SMT: DDS @ Amazon for $29.99

Hmm. *hovers* I think they are artificially the same, so that when you click on any product link on CAG, they get some profit. Code-wise, they are different. So in the end, you're giving CAG something regardless. :)

Damn, this shows up in my goldbox all the time. I just hope I'm not playing with fire and it runs out before it pops up in my goldbox....

[quote name='prateeko']Damn, this shows up in my goldbox all the time. I just hope I'm not playing with fire and it runs out before it pops up in my goldbox....[/QUOTE]
If thats the case you might as well go for it, no point in stressing yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is actually in my goldbox for $28.49. I already have it and DDS2, but I may pick up a copy just for the hell of it. Still wish I can get the deluxe box or that they just release a reprint set that includes both.

[quote name='anvilfactory']Hmm. *hovers* I think they are artificially the same, so that when you click on any product link on CAG, they get some profit. Code-wise, they are different. So in the end, you're giving CAG something regardless. :)[/QUOTE]

You might want to edit the OP before you get people misinterpreting your post and thinking that you tried to post your own referral link... :)

I bit, $25.50 after goldbox/eca is just too tempting. There are certainly worse way to spend $25.

Man, I saw it last night in my box, didn't really think about buying it and after reading this... I was prompted to act. I hate this site :)

[quote name='prateeko']Damn, this shows up in my goldbox all the time. I just hope I'm not playing with fire and it runs out before it pops up in my goldbox....
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this as well, but I think I'll just jump on this now anyway. I don't want to hold out and then regret it later.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']You might want to edit the OP before you get people misinterpreting your post and thinking that you tried to post your own referral link... :)[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be a misinterpretation at all. One of them actually is my own referral link whereas the other is for the regular product page; both are technically CAG referral links though (whether double referring is possible is another question). It seems the forum automatically makes product links into CAG referral links, which I have no problem with--I just didn't know how to get a CAG referral link. Nice to know it's automated. Besides, there wouldn't be a point in posting a CAG referral link and a regular link. I can't imagine someone having a problem with helping a site they frequent. :D On the other hand, I know people call out fellow CAGers for being "deceptive" in their product linking...

*edit: Ah, are those not allowed? I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the edit, Cheapy.

looks like the box set is going for about $200-$300 on ebay, only for serious collectors, seriously your not missing much!

a few things

Great game, recommend it for SMT fans.
In case anyone doesnt know, this is part 1 of a two part game
DDS2 is listed as $131 on amazon, wtf ? Doesn't seem right.

I have the outer box + S/T & case just need the actual disc. If this comes with outer box/ ST I will probably throw it on my trade list.

[quote name='Waterhouse']a few things

Great game, recommend it for SMT fans.
In case anyone doesnt know, this is part 1 of a two part game
DDS2 is listed as $131 on amazon, wtf ? Doesn't seem right.[/QUOTE]

It's out of print and super hard to find. Though it appears DDS 1 has been reprinted so probably 2 will follow. I am surprised this is still in stock.

newlu - How $25.49?

[quote name='vrblknch']Didn't know my box and cd set were worth so much. I need the second one. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Save up to buy the marked-up copies?

[quote name='willardhaven']Atlus could make a lot of money by reprinting the sequel, they should get on that.[/QUOTE]

They have. They just don't do it at the same time. I think within the last year or two there had been 2 reprints if not more, for DDS1 and 2 plus the time gamestop just mysteriously came up with tons of used DDS1 and 2 in their stores...

[quote name='wasabi5858']They have. They just don't do it at the same time. I think within the last year or two there had been 2 reprints if not more, for DDS1 and 2 plus the time gamestop just mysteriously came up with tons of used DDS1 and 2 in their stores...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']I didn't know they reprinted the second.[/QUOTE]

I'm 99% sure they have not reprinted DDS2. The reason why they keep appearing in GameStops is because they were never that uncommon until the past year.

If DDS2 was reprinted, it would have showed up at more retailers than just GameStop.

[quote name='io']It's out of print and super hard to find. Though it appears DDS 1 has been reprinted so probably 2 will follow. I am surprised this is still in stock.

newlu - How $25.49?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Gold Box took it down to $28.49, and if you're a member of the ECA one of the membership perks is 10% off video games sold by Amazon, so another $3 off, taking it to $25.49.

Also, if anyone has both DDS1 and 2, but you need the cardboard box/sleeve, I use this site, videogameinstructionbooklets.com (link goes to the DDS Deluxe Box) I e-mailed them a few months ago before I picked mine up to make sure it was the cardboard box/sleeve, and sure enough they said it was. It'll cost like $5 or 6 with shipping, but if you're an OCD person like me who wants everything semi-complete (or aesthetically complete, edited for correctitude) it's damn nice to have. Now if only I could find the soundtrack for a reasonable price.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure they didn't reprint DDS2. I remember getting confused about it because it looked like they made 2 different artworks, but then I remembered that the artwork was reversible for whatever you fancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nirron']

Also, if anyone has both DDS1 and 2, but you need the cardboard box/sleeve, I use this site, videogameinstructionbooklets.com (link goes to the DDS Deluxe Box) I e-mailed them a few months ago before I picked mine up to make sure it was the cardboard box/sleeve, and sure enough they said it was. It'll cost like $5 or 6 with shipping, but if you're an OCD person like me who wants everything complete, it's damn nice to have. Now if only I could find the soundtrack for a reasonable price.

[/QUOTE]

... But it's not complete yet. You're still missing the Soundtrack CD.

I'm tempted by this. To my misfortune I found a complete copy of DDS at a Gamestop about a month before the reprint, meaning I paid a lot but not as excessive an amount as if I had gone to ebay for a copy. Ever since then, even with the opportunity to get a sealed copy for less than what I paid for a sticker-plastered used copy, I just have to keep telling myself that mine is at least playable and to just let past losses be past losses. That said, at that price (it's been hovering around $35 for a while now) it's really really hard not to bite.

[quote name='Vinny']... But it's not complete yet. You're still missing the Soundtrack CD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's my only piece of the puzzle missing. Still, having the box and the sleeve gives me at least mild comfort to my video game OCD, while I search to find the soundtrack for a decent price. And I clarified my point, since if I'm physically looking at the box I can pretend the soundtrack is inside :p

I've been trying to get someone to take my extra Nocturne soundtrack + some cash, but, as I figured, a lot of people who are selling the soundtrack already have the Nocturne one as well.

Hmm, guess I was mistaken. I remember that there were a distinct drop in DDS2 prices and that 2 was available at amazon just a few months ago. (aside from the sudden supply GS came up with). (and I was telling someone to get it and hold on to it while he waits for DDS1 drop... )

apologies for the bad info.

[quote name='io']
newlu - how $25.49?[/quote]
[quote name='nirron']pretty sure gold box took it down to $28.49, and if you're a member of the eca one of the membership perks is 10% off video games sold by amazon, so another $3 off, taking it to $25.49.
[/quote]
^^^
:bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Nirron']Pretty sure Gold Box took it down to $28.49, and if you're a member of the ECA one of the membership perks is 10% off video games sold by Amazon, so another $3 off, taking it to $25.49.

Also, if anyone has both DDS1 and 2, but you need the cardboard box/sleeve, I use this site, videogameinstructionbooklets.com (link goes to the DDS Deluxe Box) I e-mailed them a few months ago before I picked mine up to make sure it was the cardboard box/sleeve, and sure enough they said it was. It'll cost like $5 or 6 with shipping, but if you're an OCD person like me who wants everything semi-complete (or aesthetically complete, edited for correctitude) it's damn nice to have. Now if only I could find the soundtrack for a reasonable price.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure they didn't reprint DDS2. I remember getting confused about it because it looked like they made 2 different artworks, but then I remembered that the artwork was reversible for whatever you fancy.[/QUOTE]
Hey man, thanks for the site. I have OCD too, so I;m gonna get me a cardboard box. lol
and if I remember correctly, DDS1 box set included a set of controller stickers or was that a pre order bonus or something.

I remember getting DDS1 back when Gamestop got a reprint...and like half of them wire damaged by boxcutters, lol

i look every time, but I have yet to see a live copy of DDS2...

^^It was probably a pre-order bonus.... because my box set doesn't make any mention of it! teehee!*parades around with my DDS box*

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Hey man, thanks for the site. I have OCD too, so I;m gonna get me a cardboard box. lol
and if I remember correctly, DDS1 box set included a set of controller stickers or was that a pre order bonus or something.[/QUOTE]

I've guessed it was some kind of pre-order bonus. Basically typing in numerous things into Google, I came up with a few threads that made it sound very much like a pre-order bonus (including one ancient CAG thread talking about EBGames getting in multiples) and not a single listing on Ebay has the controller stickers/armor, so I've pretty well given up on that.

[quote name='Nirron']I've guessed it was some kind of pre-order bonus. Basically typing in numerous things into Google, I came up with a few threads that made it sound very much like a pre-order bonus (including one ancient CAG thread talking about EBGames getting in multiples) and not a single listing on Ebay has the controller stickers/armor, so I've pretty well given up on that.[/QUOTE]

The controller sticker was a pre-order bonus from Gamestop or EB Games or both. It was also included with the DDS 1 & 2 bundle that Atlus sold (basically the games in a plastic bag, the controller sticker, and a t-shirt or something I think) but that was a very limited bundle so I'm guessing most people got it from EB or GS.

The only things included with the DDS Deluxe set was the slipcover, slipbox, DDS2 artwork, and the OST. And the game, of course.

I've been trying to find a sealed copy of the original boxset to complete my OCD SMT collection (one copy of each PS2 game open and sealed). Unfortunately, unless the day comes I want to pay $180+ for one...I doubt that'll happen.

For now, as other people have mentioned, I'll be picking up the outer box and try to find the soundtrack to complete the boxset.

Hopefully, Atlus decides to do a reprint of DDS2 to satisfy the fans. I was quite surprised to see that once the reprint of Nocturne went OOP, prices for sealed copies went back up to $80+.

[quote name='CaoPi']sold out guys, that was fast![/QUOTE]
Thank god I didn't wait till tomorrow since I missed the window for overnight shipping. I had no idea this game was rare, I always wanted it but never got it. This is like totally the best site ever! \\:D/ It can be depressing though when you see a deal and your broke, GH:WT Bundle....... :cry:

bread's done
Back