SNES Classic Discussion Thread

So, the hold on my card from Target dropped off. Hasn't shipped and now the date went from 9/29 back to 10/11. Weird....
I just checked my target.com order right now too, and it says the same thing for me right now. also my hold on my target card dropped off too. :(

Same for my target order.  I think I can kiss that one goodbye now thanks to their forced credit card.  BB seems to be the only launch guarantee for me.

Forgot about walmart.  Still "processing" with an Oct 5 date, but does show "expedited shipping" I don't remember selecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Bivensra" post="13840205" timestamp="1506454721"]

I have this one in my cart. More expensive but cool case.

quote name="WingsDJY" post="13840103" timestamp="1506447575"]

I was hoping to find an SNES Case like NES one RDS made, but the closest I can find is this abomination from Younik. I'm assuming that name is supposed to be a clever play on "Unique", but based on their product, I'm going with "Eunuch".[/quote] 4E73CF3E-517F-4FB7-A15F-145562E5D051.png[/quote]
Saw that one but not crazy about it. Maybe stores will have other options on Friday

Got mine from Best Buy... Early UPS delivery

f65755908fe032d686c19927dd8e0285.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is there any chance you could give me the dimensions for the SNES classic box?
Same as the NES Classic box.

BTW, the inventory counts are looking really good for the Targets...I'm seeing upwards of 150 per store and minimums of 60-100 even at the City Targets. A LOT of locations are still showing "0 available" but should be getting their inventory scanned in within the next day or two.

Available Qty: 147

Available Qty: 125

Available Qty: 156

Available Qty: 87

Available Qty: 138

Available Qty: 56

Available Qty: 147

Available Qty: 123

Brickseek got noobed a long time ago, it's a tool. It's not 100 percent accurate.
see if zoolert is any better, it is for me. but doesn't show all targets in my area though.

https://www.zoolert.com/target-inventory-checker/?ic=207-29-7001
Thanks for trying to help. Neither target or Walmart seems to show anything different. Walmart is a better option for me, since I work next to it. And target is 35 miles away. I work till 11pm Thursday, but I guess I'm gonna try to stop by Walmart.

Though I'm pretty sure with the nes, most of the employees purchased them.

Thanks for trying to help. Neither target or Walmart seems to show anything different. Walmart is a better option for me, since I work next to it. And target is 35 miles away. I work till 11pm Thursday, but I guess I'm gonna try to stop by Walmart.

Though I'm pretty sure with the nes, most of the employees purchased them.
I can confirm this. I used to work at Walmart during the PS3 launch and I bought like eight of them before launch lol.

I can confirm this. I used to work at Walmart during the PS3 launch and I bought like eight of them before launch lol.
Yeah I know 3 different Walmart employees and they all magically had one at launch. One of them actually waited in line for it though. Was talking to one of them asking about inventory for snes but he acted like he didn't know. If stores are actually getting 50ish, I should definitely have a shot even if I go an hour before launch. This particular Walmart only received 15 switches at launch.

I just checked my target.com order right now too, and it says the same thing for me right now. also my hold on my target card dropped off too. :(
Same here, really disconcerting. No updates on my Amazon.com and Amazon UK preorders either. Thinking I'll be really lucky if any of my 3 preorders ship. :(

Some people have already got their Best Buy preorders shipped to their homes. In-store ones will probably have to wait for them to get around to opening the boxes. It's still only Wednesday.

Well, zoolert *WAS* beginning to show inventory counts for a day or so, but now it's displaying 0 for all stores.  

Although since brickseek is able to also sort results by quantity, despite it showing Saleable Quantity: 0 for all locations, I surmise that I should be able to know which stores have the highest quantity (higher than the highest quantity that zoolert had previously shown me, which was 156).

On brickseek, the stores listed above the store that showed 156 available on zoolert *should* have even more.  Of those, there are 8 locations listed above that one store.  I called each of them and while I only got inventory counts showing up in their system at 3 of them, those numbers were 189, 211, and 178.  

If stock is really that high for most of the retailers then it really should not be to hard for anyone to get one on Friday.

These stock notification reports are promising.  Won't be able to wait in line this weekend, but I feel better about eventually getting one of these than I did previously.

These inventory levels are so crazy high I can't imagine there being restocks anything remotely close to the initial inventory levels.  Once they finally do sell through initial quantities, SNES classics should be hard to find again.  Unless the hype for people to buy multiples is completely killed in the first wave. 

These inventory levels are so crazy high I can't imagine there being restocks anything remotely close to the initial inventory levels. Once they finally do sell through initial quantities, SNES classics should be hard to find again. Unless the hype for people to buy multiples is completely killed in the first wave.
Nintendo is slow to adjust to changes, their current expectations are that demand will be very high. Just as they were slow to react to the NES Classic and Amiibo craze, they will also be slow to react if demand is not as high as the initial shipments indicate. Honestly I'm kind of expecting a small glut as average people become aware of the ship numbers and the scalpers start returning consoles they aren't going to get $300 for (though some of the early birds will likely get that from people).

So it turns out they did deactivate my red card and I didn't even activate the forced "upgraded" MasterCard they gave me. Looks like my preorder will be lost when they try to charge it. Called target cs and wasted 2 hours getting bounced to multiple people saying another department could help when they couldn't. Online cs is nice but one lady in offshore redcard services was really rude and just angrily repeated her script that she can activate my new card and hung up on me.

Was really going to cancel my redcard but can't give up 5% for bad service. Also read in the insert the new redcard has warranty doubling and price protection which was one of the few deficiencies about the old redcard.

Well, zoolert *WAS* beginning to show inventory counts for a day or so, but now it's displaying 0 for all stores.

Although since brickseek is able to also sort results by quantity, despite it showing Saleable Quantity: 0 for all locations, I surmise that I should be able to know which stores have the highest quantity (higher than the highest quantity that zoolert had previously shown me, which was 156).

On brickseek, the stores listed above the store that showed 156 available on zoolert *should* have even more. Of those, there are 8 locations listed above that one store. I called each of them and while I only got inventory counts showing up in their system at 3 of them, those numbers were 189, 211, and 178.
Thanks for sharing this strategy. My local store was close to the top stores listed, so I think the 19 I was told by the manager is either BS or they’re still waiting on a shipment.

Edit: Sorting Brickseek by quantity seems to simply list stores in alphabetical order.

Just saw my target preorder was cancelled due to the deactivated redcard.  So that probably means they are about to ship them out.  I was just 1 DAY away!!!  Thanks target and mastercard.  :evil:

Now mine shows shipped with a tracking number, even though there's no charge on my card. So don't lose hope yet...

target order has a pending charge from today, still says preparing to ship, arriving through Fri, Sep 29 - Tue, Oct 10

bestbuy just got a shipping email this afternoon, hopefully i get it tomorrow.

walmart preparing order arrives Oct 5th

After reading about how someone managed to get the NES Classic to work as a SNES Classic (edit: same interface to clarify, and games, not what was done previously), it feels like i'm just paying for a different shell and 2 controllers now. Not that it wasn't expected, Nintendo didn't even bother to attempt to make it challenging. Oh well, still can't wait to get it Friday.

I will still get one for the fact that it's officially licensed and it's fun to hack these things for the sake of trying out new games I didn't have as a kid. I was hopeful the hardware would be improved but that will have to wait for the N64C it seems. At least it sounds like the emulation software will be a gift to us for purposes of playing SNES roms in all their glory because that was one issue with the NESC's hack.

I ordered two SNES classics from B.B. because for a couple months they have cancelled orders regardless of the card when I use the app. For some reason when I saw links on CAG the order was not cancelled. Today I received an email that the duplicate would be cancelled and the other would be ready for in store pick up on Friday.

My shipping order from Best Buy was sent out today.  Says it will be here tomorrow but I expect more like Saturday.  But still, YAY!

3dd5bca4ec951dcffff80e5a00140f.JPG

My shipping order from Best Buy was sent out today. Says it will be here tomorrow but I expect more like Saturday. But still, YAY!

3dd5bca4ec951dcffff80e5a00140f.JPG
Damn I still remember Gabby J and that pussy "yay" he throws out there before I utterly annihilated him every time in like 10 seconds lol. Good times, good times.

bread's done
Back