good shows. Personally, I prefer Supernatural which I find to be consistently good. Almost no filler episodes, and even those always contain something that ties to the main plot.

[quote name='Tony208']Well I think the worst season of Supernatural was better than the best season of Smallville.[/QUOTE]

This.

The first season and a half of Smallville is utter horsesh*t. It gets better down the road. I haven't seen Supernatural, but from everything I read it is a better show.

Better yet, go watch Chuck.

I started watching Supernatural last week, and I'm already halfway through the second season. Solid show so far; from what I understand they just finished their 5th season and have another coming this Fall. I saw a couple episodes of Smallville but I couldn't ever get into it.

I think Supernatural is done. Yea, they could bring it back for another season, but I heard the writer for the show died and they just finished a big story arc, which I can't see them topping. Better to go out on top then continue like 24 has.

Supernatural ALL the way. I absolutely love the show. So, so, so much.

There is a 6th season coming, it's been confirmed.

All of the season sets are on sale at Walmart.com

I got S4 on Bluray for $26.

S3 and S4 are the only ones on Bluray right now, but S1 and S2 are coming to Bluray next month.

[quote name='Thongsy']I think Supernatural is done. Yea, they could bring it back for another season, but I heard the writer for the show died and they just finished a big story arc, which I can't see them topping. Better to go out on top then continue like 24 has.[/QUOTE]
One of the executive producers died about a year and a half ago, and the show isn't "done." It got renewed for a sixth season months ago. But I think you're right about the major story arc ending, as far as I know (I'm a few episodes behind). As far aas which one to watch, I enjoyed Smallville even at its worst ( although the last two seasons have been excellent) but Supernatural is my second favorite show after Lost. I'd suggest both, but if its one or the other, then Supernatural wins hands down.

So much Smallville hate. Cmon guys it's Superman. I have no desire to watch Supernatural, in fact not even the fact that two attractive guys are on the show (one of which is actually friends with a family friend) can get a woman like me to watch it. I rather support Clark Kent, not to mention the last seasons have been fantastic.

I'm not liking the whole angels and demons arc in supernatural right now. I think the first 2 season were the best. Smallville also got old after awhile for me. I need to start watching heroes again.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I'm not liking the whole angels and demons arc in supernatural right now. I think the first 2 season were the best. Smallville also got old after awhile for me. I need to start watching heroes again.[/QUOTE]

Too bad heroes got the boot. No more after this.
They were speculating whether to just do a season 5 to close out the story for the fans, but that just got canned. The idea was that it had crap ratings, but high dvd/blu sales, which begged the question of whether s5 was going to happen.

Supernatural by far, Im waiting for S5 to come out on blu so I can watch that then. But I'm also a smallville fan and thats good too...but not as good.

bread's done
Back