SMT: Nocturne at GQD $29.99

phogoodness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Saw the other SMT: Nocturne thread. Didn't know people are still looking for Nocturne, but it's available at Game Quest Direct for $29.99 NEW with coupon code: GPNOCTURNE
There is also free value shipping.

http://www.gamequestdirect.com/730865530069.html

Edited to reflect the other deals from gamepodunk:

Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 (Game Only) PS2
Regular Price: $49.99
Price after coupon: $34.99
Coupon Code: GPDIGITAL2

Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia (Game Only No Artbook) PS2
Regular Price: $39.99
Price after coupon: $24.99
Coupon Code: PodunkArt
Limited time and available for the first 150 redemptions only. Expires when quota is met.

Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga (Game Only) PS2
Regular Price: $39.99
Price after coupon: $29.99
Coupon Code: GPDIGITAL - Expired
Offer expires July 30th.

Also 4% CB from Bing.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the GQD always gets reprints of rare games but I wish there was some kind of indication on the packaging or something that separated it from the originals. This one is easy to tell since original Nocturne copies had soundtracks and the reprints don't. It just sucks that people's originals get lumped in with reprints 5 years later.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I like the GQD always gets reprints of rare games but I wish there was some kind of indication on the packaging or something that separated it from the originals. This one is easy to tell since original Nocturne copies had soundtracks and the reprints don't. It just sucks that people's originals get lumped in with reprints 5 years later.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? If you're not a collector it's the same damn game so enjoy it. If you are a collector it just means you don't have to screw around with hunting down an overpriced first edition copy for your collection. That's what I hate about Greatest Hits and Platinum Hits. It's awesome that I can get the game for cheap but can't they just indicate that it's a best seller with a sticker on the shrinkwrap instead of mucking up my collection with an ugly red case and/or boxart with that stupid "Whatever Hits" banner on it?

[quote name='PvtChurch']Who cares? If you're not a collector it's the same damn game so enjoy it. If you are a collector it just means you don't have to screw around with hunting down an overpriced first edition copy for your collection. That's what I hate about Greatest Hits and Platinum Hits. It's awesome that I can get the game for cheap but can't they just indicate that it's a best seller with a sticker on the shrinkwrap instead of mucking up my collection with an ugly red case and/or boxart with that stupid "Whatever Hits" banner on it?[/QUOTE]

the marketing folks probably believe that the greatest hits, platinum, player's choice, whatever obnoxious rebranding is more likely to encourage sales than a sticker, or doing nothing at all. Bestsellers often sell even better once they are called out as bestsellers.
GCD probably will never make different packaging for their reprints, because that makes their reprints less desirable, and also, it increases costs because they have to have someone do the design work, copyediting and proofing and probably get approval from the original developer- even for a minor change. It's most economical to take a publishers files as they are and send them off to the printers with as little plant costs as possible.

I don't know that that's strictly true though, is it? I bought Nocturne years ago (as in, long before the reprints of the last year or two) and when I opened it up it was missing a CD. I thought there was an initial batch with the CD, but also an early Atlus pressing without CD.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I like the GQD always gets reprints of rare games but I wish there was some kind of indication on the packaging or something that separated it from the originals. This one is easy to tell since original Nocturne copies had soundtracks and the reprints don't. It just sucks that people's originals get lumped in with reprints 5 years later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slikwilly']I don't know that that's strictly true though, is it? I bought Nocturne years ago (as in, long before the reprints of the last year or two) and when I opened it up it was missing a CD. I thought there was an initial batch with the CD, but also an early Atlus pressing without CD.[/QUOTE]

You mean the OST?

[quote name='Chronis']Anyone who owns a PS2, likes RPGs, doesn't have this game, and passes on this deal isn't human. SUBHUMAN!!!![/QUOTE]

Or perhaps we just don't like SMT games all that much. I'll purchase it if it costs me $15 or less, but I'm not buying into the SMT hype this time. ;)

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Or perhaps we just don't like SMT games all that much. I'll purchase it if it costs me $15 or less, but I'm not buying into the SMT hype this time. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a little problem with this. Nocturne is the only *real* SMT game that has been released in America. While everything else has been released with the SMT name (Devil Summoner, Personas 3 and 4, etc), those are all just spinoffs. The spinoffs just borrow the demons and spell names. That's it. Really, as someone who has played the recent spinoffs (except Persona 4), none of them even come close. Nocturne is the definitive RPG on the PS2, bar none.

My birthday is tomorrow (6/18), PERFECT TIMING! Thanks OP, I will now demand this as my present lol. I hope it doesn't sell out to quick I've been looking for this, I wish I kept money in the bank so I could just get it now.

[quote name='Chronis']Well, there's a little problem with this. Nocturne is the only *real* SMT game that has been released in America. While everything else has been released with the SMT name (Devil Summoner, Personas 3 and 4, etc), those are all just spinoffs. The spinoffs just borrow the demons and spell names. That's it. Really, as someone who has played the recent spinoffs (except Persona 4), none of them even come close. Nocturne is the definitive RPG on the PS2, bar none.[/QUOTE]

Persona 4 is my favorite of the spin-offs, by far. Almost a perfect game, if it weren't for Teddy talking too much during battle and the music repeating itself constantly.

Nocturne is still tops though. I wonder if they'll even make SMT4 this gen...

[quote name='PvtChurch']Who cares? If you're not a collector it's the same damn game so enjoy it. [/QUOTE]

Yeah but if you are a collector you would want it and it wouldn't affect non collecting people a single bit. It would be the same damn game they can enjoy. Right?

[quote name='slikwilly']I don't know that that's strictly true though, is it? I bought Nocturne years ago (as in, long before the reprints of the last year or two) and when I opened it up it was missing a CD. I thought there was an initial batch with the CD, but also an early Atlus pressing without CD.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure there might have ever been some reprints going on sometime in late 2005 - early 2006. I could be wrong.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']
Pretty sure there might have ever been some reprints going on sometime in late 2005 - early 2006. I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Correct. The first print of Nocturne came bundled with the soundtrack while the 2nd print run (before last year's reprint) did not come with the soundtrack.

It's nice to see that the game is getting reprinted yet again for people to enjoy this game. I do hope that DDS2 is reprinted soon since you have a new fans who have played 1, but never 2 because it was too expensive.

I would find it funny that after all these reprints, Nocturne becomes a greatest hits title. It was so weird last year seeing the words "Greatest Hits" associated with Atlus when Odin Sphere and Disgaea joined the ranks.

Wow at shipping lol. Ordered yesterday at like 2pm and just got it in the mail 10min ago^^ Awesome deal and now to shove it in a closet and never open it/see it again!

OMG thank you OP!

I have been looking for it game for a while now.

and I was not about to spend $60 for a used copy from amazon.

$30 is a steal for this game.

Thanks OP, ordered one brand new copy for $29.99 shipped!

BTW, I haven't gotten the e-mail for confirmation yet... hmmm... I'll just wait and see I guess...

Just so you know the coupon code comes courtesy from GamePodunk and GameQuestDirect. Full information within that Game Podunk regarding the coupon code.

I appreciate the OP helping fellow CAG members, but would appreciate if it was shown where it came from as well. Just to give credit where credit is due :)

Thanks and this is just an update to the link and deal.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Yeah but if you are a collector you would want it and it wouldn't affect non collecting people a single bit. It would be the same damn game they can enjoy. Right?
[/QUOTE]

Good work completely ignoring the rest of my post that addressed that.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Great deals. It seems like they have coupon for Ar Tonelico and DDS coupon as well.

I hate myself getting an used copy off ebay for 60 :([/QUOTE]

Where were the other 2 coupon codes? I looked at the link and couldn't find it, and went through gamepodunk's coupon forums with no luck - could you post those codes?

Here it is, direct quote from the fourm

Title: Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia (Game Only No Artbook) PS2

Link: Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia (Game Only No Artbook) PS2

Regular Price $39.99

GPD Price $24.99 (after coupon)

Podunk Coupon Code: PodunkArt (enter during checkout in first page of cart)

Limited Time and available for the first 150 redemption only. Expires when quota is met.

GQD has been able to get another rare SMT game in stock! They are selling it for $40, but they have generously offered us a special Podunk coupon so you can get it for only $30!!

Plus you get free econo shipping!

Title: Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga PS2 $39.99 at GQD

Link: Digital Devil Saga (Game Only) PS2

Limited time special and offer expires July 30th. Use this coupon code to take $10 off the regular $39.99 price.

Coupon Code:
GPDIGITAL

**The coupon may expire earlier than July 30, so if this is a game you want, you shouldn't wait!**

I'm new to the SMT line. Looking at Amazon prices, this is one hell of a deal. I ordered one.

Thanks OP.

Title: Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia (Game Only No Artbook) PS2

What? I didn't know that they sold loose discs.

If your order is more than $50, but less than $100,
use the code "save5", to save $5. If it is more than
$100, use the code "gqd110", to save $10. I know
that the sticker says that the code expired back
in 2005, but I've used it recently, and it still works.

As far as I know, GQD is legit.

I wish they would have a coupon that offers free shipping to Canada, I would have ordered a few games off them, and not just SMT Nocturne :(

I wonder how many copies they have in stock :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GlassAgate']Title: Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia (Game Only No Artbook) PS2

What? I didn't know that they sold loose discs.

If your order is more than $50, but less than $100,
use the code "save5", to save $5. If it is more than
$100, use the code "gqd110", to save $10. I know
that the sticker says that the code expired back
in 2005, but I've used it recently, and it still works.

As far as I know, GQD is legit.[/QUOTE]

Not loose, just no artbook

Thanks! I picked up a copy of SMT:Nocturne and SMT: DDS. Despite being reprints, SMT games have a habit of skyrocketing in price as soon as they go OOP, and although my backlog prohibits me from jumping into these right away, I'm still very much looking forward to it. Now here's hoping for a reprint of SMT: DDS2!

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Here it is, direct quote from the fourm[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much! I could not locate them in the forums when I looked [though I looked in a very rushed fashion].

[quote name='paddlefoot']Not loose, just no artbook[/QUOTE]

So, GQD sells open games? Is this when someone returns a copy
open, but GQD doesn't know it is opened, until they have it back,
at which point they just sell it, stating that it's opened?

[quote name='GlassAgate']So, GQD sells open games? Is this when someone returns a copy
at which point they just sell it, stating that it's opened?[/QUOTE]

The game got a reprint with out the artbook

[quote name='GlassAgate']So, GQD sells open games? Is this when someone returns a copy
at which point they just sell it, stating that it's opened?[/QUOTE]
Sealed game (game, case, manual), just no artbook.

The reprints that GQD commissions generally have no extras (such as the SMT: Nocturne soundtrack, DDS case/decals or Ar Tonelico artbook).

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Sealed game (game, case, manual), just no artbook.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']The game got a reprint with out the artbook[/QUOTE]

Okay, so the artbook must have been combined
with a sealed copy, by means of a second seal,
like with the game "The Outfit" on 360?

If your confused, here's is what I mean:
(1) take a sealed copy of a game, take a gimmicky
book, place on top or bottom of game, add
a second seal to keep the book from "walking
away".

[quote name='GlassAgate']Okay, so the artbook must have been combined

away".[/QUOTE]

My artbook I got with Persona 4 was just in the box with the game. Both sealed... but what does the artbook matter if it doesn't come with one?? and I belive originals aka not the reprint release are the ONLY ones that got the artbooks. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Okay, so the artbook must have been combined

away".[/QUOTE]

The original version had the game and the artbook inside a slipbox... the game was sealed and the whole package was sealed too.

About SMT DDS. It says game only, does it mean it doesn't have a box? Or is it the game with box but no soundtrack?
Thanks in advance :)

[quote name='espica']About SMT DDS. It says game only, does it mean it doesn't have a box? Or is it the game with box but no soundtrack?
Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

:roll:

I need to stop seeing these topics. The JRPG fan in me is still active even though I rarely play them in recent years but I still buy them.

Did they ever patch Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 to work on the 80 GB PS3 ? I've been on a JRPG kick due to this site and Persona 3 FES.

bread's done
Back