SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I raise you.

dXXCaLp.jpg
I think you won, because of the strap-in sandles

Killer Instinct has REALLY not aged well, particularly the SNES version. You can play the arcade version on XBox One, and even the arcade feels very rough now, particularly compared to the ice smooth new game. Only the N64 Gold version is not that bad anymore.

TMNT and Chrono Trigger are notable absences, as is Cybernator for me (love that game). But the rest of the list is so good - there really isn't a dud among them (unlike the NES Classic), so they won't be terribly missed.
That's because they designed a game with Input Lag as it's main feature. KI was bad by fighting game standards all the way back when it first released.

I wonder if the graphics will look better on the SNES mini than the SNES games that were added to the hacked NES. If there is no graphic improvement then the pluses are Starfox 2, two controllers and the SNES case that hopefully will not turn yellow.

I would like to get one of these devices, but won't be camping out or paying scalper fees. Hoping to get lucky with a pre-order somewhere. Would love to try some of those RPG's. FF3 is the only one I've played on that list

I'm starting to wonder if that was taken at a store ... the glass counter and sandals seems suspect ....

I DEMAND MORE PROOF
The sandals are my feet and yes it's at a store, I had them authenticate the cart for me. As for the Sandals, I hate the ones that go in between your toes. Those things are fucking annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really not wanting to change my shipping to Global, from Standard, due to it costing almost double. Worst case scenario at time of shipment, they'd send me an email forcing, or warning me to change it to Global, saying it can't be shipped otherwise, right?

I wonder if the graphics will look better on the SNES mini than the SNES games that were added to the hacked NES. If there is no graphic improvement then the pluses are Starfox 2, two controllers and the SNES case that hopefully will not turn yellow.
Digital Foundry reported all games will display at 4K, 60 frames per second

Really not wanting to change my shipping to Global, from Standard, due to it costing almost double. Worst case scenario at time of shipment, they'd send me an email forcing, or warning me to change it to Global, saying it can't be shipped otherwise, right?
I already emailed Amazon of U.K. And posted their response here in this thread. Standard= royal airmail. Global or expedited won't really speed up the shipping much at all but maybe a day or so. So there you go

I already emailed Amazon of U.K. And posted their response here in this thread. Standard= royal airmail. Global or expedited won't really speed up the shipping much at all but maybe a day or so. So there you go
That's an extra day or two with it not being in my home where it can sit on my console shelf as it watches me desperately try and fail to catch up with my backlog as it collects dust! THAT'S TIME I MUST HAVE!

Damn; and I just have the cart.

Never knew there was a soccer game.
MM soccer is one of my favorites. I have a duplicate X2 cart, box, ans manual.

I've got tons of extra stuff I'm sitting on that I need to get rid of. Trying to purchase mega man 4,5,6 cib for nes to finish that set off.

Very nice Mako1215!
Thank you. I've been upping my collection little by little.

You guys and your rare SNES stuff. I had to go look at my Clayfighters Sculptor's Cut and complete copy of Snatcher to feel better.

If I was actually incline to dig it out of the storage closet, I just throw down my Star Fox Super Weekend Competition Set(cartridge, shirt, pin) and end this measuring contest....but I'm lazy. :lol:

Edit:  Actually I can't remember where the pin is, but I have a floaty pen that I got from somewhere.

Hagane is a very difficult game! Love seeing these flex pics lol I've been out the collecting game for a while but I really miss my Earthbound cart.

If someone knew how much i spent they would have a heart attack on how little it was.
If most collectors are like me, I'd imagine they pay full market value once in a blue moon. Most stuff is snagged at deal prices, and every so often you get real lucky with robbery.

I got my Metroid CIB for like $30. (It is real, checked everything).

I also paid $120 for my March of the Black Queen copy. Came into some money and said "Screw it. I want this now."

I think I paid like $200 something for Street Fighter II sealed a few years back. Actually forgot I had it until we started talking about our collections.

When I was 10-12 I used to buy things like Clayfighters and Super Scope games out of the bargain bin because I couldn't afford to buy the games that we wanted like Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy III.   The RPGs were all $70-100+ each; they were only sold at niche mall stores like Electronics Boutique or Babbages.  That's about $120-175 in 2017 dollars.  So those games were reserved for rentals only. 

A few years later I realized how dumb that was and I should have saved my money for the important games.  Not a big deal though because a lot of that stuff got released again on PSX, and in GC or PS2 compilations and remakes. 

Most people only want them now because they're worth money. 

​SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY THIS SUNDAY

SNES RARES SHOWDOWN, ONLY ON CAG

PAPER-VIEW, SHOWING THE BEST SNES GAMES IN A STEEL CAGE MATCH WHERE TWO PEOPLE WILL THROW THE BEST SNES THEY GOT AT EACH OTHER.

WITH MILLIONS OF PEOPLE NOT EVEN WATCHING THE MATCH WHILE REFRESHING AMAZON FOR SNES CLASSIC.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY THIS SUNDAY ONLY WITH MONSTER TRUCKS
Yeah. There's always someone with a "better" collection than you, so the showdown is basically pointless. Do you have what games you want? If yes, be happy. If no, buy them for yourself and not to impress usernames on the internet.

I bought a snes and some games from someone here a freaking decade ago and of course its still sitting in the box it came in. I must have got a hell of a deal since it has ff3 w/box, LttP w/ box, SM, CT, and star fox. Only $120 but its been sitting there the whole time and now my dumb ass wants one of these minis.

bread's done
Back