SNES Classic Discussion Thread

have you not seen the prices for the nes classic right now? worst case you cancel your order/return/sell at what you paid easily.

Just order it now, they wont charge you until it gets shipped anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.

I ordered the German Amazon version of the Snes mini, the order went through, that's my back up in case I can't ever get the USA version. I'd happily spend an extra $20 vs's spending scalper prices on eBay.
Yeah I was forgetting that with tax included, the difference isn't that bad for something that's shipping internationally. I kinda prefer this version more, but I'm still going to keep an eye out on the US version just in case.

easy guy. i was trying to help someone out who wasnt sure if the euro version was going to be a good buy vs a us version. dont want to get the euro version.... dont? move along

OOS now on amazon.de,  I'm glad I was able to get mine in when I did.  I chose Global expedited shipping as well.  I hope my order doesn't get cancelled as it says does not ship to U.S.

easy guy. i was trying to help someone out who wasnt sure if the euro version was going to be a good buy vs a us version. dont want to get the euro version.... dont? move along
I ordered one on Amazon UK and it was like $83 shipping included. So not bad considering it is shipping internationally.

dam the de one def more expensive after conversion than the UK one, ugh =(

oh well, hopefully i have luck with US version and can cancel de one

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't trying to come at you, but if you're going to make a claim, at least make sure it's factual. On-topic, I agree, that pre-ordering whatever you can get your hand on at this point, even if euro version, is totally worth the peace of mind later.

dam the de one def more expensive after conversion than the UK one, ugh =(

oh well, hopefully i have luck with US version and can cancel de one
I know, it sucks missing out on the UK one but at least we were able to get one on amazon.de rather then be left in the cold if we can't secure a U.S. one.

I was going to ask about this. Play Asia has the famicom classic for 100 dollars. Is that a decent buy? It is the first party Nintendo version just the Japan model. Good buy or no? It's ugly but has a solid selection of games
I have the famicom classic - everything was in Japanese though. Good buy for me since this was the original console I grew up with (not the NES). I wanted to get an NES but because of the high demand here in the US, we weren't able to secure one (my husband was in a meeting both times when they offered the pre-order and when it went on sale - when he checked an hour later, they're all gone)

Anyone else notice the standalone Modern Warfare remastered page has a preorder button pop up for a split second on desktop (link). It's available on the PlayStation store (link).

All I want to know is, can I get Mario Paint to work on this thing.
giphy.gif

I cannot believe they did not add Chrono Trigger or Actraiser in this SNES mini. ugh...  

Who else is afraid to leave their house in fear of missing out on the pre-orders? LOL

With my luck the moment I step out to go to the post office the USA pre-orders will go live and I will be screwed.

I cannot believe they did not add Chrono Trigger or Actraiser in this SNES mini. ugh...

Who else is afraid to leave their house in fear of missing out on the pre-orders? LOL

With my luck the moment I step out to go to the post office the USA pre-orders will go live and I will be screwed.
Do you not have a cell phone?

Do you not have a cell phone?
I do but the signal around my area sucks so bad, it lags. Takes like 25 seconds just to open up a webpage on my phone. Just to order something on eBay or amazon lags and takes too much time. With the traffic going to the pre-order sites it will be brutal on my phone. My best chance is at home.

Does this thing use the same wii connection as the NES classic? The image of the console on the box looks just like an official SNES controller.

Nevermind, just saw this on Nintendo's site: "The Super NES Classic Edition is compatible with the Classic Controller™ and Classic Controller Pro™ accessories. Just plug it in and play!"

Should have had Chrono Trigger, Turtles In Time, Killer Instinct & Kirby's Dream Land 3 and it would be perfect.
Killer Instinct is owned by Rare/Microsoft. I'd venture to guess Turtles is related to licensing. Chrono Trigger I would have prefered, but I think they opted for FF3 instead and Kirby's Superstar was chosen over Dream Land 3.

I wasn't trying to come at you, but if you're going to make a claim, at least make sure it's factual. On-topic, I agree, that pre-ordering whatever you can get your hand on at this point, even if euro version, is totally worth the peace of mind later.
Not to stir the pot... but if you adjust for outliers they are going for similar amounts.

I'm sure it's not a problem for Amazon to easily switch all of the orders they took yesterday to the new price. They probably took hundreds of orders during that point yesterday. I doubt they would sit back and hope not a single one of those people notice they were hit with a higher price. You aren't charged until it ships.
Yeah, from what I can tell though, it doesn't even look like Amazon is the seller on mine. But the other concern is, my price is techinically lower because of the VAT - did people who bought the 69.99 get VAT removed?

I know but I can dream. :)
Killer Instinct has REALLY not aged well, particularly the SNES version. You can play the arcade version on XBox One, and even the arcade feels very rough now, particularly compared to the ice smooth new game. Only the N64 Gold version is not that bad anymore.

TMNT and Chrono Trigger are notable absences, as is Cybernator for me (love that game). But the rest of the list is so good - there really isn't a dud among them (unlike the NES Classic), so they won't be terribly missed.

bread's done
Back