SNES Classic Discussion Thread

also clearing up more misinformation: Amazon USA did most certainly have a preorder for the nes classic last year.
Not saying I don't believe you because I could be wrong but citation needed on that. I don't recall it ever being up for pre-order on Amazon and a quick look at the Amazon forums from around that time makes no mention of it ever being available for pre-order either.

Real collectors as well as video game fanatics who grew up in the 90s are going to want one console in each colorway anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying I don't believe you because I could be wrong but citation needed on that. I don't recall it ever being up for pre-order on Amazon and a quick look at the Amazon forums from around that time makes no mention of it ever being available for pre-order either.
It was, since I ordered one when it was up there.

One reason that a lot of people thought that Nintendo released the NES Classic was to keep their name relevant during the holiday season when the Switch wasn't releasing till March. Now that the Switch is here and will do good during the holiday season, could Nintendo have finally come to their senses and know that these retro consoles can make them money and really make this a full release rather than a limited release. Hopefully, Nintendo learned from their mistakes with the NES Classic and will make a ton of these.
They aren't going to flood the market. I think it's an xmas only item. Will be limited. Probably not as limited as the NES. But at the same time I think demand for SNES games > that of NES games because SNES games hold up better overall plus awareness from NES Classic will spike demand as well.

I think they treat this like Disney does or did with their classic movies when they used to rerelease them every 7 years or whatever it was. IT's something they can bring back again in 7-10 years.

IIRC Amazon and Walmart told us when preorders would go up. That resulted in their websites crashing and some people getting orders in. I just don't remember if they were "preorders" or if these were when it launched.

I feel like an abused spouse in regards to Nintendo. I know these are going to be scarce like the NES Classic but I really want to get this. They cannot even fill Switch demand and that is their primary console. There is no way I am going to be able to get this without a preorder. Damn!

Unless it says it can't ship to the US..

attachicon.gif
ohnoes.jpg
But Amazon let me order one.

IJAAwJM.png

So, I just called GS. No pre order on SNES Classic. 

Said line for NES classic was blocks long. 

Grumble. Times like this I wish I could just pay a slight premium to Amazon, BB or whoever and guarantee a unit. 

I'm waiting for the US preorder simply because I am apparently one of the few people who finds the international edition ugly lol...
I imagine the US edition of the SNES Classic will be harder to get a hold of than the NES Classic due to higher demand over nostalgia, and Nintendo not anticipating the collectors overseas buying this because only the US has a different variant of the console.

So, I just called GS. No pre order on SNES Classic.

Said line for NES classic was blocks long.

Grumble. Times like this I wish I could just pay a slight premium to Amazon, BB or whoever and guarantee a unit.
My gamestop put me on a calling list for when pre-orders are open at the store.

I already got the UK order so I'm not going to be trying as hard for the NA version unless I want one of each for whatever reason.

Real collectors as well as video game fanatics who grew up in the 90s are going to want one console in each colorway anyways.
As opposed to imaginary collectors?

If they do an N64 Classic in every color it ever came in it would cost a small fortune. There's what, at least 10 variants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for the US preorder simply because I am apparently one of the few people who finds the international edition ugly lol...
I imagine the US edition of the SNES Classic will be harder to get a hold of than the NES Classic due to higher demand over nostalgia, and Nintendo not anticipating the collectors overseas buying this because only the US has a different variant of the console.
I think the console is hideous but those controllers are nice.

It was, since I ordered one when it was up there.

IIRC Amazon and Walmart told us when preorders would go up. That resulted in their websites crashing and some people getting orders in. I just don't remember if they were "preorders" or if these were when it launched.
perhaps thats what im remembering.. my order date was nov. 10th so i could be mistaken and that might have been the "release date" and not a preorder. sorry for my confusion

I have nearly all of the games included for the SNES Classic as part of my collection. It's my favorite system (see avatar) and some of them are even in the box. 

I love design and dear God, this just looks so freaking cool. Anyway. This seems like one of those things where I'm gonna have to camp outside to get one. Which I don't see happening. I love Nintendo, but not that much. 

Here's to hoping the expected supply shortages never come, although I'd imagine interest in the SNES Classic is WAY higher than NES. 

So I see the orders are up when I look at 1:45, and decide to read some info about it first, and then 4 minutes later.....

My gamestop put me on a calling list for when pre-orders are open at the store.

I already got the UK order so I'm not going to be trying as hard for the NA version unless I want one of each for whatever reason.
lol, a pre pre pre pre pre order call list for the pre-order

Edit: nevermind links on wiki

Side note: 

Does anyone have any tips they can share about how to get this thing the instant it goes live? Other than hitting refresh 10,000 times? 

Other than coming on CAG or just getting lucky, IDK any other effective way.

I saw the UK one... almost preordered, waited 5 min cuz im at work, went to preorder it and already gone and already being scalped ON amazon for $200+. Sigh. The US one wont be any different im sure.

Side note:

Does anyone have any tips they can share about how to get this thing the instant it goes live? Other than hitting refresh 10,000 times?

Sign up for twitter and follow accounts like Nintendeal. Set push notifications for every time they tweet. They are usually very fast about posting when it goes live.

I saw the UK one... almost preordered, waited 5 min cuz im at work, went to preorder it and already gone and already being scalped ON amazon for $200+. Sigh. The US one wont be any different im sure.
How? You can't sell an item on Amazon until it comes out.

Pre-ordered from the UK site too. Was a bit creeped out that the UK Amazon site knew my US addresses, and completely forgot my UK one when I used to live in the UK a few years ago! Hopefully they do deliver in the US! I actually like the EU version better

Pre-ordered from the UK site too. Was a bit creeped out that the UK Amazon site knew my US addresses, and completely forgot my UK one when I used to live in the UK a few years ago! Hopefully they do deliver in the US! I actually like the EU version better
Every global Amazon uses one account/password except Amazon Japan.

Side note:

Sign up for twitter and follow accounts like Nintendeal. Set push notifications for every time they tweet. They are usually very fast about posting when it goes live.
Another good one is @NinMobileNews. https://twitter.com/ninmobilenews?lang=en

Cool. Signed up for THREE Twitter alerts. 

That increases my chance to land a critical hit, score SNES Classic by 1.5%. Apparently, this effect does not stack. 

That lasted about...what 5 mins on amazon uk? Lol. 

Was hesitating at first but decided f- it and put in my preorder as everyone else did and now their already sold out.

I have no hope of getting an american version at this rate, luckly i have a UK version secured at the least. 

-PS-

360 guests reading this thread.....Hi scalpers! :)

Was hesitating at first but decided f- it and put in my preorder as everyone else did and now their already sold out.

I have no hope of getting an american version at this rate, luckly i have a UK version secured at the least.

-PS-

Definitely closer to 30 minutes..

-PS-
It was up a good 30 min at least.

bread's done
Back