Snakes on a Plane Predictions

I have a feeling that once this movie comes out that it'll probably number 1 for just that week. Once that weekend is over, people will be asking themselves "why in the fuck did I waste "x amount" on this total piece of shit?"

Then it will just simply be boiled down to 2 words, "hollywood hype". Hype doesn't make a "cult" film.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I have a feeling that once this movie comes out that it'll probably number 1 for just that week. Once that weekend is over, people will be asking themselves "why in the fuck did I waste "x amount" on this total piece of shit?"

Then it will just simply be boiled down to 2 words, "hollywood hype". Hype doesn't make a "cult" film.[/QUOTE]
But this isn't "Hollywood hype." New Line certainly isn't hating all the free pub, and have started prodding it along lately, but this was all fan-based. The whole reason for the hype is that there's no way this will be a good movie, but the appeal is that, by God, they named a movie what it's about, and you know exactly what you're getting when you go in. If anyone's honestly thinking this will be a great movie in any normal sense of the word, they're insane. On the same token, I fully expect to enjoy it for the craptastic film it is.

Just click on the varitalk link above to see how even Samuel L. makes jokes about the movie on the official web site of the movie.

[quote name='whoknows']I like this poster the best:

Anything in french just seems funnier to me :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, Sammy L. is in crazy-ass pounce mode.

[quote name='Stuka']I voted the last option but I think the movie is going to be good campy fun. I can't wait for the sequel, "Snakes on a fucking Shark" or the spinoff/ripoff "Snakes on a Train"[/QUOTE]

From the Wikipedia article: "A rip-off horror B-movie, "Snakes on a Train", is set to be released straight to DVD just a few days prior to this film's theatrical release."

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I have a feeling that once this movie comes out that it'll probably number 1 for just that week. Once that weekend is over, people will be asking themselves "why in the fuck did I waste my time DOWNLOADING this total piece of shit?"
Then it will just simply be boiled down to 2 words, "hollywood hype". Hype doesn't make a "cult" film.[/QUOTE]

fixed

So, looking further into The Asylum, because I think it's funny, here's a list of their more recent films:

King of the Lost World - A story similar to King Kong which was released December 13, 2005, one day before the American theatrical release of the 2005 theatrical version.

When a Killer Calls- Following a babysitter being terrorized by a psychopath was released in February 2006 to coincide with the release of When a Stranger Calls, which was announced much earlier and has a nearly identical plot.

666:The Child - Film about a couple adopting a child who they soon find may be the Antichrist was released June 6, 2006, the same day as the American release of The Omen. Starring Boo Boo Stewart!

The Da Vinci Treasure - Project starring C. Thomas Howell and Lance Henriksen is an obvious rip-off of The Da Vinci Code, and was released in the U.S. four days after the theatrical release.

Pirates of Treasure Island - This pirate-themed film was released on June 27, 2006, most likely to capitalize on the July 7th release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Snakes on a Train - This horror film is an obvious rip-off of Snakes on a Plane, only using a different mode of transportation. It is scheduled for release three days earlier.

Look at this poster closely and you'll notice that both the snakes have the same tail... where'd the tail on the right come from?

snakes_on_a_plane.jpg

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']So, looking further into The Asylum, because I think it's funny, here's a list of their more recent films:

King of the Lost World - A story similar to King Kong which was released December 13, 2005, one day before the American theatrical release of the 2005 theatrical version.

When a Killer Calls- Following a babysitter being terrorized by a psychopath was released in February 2006 to coincide with the release of When a Stranger Calls, which was announced much earlier and has a nearly identical plot.

666:The Child - Film about a couple adopting a child who they soon find may be the Antichrist was released June 6, 2006, the same day as the American release of The Omen. Starring Boo Boo Stewart!

The Da Vinci Treasure - Project starring C. Thomas Howell and Lance Henriksen is an obvious rip-off of The Da Vinci Code, and was released in the U.S. four days after the theatrical release.

Pirates of Treasure Island - This pirate-themed film was released on June 27, 2006, most likely to capitalize on the July 7th release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Snakes on a Train - This horror film is an obvious rip-off of Snakes on a Plane, only using a different mode of transportation. It is scheduled for release three days earlier.[/quote]

You should read Foywonder's reviews of Asylum's films a www.dreadcentral.com. They are good for a laugh.

ps. you forgot that they are releasing a movie called Halloween Night in October. Guess what movie that rips off.

[quote name='varsitygamer']at the comic-con, someone asked samuel l. jackson if he thought the snakes deserved to die. his response?

"YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"[/QUOTE]

I crapped my pants when I saw this in the panel :lol:

I seriously think you should change the title to "Snakes on a Plane: Great Movie or the Greatest Movie?".

bread's done
Back