SNES Chrono Trigger Wanted

Why do people keep looking for this game? You can get it with ff5 for like $20 for the psx, and that version includes cute little videos they threw in.

edit: I'm assume snakeeyes that you have a psx since you have games for it.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Why do people keep looking for this game? You can get it with ff5 for like $20 for the psx, and that version includes cute little videos they threw in.

edit: I'm assume snakeeyes that you have a psx since you have games for it.[/quote]

It has horrible load times, but that is nothing compared to how much less money it is.

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='zionoverfire']Why do people keep looking for this game? You can get it with ff5 for like $20 for the psx, and that version includes cute little videos they threw in.

edit: I'm assume snakeeyes that you have a psx since you have games for it.[/quote]

It has horrible load times, but that is nothing compared to how much less money it is.[/quote]

I didn't find the load times that bad, but then I haven't played the original in years so I guess I probably assumed that it was always that way. Is that the only reason?

[quote name='zionoverfire']Why do people keep looking for this game? You can get it with ff5 for like $20 for the psx, and that version includes cute little videos they threw in.

I played it not long after it first came out and fell in love with the game. When i started to collect seriously i decided that CT was going to be one of my main wants. I made my mind up to get the mintest copy that i could find. I managed to do that and have this cart as a spare. I think that it also comes down to the fact that some people, like myself, would prefer to play the game in it's original form. The snes is also way better looking than the P.O.S psx. ;-) I have it on PSX as well but it does'nt feel the same.

[quote name='axekiller'][quote name='zionoverfire']Why do people keep looking for this game? You can get it with ff5 for like $20 for the psx, and that version includes cute little videos they threw in.

I played it not long after it first came out and fell in love with the game. When i started to collect seriously i decided that CT was going to be one of my main wants. I made my mind up to get the mintest copy that i could find. I managed to do that and have this cart as a spare. I think that it also comes down to the fact that some people, like myself, would prefer to play the game in it's original form. The snes is also way better looking than the P.O.S psx. ;-) I have it on PSX as well but it does'nt feel the same.[/quote]

Ahhh nostalgia, what a sweat feeling. It just seems like quite a difference in money and I don't see as much of this interest in the snes version with FF3 and breath of fire 1,2.

I also have one, but you have nothing I want. Sorry.

Well, you do have Earthbound, but I'd rather keep Chrono Trigger. Wouldn't do an Earthbound+something for it either.

For me, it would be a few things. The SNES/SFC is arguably the best console ever. Plus, it came out originally for the SNES/SFC. So that would lend another reason for collectors (like myself) as well as nostalgia buffs who remember playing this as a new title in HS (like myself).

Then there is the load times of the PS added to that, and the fact that I don't like the feel of the PS controller in comparison to the SNES, etc.

[quote name='Ledhed']The load times are a bitch in the PSX version as well.[/quote]

Time is split pretty evenly between loading and playing. That's why I'm also looking for it on SNES.

After hearing Frog's theme just once - I became hooked.

That, along with the other music, the characters, story and gameplay also helped.

Damn Square-Enix for shutting down the CT: Ressurection Project

yea, when i first heard Robo's theme i felt bad whenever i benched him........ i havent played it so long i dont even remember the robots name......... dannngit

bread's done
Back