SNES Chrono Trigger! Help?!?!

dragonpancakes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was wondering what a good price for Chrono Trigger would be. I have the cart, and one of the clear slip cases, but no box or inst. Its NM and works perfect. ( Much better than the PSone version). I need some cash or I wouldn't even be thinking about it. Any help would be appreciated.

(If I am in the wrong forum, don't be an ass about it, just let someone know to move my topic)

Also, I was just on E-Bay and saw a factory sealed Chrono Trigger going for $600!!!!!!

( I don't imagine I will get over $100 but let me know! )

The sad thing is, I can almost guarantee that "new sealed" copy up right now is a reseal. Looking at recent and current eBay prices, I'd say you'd be able to get anywhere from $25-40 depending on the condition of the cartridge... more likely in the $30 range, including shipping. This is my rough guess of what your profits would be after fees and all the other crap that detract from your actual final end price.

I was just checking on eBay, getting ready to post an estimate and Genocidal beat me to it. He said exactly what I was going to say "$25 - $40, depending on condition".

Id also say in the 25-35 range...

As for the seal, there is a difference in factory seal, and doing the sealing yourself, and normally the seller will provide many different views of the box to prove it

On SNES games, there is an overlap of the film on the back of the box I believe... something that would be hard to reproduce on ones own sealer... but anything is possible

Games from that era have a Tab on the back of them that could be used to hang it from a rack. If it's on there, you can have a 99% certainity that its factory sealed.

Reality's Fringe]Games from that era have a Tab on the back of them that could be used to hang it from a rack. If it's on there said:
Because it's not like those are easy to buy and put on yourself....

Sorry, I just have a hard time believing someone could keep a copy of Chrono Trigger sealed and perfect for so long, especially with all the fraud stories I've heard about resealed SNES games.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']That hang-tab worries me... it looks suspisously like the ones we have at work to attach to items that have lost their factory hang-tab. (Of course, I don't know what a hang-tab looked like on SNES games, but still...)[/QUOTE]
That's what they looked like back then, but that still wouldn't exactly prove anything.

[quote name='Genocidal']Because it's not like those are easy to buy and put on yourself....

Sorry, I just have a hard time believing someone could keep a copy of Chrono Trigger sealed and perfect for so long, especially with all the fraud stories I've heard about resealed SNES games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they can be put on there, but the typical scammer doesn't have the know-how especially considering most of them don't even try to recreate the odd seal on original SNES games. You have to remmeber that there ARE actual collectors out there who may be getting out of it and are selling their prize pieces, so to speak. In addition there are tons of independent stores and smaller chain stores in ass-backwards location that might have one of thse buried in a back room or under a ton of knick-knack crap in a clearance bin located in the fabric isle. I don't buy sealed SNES/N64 games off Ebay either, but that's not to say they're not out there.

[quote name='botticus']That's what they looked like back then, but that still wouldn't exactly prove anything.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think the SNES/N64 tabs bent upward from the other direction. In addition the adhesive looks too much like the type on scotch tape. That one looks like a fake to me.

I don't believe that's what the tag looked like. It had more of a...well, I can't really explain it, but I'm pretty sure that ain't it.

[quote name='Rig']I don't believe that's what the tag looked like. It had more of a...well, I can't really explain it, but I'm pretty sure that ain't it.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I'll take your guys word for it then... haven't looked at one in ten years, and my games didn't tend to retain the tag long after I purchased it. But hey, its close enough to make the guy $600. Hooray for $19.99 cart only!

[quote name='botticus']Haha, I'll take your guys word for it then... haven't looked at one in ten years, and my games didn't tend to retain the tag long after I purchased it. But hey, its close enough to make the guy $600. Hooray for $19.99 cart only![/QUOTE]

Well, I recently went to a store-closing of a small department (non-chain) store, and they had a few sealed N64 and SNES games...and I grabbed them up. Pretty sure the tags were different. (This was a few months ago, so I may be wrong...and the games are at home...where I can't see them!)

I always kept the shrinkwrapping on my SNES game boxes back when I used to buy them new, maybe if I can remember to take a picture of one of them over Thanksgiving I'll put a reference post up for people in the future.

(Yes, I was also one of those kids that would unwrap their Christmas presents without tearing up the wrapping paper.)

It does have that seam on the back....or at least it looks like it from the crappy picture. That seam is almost immpossible to replicate, but still I would have to see better pictures of it before I bid, and I would travel and pick up to verify. I collect games and have knowingly bought resealed before and I never never seen that seam on the back of a reseal. The tag does look really funky tho! Another thing not so obvious is to look for sticker residue from the original sticker....GOOD HINT THAT IT IS REAL.

Thats a real sealed copy. When I bought SNES games, I never ripped the plastic off, just cut it enough so I could open the box and get the game out. That is how my Chrono Trigger box is and thats what the hang tag looks like. My box has a target 5% donation thing on it too, but thats just because it was from Target.

bread's done
Back