SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ Plush Doll Available For Pre-order - $39.99

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Atlus just recently announced that Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abbadon will be hitting US shores on May 12, 2009 for $39.99.

Gamefly has the game listed in their database:
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=135590

Pre-order here:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73846
http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233367192&sr=8-2

54893.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I read about this earlier. I too want to get this through amazon for the lack of tax and prime shipping, with or without the plush

I don't play with dollies

Completely different game from Persona. Its an action rpg, not turn based. The first Devil Summoner came out over here a few years ago.

Not anywhere close to as good as Persona, imo.

more games should come with plush toys - LBP in particular, but a plush teddy with Persona 4 would have rocked as well.

I actually had more fun with the last Devil Summoner over P3. Take that for what you will. But at the same time, neither can touch Nocturne.

GO BUY SMT: NOCTURNE, BITCHES!

Anyway, I'll be preordering this!

Apparently my Teddie Plushie, soundtrack, and P$ calender was worth $200 the day SMT: P4 came out, so even if i may not know much about this, i'll pre-order it anyway.

On second thought, maybe two.

Apparently my Teddie Plushie, soundtrack, and P$ calender was worth $200 the day SMT: P4 came out, so even if i may not know much about this, i'll pre-order it anyway.

On second thought, maybe two.

[quote name='wastedyears']Completely different game from Persona. Its an action rpg, not turn based. The first Devil Summoner came out over here a few years ago.

Not anywhere close to as good as Persona, imo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I absolutely love Persona 4, but i'm new to SMT as a whole.

[quote name='happy']more games should come with plush toys - LBP in particular, but a plush teddy with Persona 4 would have rocked as well.[/QUOTE]

There was one ;)

[quote name='ninja dog']Japan gets an expanded version of Nocturne with Devil Summoner 2. We get...a plush.[/quote]

It wasn't expanded. It just switched Dante for Raidou.

I didn't originally want the game, but now it is a must have. Thanks Atlus, for convincing me that I need games that I don't necessarily want.

[quote name='ninja dog']Nocturne > plush[/QUOTE]

True, but what are you going to do?

I still have to support Atlus since they seem to offer customers extras for free or reasonable prices.

IMO, they are the one of the most customer oriented gaming publishers in the biz.

[quote name='zewone']True, but what are you going to do?

I still have to support Atlus since they seem to offer customers extras for free or reasonable prices.

IMO, they are the one of the most customer oriented gaming publishers in the biz.[/quote]

Completely 100% agree. I will be absolutely be purchasing this even though my backlog is about 20+ games deep and I likely won't even touch the game for a full year. If this was a new Square-Enix game for the PS2 it'd be $49.99 regular price and $59.99 with that plushie.

[quote name='ninja dog']Nocturne > plush[/quote]

Considering I've had a copy for Nocturne for years now, plush > 2nd copy of a game I already have.

In for 1, but god i wish some day i will have time to go back to my PS2 and play all these damn RPG's ive been collecting. I still havent finished FFXII that i bought on release day. One of these days.

[quote name='jubeininja69']this ain't no deal. why are ps2 games still $40? even next gen games are around $40. no buy.[/QUOTE]
$60 is "around $40?"

[quote name='squall211']If this was a new Square-Enix game for the PS2 it'd be $49.99 regular price and $59.99 with that plushie.[/QUOTE]
Nice try, but a new S-E PS2 game was just released, at thirty dollars.

[quote name='squall211']If this was a new Square-Enix game for the PS2 it'd be $49.99 regular price and $59.99 with that plushie.[/quote]

[quote name='pete5883']Nice try, but a new S-E PS2 game was just released, at thirty dollars.[/quote]

Nah, I think Squall is right. Anything SMT related is Atlus's bread and butter. You can't really compare that to a remake of an old GBA game, especially when the remake wasn't even a standalone game until it came here. RE:CoM was just a bonus disc in KH2 Final Mix. If SE were to release a new version of one of top RPGs on the PS2, or even second tier series like KH and Grandia, I would guarantee you it'd be a full $50, plus another $10-$20 for an extra like a plush.

[quote name='jubeininja69']this ain't no deal. why are ps2 games still $40? even next gen games are around $40. no buy.[/quote]

Don't know what you've been smoking but 99% of games are $60, $70-90 if you want the copy that comes with bonus features.

Definitely a day 1 pre-order from me.

Gotta love Atlus for constantly releasing games below the MSRP of $49.99 and throwing in free stuff.

I saw this yesterday and immediately looked for a preorder. The first game was meh and Persona has been the only SMT series I have liked(screw nocturne it was meh too). However this game may be better then the first and even if its not I bet I can flip it for like $100 in the first weeks. I mean hell I sold my Persona 4 Social Link bundle for $110!

[quote name='squall211']Completely 100% agree. I will be absolutely be purchasing this even though my backlog is about 20+ games deep and I likely won't even touch the game for a full year. If this was a new Square-Enix game for the PS2 it'd be $49.99 regular price and $59.99 with that plushie.[/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't. Sony capped the price of all new PS2 releases at $39.99 a year ago. Square-Enix might want to sell it for $50, but they wouldn't be allowed to in the US.

[quote name='Brian9824']Gotta love Atlus for constantly releasing games below the MSRP of $49.99 and throwing in free stuff.[/QUOTE]

Again, MSRP for PS2 games is $39.99. It has been since early 2008.

Previous logic still applies. They could easily do what everyone else does and charge extra $10 for LE game. Instead they throw in nice freebies without increasing price, and warn you ahead of time they are not planning on making alot of it so if you want the bonus to get it now.

FYI reviews i have seen place this game in the 9.4 range citing vast improvements with the battle system, persona capture/summon system, using multiple persona's at once in a battle, fusion spells, etc.

ill nab this for $30 with or without the plush, i dont really care for video game bonuses.

but this is good news, the first was quite enjoyable.

I'll be pre-ordering this from amazon and flipping it for double the price. People were buying those Teddy plushes alone for $50.

[quote name='chimpian']ill nab this for $30 with or without the plush, i dont really care for video game bonuses.

but this is good news, the first was quite enjoyable.[/quote]

Just be careful, the first devil summoner was mass produced but as we get farther and farther into the PS2's lifecycle the odds of Atlus re-releasing PS2 games get slimmer and slimmer.

Honestly i'd just buy it at lauch. I mean you can sell that plush for $15-20 easily in the future if you want it. Hell if you buy the game at launch i'll buy a 2nd plush from you for $15 shipped. Would look cool on my shelf.

[quote name='ninja dog']Japan gets an expanded version of Nocturne with Devil Summoner 2. We get...a plush.[/QUOTE]

Can someone elabortate on this or post a link where I can read the details?

[quote name='cycophuk']Can someone elabortate on this or post a link where I can read the details?[/quote]
Wikipedia mentions it, so it must be true :p

bread's done
Back