Smoking deal on PS3 160Gig at EBGames

speaking of which it seems that PS3 model is being discontinued and will be discounted at many stores. Its dropped to that price without SOCOM at HMV.

Discontinued yet again, this is getting ridiculous. I have had my ps3 since around Launch and i can't believe how many skus have come and gone. What ever happened to one sku and sticking with it.

[quote name='afterburn999']Discontinued yet again, this is getting ridiculous. I have had my ps3 since around Launch and i can't believe how many skus have come and gone. What ever happened to one sku and sticking with it.[/quote]What's funnier is how they blasted Microsoft for having two SKUs and how it was "confusing the customer" in 2005 XD

dammit, i picked up a 160 ps3 @ eb 2 weeks ago (traded in a shitload of games etc). Does anyone know if I will have any luck bringing in my receipt and getting the cash difference back & the 2 games?

[quote name='Firestorm']What's funnier is how they blasted Microsoft for having two SKUs and how it was "confusing the customer" in 2005 XD[/quote]

At least they're consistent: same colour and no BC on any SKU now. :)

[quote name='nightwing12']dammit, i picked up a 160 ps3 @ eb 2 weeks ago (traded in a shitload of games etc). Does anyone know if I will have any luck bringing in my receipt and getting the cash difference back & the 2 games?[/quote]

Never hurts to try.

I actually have no idea either why this is a smoking deal. I thought 499.99 was already common for a PS3...
I definitely wouldn't shell out 500 bucks for a console ... >_>

[quote name='Spades22']I actually have no idea either why this is a smoking deal. I thought 499.99 was already common for a PS3...
I definitely wouldn't shell out 500 bucks for a console ... >_>[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of stores are charging $519.99 for just the Uncharted 160GB.

Factor in the $79.99 Resistance 2 SE and the $49.99 SOCOM Confrontation and this becomes a hot deal.

[quote name='afterburn999']Discontinued yet again, this is getting ridiculous. I have had my ps3 since around Launch and i can't believe how many skus have come and gone. What ever happened to one sku and sticking with it.[/quote]

link please.

They're prolly just changing the game. But when I called HMV yesterday they said it was discontinued thus why it was 20$ off.

So what will the next game packed in be Little Big Planet or Motorstorm 2 or Gran Turismo 5?

Maybe a Killzone bundle like the euro folks are getting, or the Final Fantasy VII advent children bundle the japanese are getting?

Or PS3 for $299 (regular 80gb) and a new bundle for $399 with the 160gb ;-p that will ROCK!!!

Not a bad deal, two games most people buy anyway included at a reduced price.

I can still see some people bitching and sayin' "well id buy it if it was another $50 off lawl". Gah, some people.

Anyway, I'm sure if you do a few trade-3s and then trade those games back in for credit you could make this ever so cheaper.

I did about 6 or 7 trade-3 when I went for my PS3 + GH:WT. Two of them went towards the WT directly, the rest went towards the latest "trade it back within a week", or Gears of War 2 (which was $50 TIV at the time). Doing this basically nets you about 50% off the cost.

But even then, $500 for a console is pretty steep. Sure it comes with 3 games-- but when was the last time any of us paid $33 for months/a year old title?

And I don't think I've EVER heard of anyone filling up their PS3 hard drive, so why pay tons of extra cash for a larger HDD? Especially when places like Tigerdirect sell huge hard drives for less than the "upgrade cost" of buying a larger-sized PS3.

[quote name='eday_2010']That's still $500 for a machine to play games. Too expensive a toy for me still.[/quote]
$500 for a game system/blu-ray player/HTPC...may be worth it for some.

2 games worth 100$ aren't going to make me buy this...I mean this system is discontinued, a couple months and the games will be half price, and you can get them both on amazon for cheaper than you say.
But anyway, doesn't really matter to me if people buy it, just saying I wouldn't as $500 is too high irregardless...

[quote name='Spades22']2 games worth 100$ aren't going to make me buy this...I mean this system is discontinued, a couple months and the games will be half price, and you can get them both on amazon for cheaper than you say.
But anyway, doesn't really matter to me if people buy it, just saying I wouldn't as $500 is too high irregardless...[/quote]

500 is a lot.... if your poor.

$500 is alot if you have to work for it, and yes we are all poor in a way, thats why we are here and part of a community called CHEEP ASS GAMERS.

That's a pretty sweet deal for $500. You get three very good games. However, I don't see a lot of people forking over $564.99 unless they want this specific bundle. That's still way too much money for a console for most people.

[quote name='game_fanatic']$500 for a game system/blu-ray player/HTPC...may be worth it for some.[/quote]

If you already have a game system and want a blu-ray player, you can get one for $250 instead of paying $500 for one that is another game system. I;ll be waiting for a price cut or a good deal before I buy the so-called low end PS3.

The better part of that deal is that you finally get a ps3 with a headset, like Sony should have done years ago...

Might get it, since Blu-ray is becoming a no brainer now and I guess I could swap my laptops 120GB with the PS3's 160 ... thus upgrading my pc And 120 GB in a PS3 should be enough for now ....

As far as games go R2 and Uncharted are the must buy games along with MGS4 and LBP...

Good Deal IMO

If you want the best model PS3, then this is the one to get. The new 80/160GB models may lack unessential features like media slots and PS2 support, but they weigh less, consume less power and run MUCH cooler.

Makes me want to get rid of my 80GB BC model for one of these as I never, ever play PS2 anymore and media slots are so minor, if I couldn't use a USB cable, I'd just buy a media port adapter.

$600's too steep when one's the sole income for a family. 's a lot easier to save around $300 and get one off of craigslist or kijiji. :D

I was told that if you trade an 80 gb PS3 with a controller (sixaxis is acceptable), you can get this deal for $100. Considering that you get 3 games and double the hard drive (plus a cooler running console with a new factory warrenty) it might be a good deal for some people.

Unfortunately I can't confirm it because I've only got a 60gb full bc PS3 and I don't want to trade it in. the guy at my eb games ( northhill in Calgary) let me know of the deal. he seemed pretty surprised by it aswell. I know that they have poster everywhere promoting this deal, so the employees might have gotten some info about promoting upgrades. I can double check with him tomorrow.

bread's done
Back