SMT: Strange Journey 10$ BestBuy

ichit4k4_set0

CAGiversary!
I am a bit surprised no one caught that (did I miss it?) but SMT: Strange Journey has been 10$ at BestBuy since Dec 28.

Sadly, it was removed from the website 10 days ago. I was lucky and found a copy today, maybe you will be too.

Got mine for a dollar at Walmart, but $10 is still a really good deal for this game. Comes with the OST, too.

Did your OST work? Or did they even fix that problem with later copies of the game? Mine wouldn't play and I emailed Atlus about it, they gave me some solution that I never got around to trying but apparently works.

So good. Get this.

One of the few RPGs I've played where the player doesn't have to 'excuse' the game for brushing details under the carpet. Everything in the game makes sense for the world they created. The currency (and the often ridiculous fact that monsters are somehow carrying money) makes sense in this game. The "convenient" increasing strength of enemies makes sense. The story, sci-fi as it is, makes sense.

The first-person dungeon crawling thing is a little disorienting—I found that I stare at the mini-map instead of the main screen when I'm trying to navigate, and it was the same in Persona—but everything else is fantastic.

[quote name='Mr.']It was mentioned here before. PM'd at Futureshop for mine.[/QUOTE]

Same, $10 taxes in. Thanks OP.

Still plenty of copies of Rhythm Heaven and Wario Ware DIY left as well. ($9.99 and $19.99 respectively)

it was 10$ at walmart. It then dropped down to the 1$ games. I luckily bought it at 10$, and the girl let me get my money back for it and also for valkyrie chronicles ds(since i had found a copy of it for 1$).

So, you may spot it at walmart. Its 1$ (or 10$ if the games returned to normal price).

Any half-decent game that was at Wal-mart for $1 soldout long ago. I was just there yesterday and I spotted something or the other that was freshly put on the $20 rack, that I knew was on the $1 list. I dragged it over to the scanner, and it rang up at $20. So yeah, extreme YMMV at still finding Strange Journey for a buck. Grab it with both hands at $10 :)

[quote name='TronB']Did your OST work? Or did they even fix that problem with later copies of the game? Mine wouldn't play and I emailed Atlus about it, they gave me some solution that I never got around to trying but apparently works.[/QUOTE]

The tracks were recorded as data instead of redbook audio, so you can just reburn them to a cd-r as audio to listen to them normally. Or just listen/copy/compress with your audio program/device of choice. Early on they actually provided a solution where you could order the replacement free from their site, but they didn't have people send in their original discs to trade and internet scavengers cleaned them out pretty fast. :p I don't think they ever had a second manufacturing run of the game

Hi fellow cheapasses! I'm new here, and I read everywhere that you PM games to Future Shop...What is that and how do you do that? Thank you so much for answering me!

It's simple. You just walk into Future Shop and go up to the customer service desk with your game. You tell them you'd like a price match, and Best Buy has the game for $10. They'll peek on BestBuy's website to confirm what you're saying (it may be acceptable for you to physically bring in some proof), then sell you it for Bestbuy's price - 10% of the price difference. So this being $25 there, you'd get an extra $1.50 off.

The extra 10% off is often pointless (unless the game is like $40-$50 overprice), the point is you can easily snag low stock (or soldout, if the FS CSRs aren't doing their job right) games like this ;)

bread's done
Back